Windows 10: windows 10 blocking Google

Discus and support windows 10 blocking Google in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife uses Gmail (as do I) and as of last night she could no longer access her email account. Today it seems that most of the web is blocked. I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by franko1497, Nov 9, 2016.

1. windows 10 blocking Google

My wife uses Gmail (as do I) and as of last night she could no longer access her email account. Today it seems that most of the web is blocked. I've checked Zone Alarm firewall and app settings. I can ping gmail.com, microsoft.com and other domains, but cannot access web pages. Web pages seem to freeze as soon as the page calls a Google file - analytics, fonts mainly.

Is Microsoft deliberately blocking Google sites? Or is Google blocking Windows 10 users? Either way, it needs to be resolved. I'm not affected because I use a Mac and can access everything, so my internet connection/network is fine.

Does anybody have any knowledge/suggestions/help to give?

Yours in anticipation

:)

franko1497, Nov 9, 2016

2. google chrome is blocked by microsoft

It is not natively blocked by Microsoft Windows 10 - so - what did you do in order to block it and what did you utilize to do so and/or what makes you believe Windows 10 is blocking "Google Chrome" in any manner?

Shenan Stanley, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 9, 2016
  4. maarkr Win User

windows 10 blocking Google

I also have many more probs than I used to using the internet. DNS errors, NO INTERNET errors... sometimes clearing the recent Chrome cache helps. Not necessarily Google alone though.

maarkr, Nov 9, 2016
  5. Uninstall your ZoneAlarm firewall and test it again, because I'm on Windows 10 latest version and I able to access Google and other Google services with no problem.

RubberDucky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 blocking Google

1. windows 10 blocking Google - Similar Threads - blocking Google

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  4. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?: HelloI am trying to download an app .exe file from google, but a window pops up saying that it´s not an app that has been confirmed by Microsoft. There´s a button to go download apps from Microsoft Store and a button to change the recommended app settings, but when I click...
  6. Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?: HelloI am trying to download an app .exe file from google, but a window pops up saying that it´s not an app that has been confirmed by Microsoft. There´s a button to go download apps from Microsoft Store and a button to change the recommended app settings, but when I click...
  7. Why does Microsoft block me from downloading an app from google?

8. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  9. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?: I do not use Edge or Bing and after a recent invasive update from the former, I cannot open Google Chrome. Chrome flashes on and then immediately closes down. Is Microsoft blocking its use? I need to get Chrome back, I've tried removing and re-installing, to no avail. I need...
  10. Is Microsoft blocking Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could windows 10 be blocking access to my gmail