Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen and takes a lot of time to boot

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen and takes a lot of time to boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did the windows 10 update in july and caused black screen and cursor after i login and can't open task manager. I tried to search online for fixes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rajan999, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Rajan999 Win User

Windows 10 black screen and takes a lot of time to boot

I did the windows 10 update in july and caused black screen and cursor after i login and can't open task manager. I tried to search online for fixes but nothing worked, but if leave my pc with black acreen for about 20-15 mins it disappears slowly desktop and all icons start appearing but it takes a lot and runs really slowly. Pls tell me a solution and while uninstalling unused apps i found visual c++ apps in my program list, they were installed the same day i did the update, i also wanted to ask if uninstalling will fix this problem.srry for bad english.

:)

Rajan999, Aug 6, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 6, 2018
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 black screen and takes a lot of time to boot

Anthony Gal, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen and takes a lot of time to boot

1. Windows 10 black screen and takes a lot of time to boot - Similar Threads - black screen takes

2. Reverting Windows 11 back to Windows 10 is taking a lot of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting Windows 11 back to Windows 10 is taking a lot of time: I installed Windows 11 recently and I am trying to revert back to Windows 10 within a week but it has been over 2 hours of laptop constantly restarting over and over again and I'm concerned if it will/already has affected my laptop's data. Can someone help me find out what's...
  3. Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot time/wake up from sleep takes lots of time: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a laptop HP Envy 15t - i7 6700HQ, model - M9U50AV which is around 5 years old running Windows 10. It has been running smoothly for last couple of years except for one issue which cropped up last year. The boot time is extremely high around 5...
  4. Display taking a lot of time to appear!

Display taking a lot of time to appear!: Hi friends. I need help. I recently purchased a PC with the original Windows 10 Pro. It was running smoothly until an update happened. The PC still runs very smoothly without any issues, but it is taking a lot of time for the display to appear. Once, it appears, everything is...
  5. Takes forever to boot (Black screen for vey long time)

Takes forever to boot (Black screen for vey long time): Hi. My PC takes forever to launch. It's just stuck on black screen for a very long time then finally starts up. Could "Delayed launcher" under startup on the PC have anything to do with this? Also my date and time is wrong every time I start up the computer. Have to sync...
  6. hpz12 takes a lot of cpu time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hpz12 takes a lot of cpu time: The driver HPZ12 takes up a lot of CPU time. How do I gain control of that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hpz12-takes-a-lot-of-cpu-time/091232a0-1d41-454a-a7a7-da5fadbe3b1b
  7. WINDOWS 10 TAKES LOT OF TIME TO BOOT & SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 TAKES LOT OF TIME TO BOOT & SHUTDOWN: I have a new hp laptop having windows 10 with intel i3 7 th gen 4gb ram. it will take a lot of time to respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-takes-lot-of-time-to-boot-shutdown/20cc21c9-eb8b-4f4c-8f09-28120946779d
  8. refresh takes a lot of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    refresh takes a lot of time: Recently I am facing the issue of long buffering after a right click on the desktop, for refreshing the PC. I have tried several measures but for no use. Could you suggest something more technical and deep rooted? Please help me out here......
  9. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  10. long boot time with black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot time with black screen: my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after showing logo black sceen splashes it remain black for 2 mintues. windows 10 auto install drivers. I have tried amd autocheck...