Windows 10: Windows 10 – Black screen when games are started (World of Tanks, War

Discus and support Windows 10 – Black screen when games are started (World of Tanks, War in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 – Black screen when games are started (World of Tanks, War Thunder, World of Ships, Steam Games) (Info: my sons Computer – only have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xyz, Feb 18, 2016.

1. XYZ
    xyz Win User

Windows 10 – Black screen when games are started (World of Tanks, War

Windows 10 – Black screen when games are started (World of Tanks, War Thunder, World of Ships, Steam Games)

(Info: my sons Computer – only have internet/Skype Contact with him – don’t know Computer details)

Up until two days ago my son played all the above games on his computer without any problem.

But one day ago he started to get black screen - and probably freezing – when trying to start a game. Can only get out of this by using Power button and shutting down.

Firefox/Word.doc/Skype/and such like, work fine (that is - until a game is started)

Got him to check for virus, cleaned up computer, updated Graphic Card driver, did Windows 10 updates!

Despite doing all this, the screen still goes black and freezes when he tries to start a game (never gets game started before this happens, so unable to change any game settings)

As I said all these games worked until two days ago!

As far as I am able to tell – nothing has been changed since last successfully playing. Just shutting computer down and then starting it again next day (and when the problem started).

So I am at a loss

Does anybody know what the problem is?

thanks

PS I know there is an old thread on this subject but it does not help me at all

:)

2. Windows 10 Screen Recorder Help

It occurs with World of Tanks so far, I did not have such problems before. However, I did not test it with other games besides Extreme Landing. The screen recorder worked fine with Extreme Landings game.

And the Game Bar would refuse to open for War Thunder as well, even in windowed mode.

SkylineGT-R(R34), Feb 18, 2016
  3. DomasL Win User
    Taskbar allways on top

The issue does not occur on all games. Only on world of tanks, witcher 3 and rome 2 total war. When i play those games in fullscreen mode the text on them becomes blurry but when i switch to borderless window the text is sharp but the taskbar is showing

DomasL, Feb 18, 2016
  4. XYZ
    xyz Win User

SOLVED! had to download a software from wargaming that removed stored video settings - this solved the problem for all games!

5. Glad to hear you got it resolved.

blackroseMD1, Feb 19, 2016
  6. Help me.
    I can't play war thunder and it's killing me. I can't manage my routine without a daily fix of flying planes and driving tanks.
    I have the exact same problem as you and this is the only page that I've found that could help out. Could you please give me more detail on how you got rid of it?

poladurian, Feb 21, 2016
  7. XYZ
    xyz Win User
    https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/234#two_idhttps://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...remove.png?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171

I seemed to have copied the same thing twice but never mind.

I got my son to click on the "here" download the software and run this. After this he could play all games again.

hope it helps

8. Windows 10 – Black screen when games are started (World of Tanks, War

poladurian, Feb 22, 2016
  9. XYZ
    xyz Win User
    Sorry not sure I can help you! I have not run this WOT software myself; I just got my son to do it on his computer, which is somewhere else. It worked for him. If you have not played WOT, do not have it on your computer, it might not help you.

How about manually deleting cached files for War Thunder?

Or trying the compatibility modes?

You do not mention if this happens with other games or only with War Thunder.

I suppose another – but longer and more messy - alternative would be uninstall War Thunder – clean your computer before reinstalling.

Other suggestions have been to change the screen size (such as given in the WOT "Link" below "Here") – make smaller, then start game – but did not help us!

Thema:

1. Windows 10 – Black screen when games are started (World of Tanks, War - Similar Threads - – Black screen

2. World of tanks ntdll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World of tanks ntdll error: After starting a battle in World of Tanks the game crashes and this is the event log Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 27/09/2020 7:14:54 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic...
  3. world of tank blitz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    world of tank blitz: I have the game world of tank blitz but my in game payments are in dollars , i live in the uk and it to be in sterling how can i change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/world-of-tank-blitz/a09dd325-7e6c-4397-b666-567786b4ad4a
  4. world of tanks blitz rendering eror

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    world of tanks blitz rendering eror: fatal eror rendering eror 0x00000001 :failed to create swapchain program will terminate i have this eror. how is fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/world-of-tanks-blitz-rendering-eror/43ab7e09-e96d-45a8-a1bf-b5a19a0538d6
  5. world of tanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    world of tanks: this app doesn't want to start it always says error 0x001: failed to create swapchain...
  6. world of tank blitz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    world of tank blitz: I dont know who else to ask but I cant get in on a battle I can do everything else in my garage but win I press battle im lest in the players queue no matter what kind of battle I pick or what tank I use im left in the queue can anyone help please...
  7. World at war

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World at war: I can launch world at war on my pc but when I try to start a zombie map or even a campaign level it literally does nothing I can click on them all day long and they won't even try to start...
  8. World War 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World War 3: Looks interesting World War 3 on Steam ysgzR2jMwNE 111843
  9. World of Tanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    World of Tanks: Is there a way to invert the y axis in this game? I cant find it. 62498
  10. BSOD when playing WOT(World of Tanks)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing WOT(World of Tanks): I'm really sorry for my english, but let's start. When i try play in wot, every time i have Bsod. before i do something with my computer i can play only 2-5 min and bsod. Now i can play 10-15 min, and then bsod. (restore to factory settings, switch power to max...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. playing world of tanks crash to a black screen

2. all black tanks

3. start world of tanks and screen goes black

4. world of tanks screen started flashing,
  5. wot windows 10 blackscreen,
  6. world of tanks black screen start,
  7. All Black screen world of Tanks,
  8. world war 3 crashes monitor goes unresponsive