Windows 10: windows 10 blocking Google

Discus and support windows 10 blocking Google in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife uses Gmail (as do I) and as of last night she could no longer access her email account. Today it seems that most of the web is blocked. I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by franko1497, Nov 9, 2016.

1. windows 10 blocking Google

My wife uses Gmail (as do I) and as of last night she could no longer access her email account. Today it seems that most of the web is blocked. I've checked Zone Alarm firewall and app settings. I can ping gmail.com, microsoft.com and other domains, but cannot access web pages. Web pages seem to freeze as soon as the page calls a Google file - analytics, fonts mainly.

Is Microsoft deliberately blocking Google sites? Or is Google blocking Windows 10 users? Either way, it needs to be resolved. I'm not affected because I use a Mac and can access everything, so my internet connection/network is fine.

Does anybody have any knowledge/suggestions/help to give?

Yours in anticipation

:)

franko1497, Nov 9, 2016

2. google chrome is blocked by microsoft

It is not natively blocked by Microsoft Windows 10 - so - what did you do in order to block it and what did you utilize to do so and/or what makes you believe Windows 10 is blocking "Google Chrome" in any manner?

Shenan Stanley, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 9, 2016
  4. maarkr Win User

windows 10 blocking Google

I also have many more probs than I used to using the internet. DNS errors, NO INTERNET errors... sometimes clearing the recent Chrome cache helps. Not necessarily Google alone though.

maarkr, Nov 9, 2016
  5. Uninstall your ZoneAlarm firewall and test it again, because I'm on Windows 10 latest version and I able to access Google and other Google services with no problem.

RubberDucky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 blocking Google

1. windows 10 blocking Google - Similar Threads - blocking Google

2. I'm trying block google chrome for my children, but it is not showing up in their activity.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm trying block google chrome for my children, but it is not showing up in their activity.: I have opened chrome on 2 computers under this child's profile, and it is not showing up. Is there a lag. Has google manipulated the code to avoid this? Does it only work on apps installed through the Microsoft store? Please advise. On another note can I copy the...
  3. Google denies blocking its app Meet on Chromium-based Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Google denies blocking its app Meet on Chromium-based Microsoft Edge: Google’s Chrome web browser has established a strong market dominance over other web browser and more and more developers are optimizing their websites for Chrome. Microsoft recently switched Edge’s backend to Chromium and many hoped this could improve overall compatibility...
  4. Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google chrome blocked after windows 10 (April 2019) updates: I have spent 8 hours trying to fix this, that's a full days work (without breaks.) and I am *issed off. I am using windows 10 pro, it shows as updated with KB4480056, KB4493509, but last night there seemed to be at least 30 installing and it shut down restarted many times....
  5. Google Chrome Still Opening On Child's Account Despite Blocked Status

Google Chrome Still Opening On Child's Account Despite Blocked Status: Hi All, As the title suggests, I am having difficulty with parental controls and Google Chrome. Specifically, I have a child's account with several restricted apps. When I navigate to restricted apps on the child's profile, Google Chrome displays as restricted, but can...
  6. Antimalware Service Executable is blocking access to Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable is blocking access to Google Chrome: So I started up my computer today only to find that whenever I tried to open Google Chrome it would instantly close. I found it strange since it worked just fine yesterday, so I checked my task manager to find out the problem. As it turns out, whenever I open Google Chrome...
  7. Windows 10 update 2/20/19 blocking all google websites (youtube,gmail,etc)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update 2/20/19 blocking all google websites (youtube,gmail,etc): Hello, Since the last update I can no longer access google websites (YouTube,Gmail,etc), I was able to access them before the update and now it they show as "This site is not secure" with an error code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID Every other website works just fine....
  8. Google chrome blocked after r account removed

Google chrome blocked after r account removed: I had removed my son from the family as was still showing as child account. He is now 20 years old and away at uni with his own lap top which has been working fine until now. As soon as child account removed he is now being asked to get permission from an adult to open...
  9. After blocking standard users from accessing all disks and running Google Chrome only, I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After blocking standard users from accessing all disks and running Google Chrome only, I...: I have prevented standard users from accessing all the disks and programs except Google Chrome, and after logging in with an administrator account I found that the controls apply to it also, I have a big problem and I do not want to reinstall Windows...
  10. Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads: Last year, after hearing from Chrome users, we launched a set of user protections against “abusive experiences” -- experiences designed to intentionally mislead and trick users into taking action on the web. These protections blocked pop-ups and new window requests from sites...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could windows 10 be blocking access to my gmail