Windows 10: Windows 10 black screen on volume 1(main) and not Volume 4(old)

Discus and support Windows 10 black screen on volume 1(main) and not Volume 4(old) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay so I went to hop on my desktop today, it wasn't waking up when I move mouse etc, which was odd because it was on. So I restarted it and I've had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zelphus, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Zelphus Win User

Windows 10 black screen on volume 1(main) and not Volume 4(old)

Okay so I went to hop on my desktop today, it wasn't waking up when I move mouse etc, which was odd because it was on. So I restarted it and I've had two options for windows 10 for a while now volume 1 and 4 I don't know why, I've always used 1 but now when I click 1 it just goes to black screen, monitor is awake cause my light turns blue when it is, I pressed windows key with something I forgot what button while in black screen and sound was coming through. So I restated again and went on volume 4 and that worked fine out dated stuff since I haven't used it but it was working. I would like to get back on my main volume, or at least know what the issue is.

i did a Nvidia graphic card update a day or two ago as well.
    i also tried to go to the troubleshoot screen when you open windows 10 which worked fine, but when I clicked restore to a previous time-black screen- and then I tried removing everything completely clicked that option -black screen-
    Thanks for help ahead of time!! *Smile

:)

Zelphus, Apr 20, 2017
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows (volume 1) an Windows (volume 4)????

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Is this a dual boot computer? If yes, which is the second operating system installed?
    • In Which drive did you install Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows + R, type msconfig in box
    • Select boot tab, and select Windows 10 as default
    • Click on apply and close the Window
    I suggest you refer the link and check if it helps

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Windows (volume 1) an Windows (volume 4)????

This has nothing to to with "sound" volume. When I start my computer and windows is loading, it goes to the screen where I choose an operating system to start. It show Windows 10 (volume 2) and Windows 10 (volume4). I choose volume 2, and it seems to work.
    I have no idea what they mean, and I can't set volume 2 as my default operating system, so it's annoying to have to go through that selection every time. Thanks in advance!

GrantLittle, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Zelphus Win User

UPDATE: so I went into volume 4 and attempted a complete wipe again, once I clicked it screen went black for a while and no sign it was working, so now I put in my windows XP disk and am going to attempt a clean install of that, then just upgrade to windows 10.

Zelphus, Apr 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 black screen on volume 1(main) and not Volume 4(old) - Similar Threads - black screen volume

2. Windows 10 Volume 3 or 4?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Volume 3 or 4?: HI,I've switched back to Win 10.-On start up, they ask me to choose Win 10 Volume 3 or 4?-I've switched back to Win 10 by choosing Volume 4.1/ why they keep asking me this question?2/ what's the diff. between Volum 3 and 4?ThanksAlex...
  3. Windows 10 Volume 3 or 4?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Volume 3 or 4?: HI,I've switched back to Win 10.-On start up, they ask me to choose Win 10 Volume 3 or 4?-I've switched back to Win 10 by choosing Volume 4.1/ why they keep asking me this question?2/ what's the diff. between Volum 3 and 4?ThanksAlex...
  4. Windows Volume 3 or 4?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Volume 3 or 4?: HI,I've switched back to Win 10.-On start up, they ask me to choose Win 10 Volume 3 or 4?-I've switched back to Win 10 by choosing Volume 4.1/ why they keep asking me this question?2/ what's the diff. between Volum 3 and 4?ThanksAlex...
  5. Windows Volume 3 or 4?

Windows Volume 3 or 4?: HI,I've switched back to Win 10.-On start up, they ask me to choose Win 10 Volume 3 or 4?-I've switched back to Win 10 by choosing Volume 4.1/ why they keep asking me this question?2/ what's the diff. between Volum 3 and 4?ThanksAlex...
  6. extend volume of the main disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extend volume of the main disk: i cant extend the volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-of-the-main-disk/b2b7de90-24e1-433f-86db-a8e130d694f0
  7. extend volume of the main disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extend volume of the main disk: i cant extend the volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-of-the-main-disk/b2b7de90-24e1-433f-86db-a8e130d694f0
  8. Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4: Hello. I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 and also i bought Windows 11. After the first installation, which went good, I tought that I didn’t set up the partitions I later found out that i could set them up like i wanted from the settings so i tried to...
  9. Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4

Windows 11 on different volumes volume 3 and volume 4: Hello. I recently bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ITL05 and also i bought Windows 11. After the first installation, which went good, I tought that I didn’t set up the partitions I later found out that i could set them up like i wanted from the settings so i tried to...
  10. Main volume control outcasted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main volume control outcasted: Having trouble with the main volume control from my laptop. It does move but it doesnt control the volume levels of the different softwares or apps (youtube, Itunes etc). I can control the their volume from the volume mixer menu with their dedicated adjustment levels, but as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 black screen volume

2. windows on volume 4

3. windows 10 volume not on main display