Windows 10: Windows 10 Blue Screen - Microsoft Storage Port Driver

Discus and support Windows 10 Blue Screen - Microsoft Storage Port Driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please help I've had ten (10) Blue Screen crashes since late July related to Microsoft Storage Port Driver. It all started after a technician... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesMcEllis, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Blue Screen - Microsoft Storage Port Driver

Please help

I've had ten (10) Blue Screen crashes since late July related to Microsoft Storage Port Driver. It all started after a technician installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 PCIe 2TB SSD. He did a fresh install of Windows 10, then copied my backup from Carbonite.

I've tried everything, hardware scans, memory scans, driver updates, and resetting my PC. Here is the latest blue screen error message.

Blue Screen Error - Sept. 2, 2018 12:22:11PM
    Bug check code
    0x0000000a
    Bug check parameters

0xffff870000000000
    0x0000000000000002,

0x00000000000000000,

0xfffff8015e2fea00

Device name

Microsoft Storage Port Driver
    Driver version
    10.0.17134.137 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Driver path

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\storport.sys

Based on reading another thread, I see it may be related to my chipset.

I did a minidump and saved my system information to onedrive. Let me know where to send the link for analysis.

:)

JamesMcEllis, Sep 3, 2018

2. Windows 10 Blue Screen - Microsoft Storage Port Driver

Please help

I've had ten (10) Blue Screen crashes since late July related to Microsoft Storage Port Driver. It all started after a technician installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 PCIe 2TB SSD. He did a fresh install of Windows 10, then copied my backup from Carbonite.

I've tried everything, hardware scans, memory scans, driver updates, and resetting my PC. Here is the latest blue screen error message.

Blue Screen Error - Sept. 2, 2018 12:22:11PM

Bug check code
    0x0000000a

Bug check parameters

0xffff870000000000

0x0000000000000002,

0x00000000000000000,

0xfffff8015e2fea00

Device name

Microsoft Storage Port Driver

Driver version
    10.0.17134.137 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

Driver path

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\storport.sys

Based on reading another thread, I see it may be related to my chipset.

I did a minidump and saved my system information to onedrive. Let me know where to send the link for analysis.

JamesMcEllis, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Blue Screen - Microsoft Storage Port Driver

USB ports fail, then blue screen of death on three Windows 10 computers -- Can this be fixed or is this caused by a virus?

Hi Grace,

It's possible that certain drivers, such as USB and other device drivers are causing blue screen errors on your PC. Another factor is due to a conflicting third-party software. Now, before we get into the solution, were you able to boot your computer normally
    or can it boot to the desktop screen? If yes, then we suggest that you run the
    Hardware diagnostic tool
    on your PC. Just type troubleshooter on the
    Search box, press Enter, then look for
    Hardware and Devices
    , and click Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter didn't resolve the port issue, then might as well you update the USB driver, and the BIOS firmware of your computer.

In addition to that, if you're still getting a blue/black screen error after performing the recommended steps, then we suggest that refer to the troubleshooting steps from these articles:

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Blue Screen - Microsoft Storage Port Driver

1. Windows 10 Blue Screen - Microsoft Storage Port Driver - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Microsoft

2. Windows Blue Screen "NDIS DRIVER"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Blue Screen "NDIS DRIVER": Hello Windows Community,I have been having many issues with my laptop, about 2 years of age, and have not been able to find a solution thus far. I've looked for the answer in these feeds and even talked to an employee over the texts, but no solution.The issue is blue screen...
  3. Windows 10 Blue Yeti Device Manager no driver, port reset failed

Windows 10 Blue Yeti Device Manager no driver, port reset failed: I attempted to update my Blue Yeti Blackout mic using Blue's program Blue Sherpa. After doing so, I unplugged the mic and plugged it back in. However, when I check Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers, the Blue Yeti is now listed as Unknown USB Device Port...
  4. Blue screen Driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen Driver: Hey I have a problem with my computer when I start it I have a blue scree which says to me "driver verifier detected violation" and I can not even go on my session I followed a lot of forums but I do not can't do it. I came back to backups I went to "check" I did everything...
  5. Win 10 blue screen + driver verifier blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 blue screen + driver verifier blue screen: Hello. I've started experience crashes to blue screen on my Win 10 machine. PC is brand new and a lot of new drivers were installed at once. After third crash in a day I've used driver verifier tool as it's suggested here...
  6. Win 10 x64 BSOD: Microsoft Storage Port Driver

Win 10 x64 BSOD: Microsoft Storage Port Driver: Looking for help: I keep getting an intermittent BSOD for the past few weeks. Unfortunately I cannot tie it to something directly. I've had to send in my laptop for warranty issues: specifically my graphic / processor performance drops from time to time. Probably in that...
  7. Storage Port Driver - after Installing SSD

Storage Port Driver - after Installing SSD: Hello, this issue was already posted on Microsoft forums, but I found no solution. After installing 1 month ago a new SSD, my Windows keeps showing a blue screen, see dump file. The SSD works fine, quicly but makes my laptop behave weirdly....
  8. Microsoft Storage Port Driver - Blue screen

Microsoft Storage Port Driver - Blue screen: Can somebody help - blue screen issue After installing Kingston A1000 Ssd on Dell 5480 https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoQ-kVhWaqufgZgJ2BWbEj_MDLnCrA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-storage-port-driver-blue-screen/3d8c7372-6c47-44c7-8007-0ff869f767b8
  9. Blue Screen caused by Microsoft Storage Port Driver

Blue Screen caused by Microsoft Storage Port Driver: Please help I've had many (more than 10) Blue Screen crashes since begining of December related to Microsoft Storage Port Driver since begining of December. It all started after fresh install of Windows 10 caused by the OS crash (the pc was unable to boot). I've tried...
  10. Microsoft Driver Serial Port Driver 10.0.17134.1 works in Windows 10 Home but not in...

Microsoft Driver Serial Port Driver 10.0.17134.1 works in Windows 10 Home but not in...: I have a serial device that when connected to a Windows 10 Home version with the Microsoft driver 10.0.17134.1 works fine but when connected to a Windows 10 Pro version with the same Microsoft driver does not work. Same Microsoft driver displays in Device Manager on both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft storage port driver blue screen

2. microsoft storage port driver

3. Microsoft Storage Port Driver

4. Device Parameters\StorPort\ windows10,
  5. samsung 970 evo bsod storport.sys,
  6. storage port driver bluescreen,
  7. disabilitare microsoft storage port driver,
  8. microsoft storage port driver - blue screen microsoft,
  9. microsoft storage port driver 10.0.17134.376,
  10. storage port driver causing bsod,
  11. microsoft storage port driver bsod