Windows 10: Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar)

Discus and support Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there! I have Windows 10 (64-bit) with last updates. Everything worked well, but once I noticed that shortcut «WIN + S» (start search)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SmokeRom, Jan 3, 2017.

1. SmokeRom Win User

Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar)

Hello there!
    I have Windows 10 (64-bit) with last updates.

Everything worked well, but once I noticed that shortcut «WIN + S» (start search) doesn't work ;(
    Then, i try to remove some pinned items from explorer (on taksbar), but get blank context menu ;(((
    Screenshot → LINK#1 and LINK#2

What i do?

1. Followed these instructions → Windows 10 Blank Taskbar Menu Fix - YouTube DOESN'T WORK

2. SFC in CMD (Administrator) DOESN'T WORK

sfc /scannow

And get this message:

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

3. Start Windows in Safe mode. IT'S NOT FIX

In Safe mode → all works fine.

Maybe, someone, know how to fix this issue?

Sorry, for bad english.

:)

SmokeRom, Jan 3, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 3, 2017
  3. Blank context menu on pinned items

Run the Start menu troubleshooter:

http://aka.ms/diag_StartMenu

If that does not work:

Press Windows key + X

Click Task Manager

Select the Processes tab

Scroll down to Windows Explorer then select it

Click Restart

If that does not work:

uninstall your display driver:

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Display adapters

Right click the current display adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Jan 3, 2017
  4. SmokeRom Win User

Executed this command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Get this message:
    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.

Still doesn't work ;(

SmokeRom, Jan 4, 2017
  5. SmokeRom Win User
    System Restore Point — fix this.

SmokeRom, Jan 4, 2017
  6. AsadP Win User
    Bump.

Sorry to revive an old thread, stops me making a new one.

I have this same issue with both a work laptop and my home PC.

Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar) [​IMG]

Done an SFC.
    PowerShell temporarily fixes until it comes back.
    Disabled all third party context menu apps.
    New profile created.

Nothing will fix it permanently.

I do not want to system restore or rollback because it ends up coming back?

AsadP, May 22, 2017
  7. qski Win User
    Did you guys fixed this? I got the same and I can't fix it...

8. AsadP Win User

Nothing as of yet unfortunately

AsadP, Jun 18, 2017
  9. SC9
    Sc9 Win User
    I also have this problem.

10. SmokeRom Win User
Thema:

1. Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar) - Similar Threads - blank context menu

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Item Context Menu Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Item Context Menu Icon Missing: I am trying to find a way to fix broken icons in the right-click context menu of various items in the Windows 11 taskbar.Affected items are:Windows TerminalNotepadMicrosoft To Do icon has sporadically come and goneTroubleshooting steps taken so far:unpin/repin affected...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar Item Context Menu Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Item Context Menu Icon Missing: I am trying to find a way to fix broken icons in the right-click context menu of various items in the Windows 11 taskbar.Affected items are:Windows TerminalNotepadMicrosoft To Do icon has sporadically come and goneTroubleshooting steps taken so far:unpin/repin affected...
  4. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  5. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  6. Menu Items Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Menu Items Blank: I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon with my PC. On booting into Windows 10 if I select the hidden icon menu in my task bar the menu opens but the icons are not visible. Also any menu item I open is transparent and blank as an example on closing Adobe Lightroom you...
  7. Blank space in Windows 10 context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank space in Windows 10 context menu: Hi, I have blank space in the context menus and would like to get rid of it but I don't know how to proceed. Can you please help me? Thank you. Cheers 142077
  8. Arranging Context Menu Items.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arranging Context Menu Items.: I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's...
  9. Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Pin to Taskbar Context Menu in Windows 10 By default, users can right click or press and hold on an application, and click/tap on Pin to taskbar or Unpin from taskbar to pin or unpin...
  10. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing: So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 remove blank items on taskbar with regedit

2. windows 10 blank items in task bar