Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am new to this website. It has been a couple months ever since I downloaded Windows 10, so it is not the typical problem people get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by karoberberyan, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem

Hello everyone, I am new to this website. It has been a couple months ever since I downloaded Windows 10, so it is not the typical problem people get during installation. About a week ago, there was a new security update from windows, so I updated my computer. I left that on overnight. My computer was frozen on an orange screen with a frozen loading circle in the middle. I did not know what went wrong, so I panicked and turned my computer off. After that, it kept doing that until it eventually went to this recovery page where it asked if I wanted to restore to a past point. I restored to a week before the problem, yet the problem was still present. After that, I tried starting the computer with "disable early launch anti-malware protection" and it worked the first time, then i restarted the computer, and again it was stuck at that orange screen. I'm not sure what I did, but that orange screen is not present anymore. It is now a black screen. Is there anything I can do in safe mode to fix my problem? I don't want to restore my computer because of all the data I have.

:)

karoberberyan, Nov 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem

It has been a couple months ever since I downloaded Windows 10, so it is not the typical problem people get during installation. There is no cursor on the black screen. About a week ago, there was a
    new security update from windows, so I updated my computer. I left that on overnight. My computer was frozen on an orange screen with a frozen loading circle in the middle. I did not know what went wrong, so I panicked and turned my computer off. After that,
    it kept doing that until it eventually went to this recovery page where it asked if I wanted to restore to a past point. I restored to a week before the problem, yet the problem was still present. After that, I tried starting the computer with "disable early
    launch anti-malware protection" and it worked the first time, then i restarted the computer, and again it was stuck at that orange screen. I'm not sure what I did, but that orange screen is not present anymore. It is now a black screen. Is there anything I
    can do in safe mode to fix my problem? I don't want to restore my computer because of all the data I have.

KaroBerberyan, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem

Hi Karo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are getting Black screen error after installing a new update. I’ll certainly help you fix this.

This may occur if a problem cause your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. I would suggest you to refer the following Windows article on how to troubleshoot black screen problems in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem

1. Windows 10 black screen during startup, not the typical problem - Similar Threads - black screen during

2. Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup: Hello All the expart , i hope i ll get the proper solution here kindly someone help me out . My problem is : 15 days back i have purchased a new desktop and its home assembled from the shop they have installled windows 11 . Since i bring that setup in my home that computer...
  3. Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in black screen during startup: Hello All the expart , i hope i ll get the proper solution here kindly someone help me out . My problem is : 15 days back i have purchased a new desktop and its home assembled from the shop they have installled windows 11 . Since i bring that setup in my home that computer...
  4. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  5. Windows 10 black screen at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen at startup: I restarted my computer and all of a sudden windows will not boot. I get motherboard splash screen but, then it goes black. I reset my PC and removed all the files, windows then starts to install but at 9% the computer restarts and back to black screen.Any advice would be...
  6. windows 10 black screen on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 black screen on startup: Hello,I have HP pavilion x360 laptop, when I turn on my laptop and after the HP logo appears and before Microsoft logo appears,a black screen shows for about 2 minutes or a few less , then the laptop works normally,I tried to delete few updates that installed on the day that...
  7. Infinite Black Screen during Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Black Screen during Startup: Hi, I have a custom built computer than i installed myself, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H. Upon starting up I can press the following buttons: Del: BIOS startup/Q-Flash F9: System Information F12: Boot Menu End: Q-Flash Yesterday i moved my computer...
  8. black screen on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen on startup windows 10: hi when i turn my computer on it loads up but then a blue box appears and then dissappearsand it stays on a black screen but i can still hear sounds through my headphones that i am using can someone help me please as to why this is happening also i turned it on yesterday did...
  9. HD3000+ATI 6490M black screen during startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HD3000+ATI 6490M black screen during startup: The boot sequence takes too long (black screen during startup for almost 1 min). It seems there is an issue with the switching between these two boards. Is there any way to keep a low power consumption, keeping the option to use both cards and remove the long black screen ?...
  10. Windows 10 black screen on startup problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen on startup problem: Hello I'm writing this from my mobile and have some difficulty searching the forum for my issue. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a toshiba satellite c660 laptop (this pre dates Windows 10 officially supported equipment). I have an SSD which...