Windows 10: Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"

Discus and support Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Describing the problem: As the subject of this post briefly describes, I got the BSOD with the error code "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tom F_323, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Tom F_323 Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"

Hi all,

Describing the problem:

As the subject of this post briefly describes, I got the BSOD with the error code "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO".

Product Info:

Microsoft Windows 10 latest version 1803

What I was doing prior to BSOD:

I was trying to download some software for a university project and this software required the latest version of Java. I promptly started to download the latest version of Java and during my installation, the Java installer prompted me that I had "three outdated versions of Java" and that it would delete those outdated instances of Java and install the latest version. The next screen to pop up was the un-installer screen that started uninstalling 1 of 3 instances of outdated Java. The first one was quickly uninstalled and the next screen popped up stating "uninstalling 2 of 3" instance of outdated Java. This one was taking around 30 minutes and so I decided to exit out of the installer and try again. Except I couldnt get the installer to come back up. To remedy this, I opened my task manager (ctrl-alt-delete) and "end tasked" all of my Java processes. I restarted my computer and it came up with the BSOD and then restarted, giving me the microsoft logo and some text saying "Diagnosing your PC" screen. After a few seconds, the text went to "Attempting Repairs". This text has been on my screen for about 3 hours.

I don't think I "end tasked" anything else in my task manager (referring to Microsoft processes).

This happened a few days ago and I've been trying to research troubleshooting options, but can't seem to find anything with my exact problem.

Important Notes:

1) The only thing I can access is my BIOS.

2) I have a windows 8 installer disk (from 2014 when I installed windows on my PC), but can probably get my hands on a windows 10 install disk.

Any help/advice is much appreciated?

Kind Regards,

Tom

:)

Tom F_323, Sep 4, 2018

2. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 7, 2018
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

Please post a link to the dump file/s. "How to" instructions below.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

XP ROCKS., Sep 7, 2018
  4. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" [​IMG]

iuppiter, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" - Similar Threads - Blue Screen Death

2. bad_system_config_info blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad_system_config_info blue screen of death: Hi,This incident happened to me about a week ago when I used my Asus Laptop, a blue screen of death appeared with a stop error code blue_system_config_info. I cannot unlock my Bitlocker encrypted drive even I typed the correct recovery key. I tried system restore and some...
  3. bad_system_config_info blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bad_system_config_info blue screen of death: Hi,This incident happened to me about a week ago when I used my Asus Laptop, a blue screen of death appeared with a stop error code blue_system_config_info. I cannot unlock my Bitlocker encrypted drive even I typed the correct recovery key. I tried system restore and some...
  4. Blue Screen of Death BSoD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death BSoD in Windows 10: Hi Techies, I'm using Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H1, OS build: 19043.1466, Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. My computer started to BSoD all of a sudden when I was using it. The same thing keeps happening a few more times. What could possibly be the...
  5. Blue Screen of Death BSoD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death BSoD in Windows 10: Hi Techies, I'm using Windows 10 Pro Version: 21H1, OS build: 19043.1466, Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. My computer started to BSoD all of a sudden when I was using it. The same thing keeps happening a few more times. What could possibly be the...
  6. Blue Screen of Death BSoD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Blue Screen: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Hi all, I am in search of help due to a blue screen I recently got on my windows 10 machine. I thought here would be a good place to start looking. Recently I've had some issues with my PC randomly shutting off or restarting etc but today it went to a grey screen and...
  8. Blue Screen (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO): Auto repair could not repair it as well. This started to happen perhaps 2-3days ago. I shut my computer down and when I tried turning it on it goes to a blue screen and then auto repairs tries to fix it twice. After a while it will say it can't fix it and gives me the option...
  9. Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD

Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD: Hey guys! Very helpful forum, been reading a lot. tl;dr - My Hard drive letters changed over the course of the night and now my computer can't boot the OS properly. So let me start by saying i had issues with Windows 10 since day 1, i made a previous post detailing this...
  10. Windows 10 blue screen BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Windows 10 blue screen BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Attachment 26852 Upgraded to Windows 10, getting blue screen error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Decided to upgrade my Dell laptop to Windows 10, was running 7 on it. The install process seemed to go smoothly up until I had to login for the first time. PC would crash every...