Windows 10: Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix

Discus and support Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone ! As i had the Black screen with cursor problem on windows 10 boot several times before , i've visited many forums and supporters that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mlika, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Mlika Win User

Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix

Hello everyone !
    As i had the Black screen with cursor problem on windows 10 boot several times before , i've visited many forums and supporters that i came up with many sollutions that one of them may definitely work for anyone experiencing this problem ...

Alright so please read any of these solutions carefully because any mistake can lead to a system corruption.

This problem can happen after a windows 10 update or just by some dangerous softwares (viruses) installed in the PC .

There are 2 types of this problem:
    (1) Black screen with cursor after login.
    (2) Black screen with cursor before login (just after the windows logo)
    Actually (1) is much easier to fix and nothing to worry about...

(1) Black screen with cursor after login
    As i said this is really a simple problem and it's really easy to fix and most likely it's the Graphic card driver...

1#Disable fast startup
    To do so Start your computer in safe mode.
    How to start your computer in safe mode?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-in-safe-mode
    Now that you started your computer in safe mode follow these steps :
    1) Press the windows key.
    2) Search for Control Panel.
    Attachment 192828
    3) Go to Power Options.

Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix [​IMG]

4) Click Choose what the power button does.

5) Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.

6) Under “Shutdown settings”, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) then click Save changes.

2#Disable integrated graphics card

1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard.
    2) Then click Task Manager.
    3) Press File > Run new task.
    3) Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.

4) Press Display Driver

5) Right Click on your Graphic card and Unistall

PS : In case you didn't find your graphic card installed try installing it from CD . If you don't have the CD try locating the driver setup from the installation folder.If you still don't have the driver setup , try switching the VGA cable to the Primal Graphic card source (that one that came with the pc).

Actually some guys are unable to open Task Manager , if that happens to you just try booting in safe mode and unistall your graphic card driver from there ...

Now before going to the second type of the problem ,Please if any of these tips didn't work for you , be free to message me or post on replies what's your problem...

(2) Black screen with cursor before login
    In this case, you may really have a system problem which may require a system reset at some point..

This problem can happen after a windows 10 update , if that's your case you're lucky you found this post . Just follow my steps...
    1#Use Windows Key + P shortcut to switch displays
    when you get to the Black screen with cursor screen , try pressing Windows Key + P and press up or down arrow key a few times and press Enter.
    If that doesn't work from the first try , don't worry that's perfectly normal just keep repeating the step again and again till it works (it usually takes 7 to 15 tries for me) ...
    Now let's consider that worked for you , your problem is not really fixed yet it'll be back after a computer restart... So what to do ?
    1) Go to Control Panel and press Programs and Features

2) Press view installed updates

3) Locate the recent Windows 10 updates and unistall them.

Now if that didn't work, try a system restore.
    2# System restore
    1) Try to start your PC and shutting it down when the windows logo appears three times to trigger automatic repair on Windows 10.
    2) Click on Advanced Startup.
    3) Click on Troubleshoot.
    4) Click on Advanced options.
    5) Click on System Restore.

6) Click Next

7) Select the most recent known working restore point that will help you to fix the current problem.
    8) Click the Scan for affected programs button to see the applications that will be removed if they're installed after the restore point was created.
    9) Click Close.
    10) Click Next.
    11) Click Finish.

PS:Sometimes a system restore doesn't work and that means the problem is even bigger

3#The Command Prompt Option
    This is the most dangerous step and any mistake can cause a worse problems , please read the following carefully.

Try creating a Windows installation media . How to do that ?
    Download the tool from this website Download Windows 10
    and follow the steps given in there ...
    Now that you created the Windows installation media either on a USB or a CD, this an article that perfectly explains how to boot from a usb drive or cd How to Boot From a USB Device (Flash Drive or Ext HDD) ...
    Now let's consider that everything is alright and you got to this screen

1) Don't press Next, Click on repair now option.
    2) Click on Troubleshoot.
    3) Click on Advanced Options.

4) Before going to the Command Prompt , click on Startup Repair and windows will try to repair things automatically . If that doesn't work follow the steps below carefully.

