Windows 10: Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

Discus and support Windows 10 Black Screen During Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys, I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrCov, Jul 28, 2015.

1. MrCov Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

Hey guys,

I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing drivers step, but after the restart and going through the dell startup screen, everything went black. The HDD light is stuck on and not flickering like it normally does. There is no cursor or anything on the screen, it's just black. I waited for an hour and nothing changed, so I thought maybe it was frozen, so I restarted the computer via hard reset, which took it to a "attempting to recover update" screen, but after a few seconds on that screen it went immediately back to the black screen.
    Its been about 30 min since that hard restart and its still black, HDD light still on, and nothing seems to be happening. Does anyone have any solutions to this???
    Thanks!

:)

MrCov, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 shows black screen with frozen cursor during installation of updates

Hi,

A corruption or incomplete installation may be the possible reasons why you experience black screen during installation of the update. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you download and run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    for Windows 10 to diagnose update issues. You may also perform the instructions in this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will let you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10, see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10, and see a black or black screen during setup or upgrade.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Rose Cal, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Nightrise Win User

Same problem here man. Sigh I should have backed up.

Problem's been going on for hours

Nightrise, Jul 28, 2015
  5. mmace Win User
    exactly the same (Dell laptop)
    after the 2nd time when I rebooted it removed the update and went back to 8.1 and re-downloaded 10 then did the same again the next time I tried but no HDD light permanently on the 2nd time around

mmace, Jul 28, 2015
  6. MrCov Win User
    I have a sort of update...

I unplugged the laptop from its power supply and did another hard reset. This took me back to the recover installation, an then to a reverting back to your old software screen. After 10 min on that screen it took me back to the windows 8.1 login, and now its loaded everything back to normal on 8.1. I'm debating trying to install it again...

MrCov, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Nightrise Win User
    I can't hard reset, its a shared PC.

Its been 4 hours dammit

Nightrise, Jul 28, 2015
  8. MrCov Win User

Update 2...

Well, I decided to try again. The update has been redownloaded and I just started the installation. Hope this round works!

Nightrise, are you sure you can restart your computer? I think it's just going to stay black until you restart it twice somehow.

MrCov, Jul 28, 2015
  9. mmace Win User
    let us know how it goes, I replied above, it re-downloaded for me but did the same when installing

mmace, Jul 28, 2015
  10. Nightrise Win User
    Yes I can restart (pressing the power button), but every time it reboots it just gets to the black screen+cursor after getting past the OEM loading page.

Restart it twice???

Nightrise, Jul 28, 2015
  11. mmace Win User
    yours appears to be a different problem, we don't have a cursor

mmace, Jul 28, 2015
  12. MrCov Win User
    Hmm. If it's a laptop try disconnecting the power supply and then restarting. That worked for me. (I think its because it needs to have the power plugged in to continue installing, and if it is unplugged then as a safety feature it goes back to your old windows to prevent data loss. 100% pure guess though.)

MrCov, Jul 28, 2015
  13. Nightrise Win User

I'm starting to suspect it may be a video issue but that's just a late night guess. Will leave it on while I call it a day.

Nightrise, Jul 28, 2015
  14. Ztruker Win User
    I had the same problem updating my 8.1 Pro X64 system, hung at black screen with mouse still working.
    I had to hard reset 3-4 times then I started getting flashes of the Desktop and the hung screen.
    A few more resets and ity stayed on the Desktop long enough for me to click on Settings, Power, Shift+Restart which took me to the recovery screen where I was able to chose Rollback. It started to rollback then hung. Another hard rest and the restore to 8.1 finally actually started and completed and I'm now back to 8.1.

What is strange is the Windows Update screen opened immediately and it said Downloading Windows 10, which I already had. I checked and it had wiped out the $Windows.~BT folder and was downloading it all over again. Currently at 61%.

No idea what is wrong but it seems to be video related. I have a ATI Radeon HD 3450.

I'm downloading the ISO via the new WIn 10 MediaCreationTool and will create a flash drive to try the upgrade from next time.

Ztruker, Jul 28, 2015
  15. MrCov Win User
    Update 3...

Files have been copied and it restarted successfully. Now it's starting the "Installing features and drivers" where it got hung up last time after it completed this step. Lets see how this goes...

MrCov, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Black Screen During Install - Similar Threads - Black Screen During

2. bootcamp black screen during installation and booting into it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bootcamp black screen during installation and booting into it: Does anyone experience the same issue where either during Windows 10 installation or booting intoWindows 10, after the windows logo, the display screen immediately turn black. If you use a flash light and point close to the screen, you could still see your windows desktop...
  3. Black Screen during install of 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen during install of 20H2 update: It asked me to restart so the install can start. Everything was going well until it hit 26% when it restarted. Nothing alarming as I know this happens a lot during an update. The problem is that it is now stuck at a black screen. I tried to wait and went to sleep. 5 hours and...
  4. Black screen during windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during windows install: I have upgraded my pc last night and tried installing windows 3 tines but each time half way through the install, the screen turns black (not off). Any ideas? submitted by /u/ltbutler6 [link] [comments]...
  5. I got a black screen during the installation of windows 10

I got a black screen during the installation of windows 10: is it common to get a black screen while installing windows 10? i can move my cursor and everything seems fine. I had also just finished confirming my settings for windows as well. could it be that its just finishing the update?...
  6. Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart: My problem was solved by removing the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse's usb dongle. I went to Logitech's website and downloaded the firmware for my mouse's model and the problem was resolved....
  7. Windows 10 October Update - Black screen during the installation

Windows 10 October Update - Black screen during the installation: Hey I have a problem with updating the windows - After second reboot it goes black screen. Here is the Panther folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mC8Y1h3WyZJ4O1ycINF7ZdohiU4RNZ7W Also I have to delete Intel Videocard driver in order to get a progress in updating - is...
  8. Windows 10 install produced black screen during setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 install produced black screen during setup: Does anyone have a solution for this? Reboot does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-install-produced-black-screen-during/acc00a11-ff2b-46b8-90d7-11757852b954
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor

Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor: Specs: Intel 2600k Asus Maximus V Extreme Nvidia GeForce GTX 590(1 GPU disabled) Samsung Evo 840 250 GB(19 GB space left before installing, however the setup said everything was fine) 2 Western Digital Blues 500 GB I've been looking at the forums here looking at the...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot: I tried upgrading to Windows 10 this evening, and during the installation process my computer rebooted a few times. The second time it rebooted, all I saw was a black screen and it stayed like that. I could see my mouse cursor on the black screen but nothing happened. I tried...