Windows 10: Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail

Discus and support Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows can not start after update, here is SrtTrail.txt After Win10 was updated automatically at shutdown, it cannot start back, the Windows logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GANAPATHYMURUGA, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail

Windows can not start after update, here is SrtTrail.txt
    After Win10 was updated automatically at shutdown, it cannot start back, the Windows logo gets stuck at screen without spinning dots, there is no HDD activity for half an hour. After computer is turned off forcibly sometimes and turned on again, the display shows 'preparing automatic repair' and 'diagnosing your PC', the result is 'automatic repair couldn't repair your PC' and give a log file, C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. Here I attach the file: SrtTrail.txt

The file contains error code = 0x32 in the section "Disk metadata test". I don't know what this means.

Safe mode is also stuck at the same Windows logo without spinning dots. I can only access the HDD through Advanced options => Command prompt (this is not safe mode) to open the SrtTrail.txt.

DISM REMOVE PACKAGE worked once and was able to login but after disabling automatic update, restart won't work.

Now I can't do dism anymore. Any help is much appreciated.

:)

GANAPATHYMURUGA, Feb 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 Operating System version is incompatible with Startup repair.

Same issue here! A few weeks after installing 10, blue screens.

On reboot, Repair fails.

SrtTrail. txt. shows "The operating system version is incompatible with Startup Repair".

Hard drive and memory tests all check out so it's not a hardware issue. Please help MS.

mjensen007, Feb 9, 2018
  3. Srttrail error windows 10

Hello,

Apology for the delay in response.

Let us know few things to help you in this regard.

What are all the issues you're facing with Windows 10?

What error message you're getting when you try to do Start Startup Repair?

Keep posted with more information to help.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail

Hi GANAPATHYMURUGA

You computer is not getting the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) error, as the one shown below posted image.

Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail [​IMG]

Please open the Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following command will fixes errors on the disk and locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

Code: Chkdsk D: /r[/quote]

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

After first command finish executing type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

The following command scans integrity of all protected Windows system files and repairs files with problems when possible.

Code: Sfc /Scannow /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ /OFFWINDIR=D:\Windows[/quote]

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Restart your computer to see if Windows boots normally.

FreeBooter, Feb 9, 2018
  5. I ran the first command fine. The sfc I am not able to. I get the message' there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and try sfc again'. Can you please advise. Thanks for your help.

GANAPATHYMURUGA, Feb 10, 2018
  6. Also, there is a security update with 'install pending' in dism get packages

7. From Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please execute below command and reboot your computer to see issue resolves.

Code: mkdir C:\scratch DISM /Image:C:\ /Cleanup-Image /RevertPendingActions /ScratchDir:C:\Scratch[/quote]
    Please replace all of the partition letter C: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

FreeBooter, Feb 10, 2018
  8. Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail

I got the error 0x8000ffff see dism.log for more information

9. Windows Vista/ 7/8/8.1/10 keep a regular backup of the registry handy in case you need to overwrite a corrupted registry. By default, the RegIdleBackup task runs every 10 days, so that’s as far back as you would lose if you replaced the current registry with the automatically backed-up files. You can find the backed-up registry files in \Windows\System32\config\RegBack folder.

Please boot your computer into Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Code: Dir C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack[/quote]
    Above command will list files stored within RegBack folder and there file size, make sure files are not zero size if they are do not follow below instructions.

Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail [​IMG]

Please replace partition letter C: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please type below commands into Command Prompt and for each command you have typed press Enter key.

Code: Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SAM SAM.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.BAK Ren C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.BAK Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\windows\system32\config Copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\windows\system32\config[/quote]
    This procedure assumes that Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 is installed to the C:\ partition. Make sure to replace C:\ drive letter to the appropriate Windows OS installed partition drive letter if it is a different location.

Above commands renames the registry files at their existing location, and then copies the registry files from the RegBack folder to the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder.

