Windows 10: Windows 10 Black screen problem NOT AFTER INSTALlATION

Discus and support Windows 10 Black screen problem NOT AFTER INSTALlATION in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yesterday i went shut down my computer, however the computer hadn't shut off after a few minutes so I physically held down the power button to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chase, Apr 22, 2016.

1. chase Win User

Windows 10 Black screen problem NOT AFTER INSTALlATION

So yesterday i went shut down my computer, however the computer hadn't shut off after a few minutes so I physically held down the power button to make sure it was off. Then later that day I turned on my PC and everything was normal, the Windows 10 logo came up, then went to a red screen with the loading animation then went to a black screen. I tried moving my mouse around i little bit and my mouse was responsive, also ctrl+P had a visual result(the side bar came up on the right side of the screen and I could see it). I left it like this for 10 minutes and there was nothing different. I did notice that every few minutes the screen will very quickly blink red. I tried rebooting a few times with no difference. I took out my graphics card, and move to the integrated graphics and nothing changed. Eventually I managed to get to the windows repair screen (by repeatedly hard-booting the computer off when the windows logo comes up. I am not proud of this) and launch in safe mode. This time however IT WORKED, i signed in and was on the desktop. I decided to restart the computer from the start menu with no result.

What is going on I am so confused?

EDIT: safe mode with networking has solves nothing. The only thing that works so far is safe-mode. Also dissembling all third party services has no effect

:)

chase, Apr 22, 2016

2. Black Screen During Windows 10 Installation

Hi Jaime,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements to install the Windows 10?

As you get black screen while you upgrade to Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to steps suggested in the section
    Black screen and not signed into Windows 10 in the below help article on how to troubleshoot the black screen problems.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 post-installation black screen

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the update.

For the black screen issue, I would suggest you to try the additional steps as suggested in the following article:

Black screen and not signed in to windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 22, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Do you have any restore points? Try restoring to a point before the problem occurred

lmaneke, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Black screen problem NOT AFTER INSTALlATION - Similar Threads - Black screen problem

2. Black Screen Problem after installing update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen Problem after installing update: Split from this thread. I have noticed the same issue using Windows updates for 22h2. The update last for an hour or more and a black screen is present. Eventually the login screen appears but after authentication it says the update is still pending. If I restart, it goes...
  3. Black Screen Problem after installing update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen Problem after installing update: Split from this thread. I have noticed the same issue using Windows updates for 22h2. The update last for an hour or more and a black screen is present. Eventually the login screen appears but after authentication it says the update is still pending. If I restart, it goes...
  4. Black screen after clean windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after clean windows 10 installation: Im installing an SSD on my dads old dell pc. But Im getting a black screen after install and restart. What should I do? Steps taken: 1.Boot to bios and change 1st boot order to usb thumb drive 2.boot from thumb drive and install windows 10 pro 3.after installation...
  5. No boot or black screen after installing windows 10

No boot or black screen after installing windows 10: Hi Again , my name is alex [15 age] i solved the last issue but after installing windows 10 on laptop its black screen or no boot i think. When i power on the laptop nothing happend, i can hear the cooler but its only black screen , i can t go to bios or something like...
  6. After installing Windows 10, screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After installing Windows 10, screen went black: After installing Windows 10 the screen of my PC went black. I can only use the Safe Mode and don’t know how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-windows-10-screen-went-black/2246d081-5477-47fe-af9e-2de8ff0cefd4
  7. Windows black screen after installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen after installing: I installed windows 10 x64 and after loading the desktop, the screen blacked out. I can only boot through safe mode and I've looked throght many forums but nothing seems to work. Please help!...
  8. Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue: Whenever I log on, I get a black screen with a cursor. I can access my files and go online through task manager but my desktop doesn't load up. This has led me to believe that maybe that part of the install went bad and those files were never made during that time. Anyone...
  9. Black screen after windows 10 install.

Black screen after windows 10 install.: My laptop Acer Aspire 5750-6831 worked perfectly for about two years with windows 7 64 bit, and after migrating to Windows 10, now presents the following problem: Only the blue LED of utility power and the fan turn on. Nothing else works even keyboard or mouse - the screen...
  10. After installing windows 10 10046 it black screens

After installing windows 10 10046 it black screens: Ayer waiting 4 hours for windows 10 to 'set up' it black screens i waited another 1 hour then shut down and start it back up again, it goes through the installation recovery repair then black screens 5113