5) if Step 4 didn't work , go to the Command Promt option.
    6)When your device starts in Command Prompt, it’ll start on X:\Windows\System32 or X:\Source. Now you need to move to the drive letter where Windows is installed. While the operating system is installed on C:\, when you boot your computer on recovery mode, this drive letter changes to something else. However, in most cases the drive letter is D:\. Type the following command to enter into the correct drive where Windows is installed and press Enter:
    D:\
    7)Type the following command to verify you’re in the correct drive and press Enter:
    dir

If you see the Windows folder, you’re in the correct drive letter, if not, go back to step 6 and try another letter.
    8)Type the following command to enter into the System32 folder and press Enter:
    cd D:\Windows\System32\Config

9) Now you need to create a backup folder if anything goes wrong ...
    To do so , type the following command
    mkdir configBak
    10)Type the following command to create a temporary backup of the files in the config folder, and press Enter:
    Copy config configBak
    11)Type the following command to move inside the RegBack, which contains a backup of the Registry, and press Enter:
    cd config\RegBack
    12)Type the following command to verify the content of the RegBack folder and press Enter:
    dir

Here,the size of the files (SYSTEM, SOFTWARE, SAM, SECURITY, DEFAULT) should be similar to the ones you see in the screenshot, if any of the files shows 0 , DO NOT CONTINUE THIS STEP and try another solution cause this gonna make the INFINITE BOOT problem which need a computer full reset.
    13)Type the following command to copy the files from the RegBack folder to the config folder and press Enter and Y on every question to confirm:
    Copy * ..\*

14) Close the Command Prompt , and restart your PC.

If that step didn't work , you may need to reset your PC,but don't worry you can reset your PC with the keep files option so that you don't lose any of your Pictures or folders.
    4#PC Reset
    Now Try to do this without the Windows installation Media
    1) Start your PC and shut it down when the windows logo appears three times to trigger automatic repair on Windows 10.
    2) Click on Advanced Startup.
    3) Click on Troubleshoot.
    4) Click on Reset this PC.
    5)Choose if you want to keep your files (recommended) or remove everything.

6)Then follow the steps and your PC will be reset.
    Note:After a PC reset , your driver may get deleted as this option deletes every program that didn't come with the PC and you may exprience a black screen with cursor after login so in that case please go back to the first tpe of the problem and try installing the Graphic Card Driver.

5#Clean Install of Windows 10
    If any of the solutions above didn't help , just try a clean install of windows using the media creation tool.
    This site is gonna explain to you how to do that :
    How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10 the Easy Way

That's it guys *Smile, these are almost all the possible solutions for the Black screen with cursor problem.Please if anyone got another solutions post it on replies.Also if anyone didn't unnderstand or got some problems trying a solution , message me on private or post it on replies so some guys may help you.
    Thanks *Wink

:)

Mlika, Jun 19, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix

Hybrid_theory, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix

1. Windows 10 Black screen with cursor Ultra Fix - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen With Cursor In Windows 10: When i turn on the computer and Login. After Startup i have a Black Screen with CursorI Restarted and when is restarted and i logged in it Was a black screen of cursorSo i restarted to safe mode and open Task Manager, Settings And File ExplorerAnd i restarted the computer and...
  3. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  4. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  5. Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: I recently bought a hp 6000 mini tower, and after plugging it in and getting it to boot up, I was met with a black screen and only the cursor. I tried using the turn off and on again 3 time to get into the menu, which was successful, but when I tried to put it into safe mode,...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor: When I finished a new update for windows 10, my screen was black and the only thing that worked was moving the cursor. I tried using shortcuts to boot device manager, safe mode, reset the pcOmen doesn’t let it complete, and tried hard resetting. Any help would be much...
  7. Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't fix Windows 10 with black screen and cursor: Hello everyone. Recently when i start up my Computer which i am running Windows 10 on i get a black screen with a cursor, i have tried every troubleshooting option and even going into safe-mode to fix the problem but nothing has worked. How do i fix this problem?...
  8. Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor

Windows 10 with Black screen and cursor: Hi! I have a problem with my computer when I boot it I get a black screen with only my cursor displaying. I can tried everything, and came to a solution. I have to go to my monitor settings and set it to DP instead of the HDMI. I think the problem is my computer is...
  9. Fix Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users of Windows 10 are experiencing a Black Screen with the cursor after they’ve logged in. What’s interesting about this problem, is the fact that while some users can only gain access to the Task Manager, others do not [...] This post Fix Windows 10...
  10. BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10

BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR IN WINDOWS 10: DEAR TEAM, WE ARE HATING WITH THIS PROBLEM, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT STILL CURSOR IS THERE ON BLACK SCREEN, I HAVE DONE RESET / FACTORY RESET ....ETC .....TASK MANAGER ALSO NOT OPEN, SECOND MONITOR ALSO NOT WORK..... I HAVE CHECK ALL BUT WINDOWS IS VERY BAD. SHAME ON...