FreeBooter, Feb 10, 2018
  10. Still no luck ☹️

11. Uninstall last installed and pending Windows updates offline using Dism command.

From Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Displays information about all packages that are installed by executing below command.

Code: Dism /image:C:\ /Get-Packages[/quote] Found all Windows updates which you can identify by there KB number and take note of the Package Identity entry update (Package) name you want to uninstall. Also take not of the installation date of the update you want to uninstall.

For example execute following command to uninstall the KB4053577 update:

Code: dism /image:C:\ /Remove-Package /PackageNameWindows 10 blue screen.. srttrail :package_for_KB4053577~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.0[/quote]
    Please replace partition letter C: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

FreeBooter, Feb 10, 2018
  12. I am getting DISM error. Dism.log says 'failed to unload offline registry'

GANAPATHYMURUGA, Feb 12, 2018
  13. Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail

If you can execute these commands from Windows Installation DVD/USB, if you don't have one you can create one using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. You will need another working Windows installed computer to create Windows Installation DVD/USB.

Also i need you to post screenshot of the commands outputs if you can.

FreeBooter, Feb 12, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    Please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.
    If there are any problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.

1) open the windows advanced troubleshooting menu
    2) click on command prompt > Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources:>
    3) type: bcdedit /enum
    4) type: bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice"
    5) type: C:
    6) type: dir
    7) type: D:
    8) type: dir
    9) type: X:
    10) type: diskpark
    11) type: list disk
    12) type: select disk 0
    13) type: list volume
    14) type: list partition
    15) type: exit

16) type: bootrec /fixmbr
    17) type: bootrec /fixboot
    18) type: bootrec /scanos
    19) type: bootrec /rebuildbcd
    20) type: exit
    21) reboot

The above results will be used for additional commands to fix the boot, operating system, registry, or file system.
    Please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images of each command and the results into the thread

zbook, Feb 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail

1. Windows 10 blue screen.. srttrail - Similar Threads - blue screen srttrail

2. windows/Logfiles System32 Srt srttrail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows/Logfiles System32 Srt srttrail.: The computer when it's resetting says if I call someone the stop code is unavailable boot device, but I don't know what other info is relevant but if more info is required I will give that info...
  3. windows/Logfiles System32 Srt srttrail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows/Logfiles System32 Srt srttrail.: The computer when it's resetting says if I call someone the stop code is unavailable boot device, but I don't know what other info is relevant but if more info is required I will give that info...
  4. windows/Logfiles System32 Srt srttrail.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Srttrail error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrail error: Initially I had a srttrail error where I was a in a infinite boot, then I was following some videos on how to fix it in command prompt. Now I cannot even reach advanced settings and command prompt without booting from a windows 10 USB. At work right now but I’m sure I’ll be...
  6. srttrail error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    srttrail error: windows 32 srttrail .txt error. unable to log on or use PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/srttrail-error/2b5aed23-8b15-4bcb-801b-e101812a18ce
  7. Srttrail problems

Srttrail problems: i was working with two pc, a notebook and a desktop, and the notebook was having some problems that didn't let me boot propperly in any way, so i take out the HDD and connect it to the desktop to see if it has bad sectors or anything, the answer was no, after that, when i...
  8. srttrail error

srttrail error: i’ve already tried the bootrec.exe commands and it returns something like “0 windows installations detected” “operation successful” and “access denied” and it won’t chkdsk c: drive...
  9. srttrail help

srttrail help: If you get the srttrail error and get stuck, don't worry. Boot into save mode, either through the startup settings page (see image below, #4 or #5) or by other means if you know how, I won't go into that. Your hard drive is most likely ok. However if safe mode doesn't...
  10. Windows 10 SrtTrail error

Windows 10 SrtTrail error: Hi today updating drivers of sound (realtek) and reboot the computer found this error so far i tried to use the bootrec but one command thats bootrec /fixboot is accedd denied I have a instalation media before the april update Can anybody help me please ?...