Windows 10: Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

Discus and support Windows 10 black screening after being left idle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but whenever my PC is left idle for more than 8 or so hours, it will randomly black screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fedupwith10, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but whenever my PC is left idle for more than 8 or so hours, it will randomly black screen with no cursor. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing, CTRL Shift ESC does nothing and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my computer. It is happening on almost a daily basis now and I really want to try and fix the issue before resorting to a fresh install of windows.

It seemed for a while like a explorer.exe failure, and when the task bar and windows icon become unresponsive, if I kill explorer, I can occasionally make it black screen. I have tried almost every explorer crash fix I could find and it is still happening with the same frequency. I have tried sfc /scannow, I've tried the registry hacks to delete explorer from Image File Executable Options, I've updated drivers and nothing has prevented or altered the consistency of black screens.

:)

fedupwith10, Dec 12, 2015

2. Microsoft Windows 10

I have set-up a screen saver on my Lenovo computer, Windows 10. I chose Ribbons. I set the screen saver to come on after 4 minutes of sitting idle. My problem: the Ribbons will come on after 4 minutes of being idle. However, the screen saver will only
    be on a short time, then my screen goes black. Is this typical? I suppose it all serves as a screen saver. Thank you for any advice. This is my first time on Microsoft Community.

DavidSmithLee, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 restarts after idle

Yesterday (April 13th, 2016) after getting the most recent windows 10 updates I noticed an issue

Sometimes, after the screen would go black after being idle for a minute or two (not quite asleep yet, the computer should still be running, and the screen should jump right back to life where I left off after moving the cursor) it would instead turn the
    screen on, but the screen would be entirely black for a minute, and the pc would restart itself.

This issue happened once yesterday a few hours after the updates were installed, and once again today.

The system is an Asus x555UB-NH51 laptop running windows 10 (ver. 1511, build 10586.218)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt_Hatter, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

1. Windows 10 black screening after being left idle - Similar Threads - black screening being

2. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  3. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  4. PC freezes after being left idle for a few hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes after being left idle for a few hours: Hi all, my computer has been 'freezing' after bring left idle ever since i updated to Windows Version 20H2. Actually it might not even be the update but I'm not quite sure what is the issue here also : Here's what happened: - Left computer on overnight, with google...
  5. PC freezes after being left idle

PC freezes after being left idle: Hey there, I have been having problems with my pc freezing after like 5 minutes or so when being left idle. I observed that when this happens the internet connection drops and completely locks up. When hard resetting, I have to change the mac address of my internet in order...
  6. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle overnight

Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle overnight: I basically have the same problem as many others on this forum. The odd thing about my PC is each day when I come home from work and click on something browser left open overnight it takes sometimes minutes to react - if I'm very patient, and keep browsing, eventually it...
  7. black screen after idle

black screen after idle: i have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx 64bit with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-855OU CPU @ 1.80GHZ 1.99 processor. This was purchased in Nov, 2017. i noticed i started to have a hard time 'waking' my laptop up in the mornings as time went by. I decided to customize the...
  8. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube videos not playing after being left idle: So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will show that the video is loading, but it wont play even if it says it is. I can't reinstall windows because I am dualbooting...
  9. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Youtube videos not playing after being left idle: So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will show that the video is loading, but it wont play even if it says it is. I can't reinstall windows because I am dualbooting...
  10. Black screen with cursor after being left not used

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor after being left not used: Hi, I keep getting a black screen with cursor appear on my laptop after I leave it alone for a while (not being used). I have read many forums with similar problems but after login or at boot, for me it just happens randomly when im not using it. I have windows 10 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 black screen when left idle