Windows 10: Windows 10 blue screens only when I am out of the room

Discus and support Windows 10 blue screens only when I am out of the room in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had Windows 10 spontaneously reboot on me quite a few times since I upgraded to it on my laptop not long ago, and it's happened three times in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Windows 10 blue screens only when I am out of the room

I have had Windows 10 spontaneously reboot on me quite a few times since I upgraded to it on my laptop not long ago, and it's happened three times in the last 24 hours. Unfortunately it always happens when I am out of the room, making tea. This means that I never get to see the blue screen with its error message, and it also means that I am obviously not doing anything to the computer in the time before it crashes which I could say might be the cause of the crash. In other words I don't have the slightest clue what is going on. Is there any way I can get useful information to help diagnose these crashes? For instance is there a way to delay the restart so that I get time to read the error message?

:)

ricecrispies, Oct 4, 2015

2. After upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 and Nvidia releasing new drivers in late February I experienced the blue screen..

After fixing the one driver for the keyboard has corrected the blue screen of death. The only issue I have had since has to do with Win 10, Win Defender and both wanting to be annoying. Other than that I had my PC reboot when I wasn't in the room so I
    am uncertain what that had been about.

WastingSanity, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Install windows 10

while installing windows 10 on my pc I left the room. when I came back my screen is a dark blue and won't respond to keyboard or mouse. anyone else encounter this?

Beetle Bob, Oct 4, 2015
  4. SoxmisUK Win User

Windows 10 blue screens only when I am out of the room

SoxmisUK, Oct 4, 2015
  5. TairikuOkami, Oct 4, 2015
  6. Thanks for your replies! I unchecked "automatically restart", as suggested, and discovered that the culprit was the Lenovo power management driver. I believe that this is connected to the screensaver in some way, which possibly explains why it only crashed when I wasn't using the computer.

ricecrispies, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 blue screens only when I am out of the room

1. Windows 10 blue screens only when I am out of the room - Similar Threads - blue screens room

2. windows 11 blue screen only when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 blue screen only when gaming: hi i really need help here i have a gaming pc that you cant game on = not sure what to do with this mem dump please help!!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1778 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  3. windows 11 blue screen only when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 blue screen only when gaming: hi i really need help here i have a gaming pc that you cant game on = not sure what to do with this mem dump please help!!Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.1778 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  4. I just got blue screen out of nowhere and i am scared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got blue screen out of nowhere and i am scared: So just like in the title I got blue screen and afer turning my laptop on again it said on the screen : Skip disk checking and then "repairing disk C" or sth like that, I am giving minidump from thisLaptop Gigabyte A5 K1 ryzen 7500h rtx...
  5. I just got blue screen out of nowhere and i am scared

I just got blue screen out of nowhere and i am scared: So just like in the title I got blue screen and afer turning my laptop on again it said on the screen : Skip disk checking and then "repairing disk C" or sth like that, I am giving minidump from thisLaptop Gigabyte A5 K1 ryzen 7500h rtx...
  6. Crash when i was out of the room came back and was at logon screen after being in machine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash when i was out of the room came back and was at logon screen after being in machine...: Booted my Asus 990FX Tff board has a 8 core vishera 225 watts hot one! Gigabyte RX 570 4g Graphics card however forced to use amd drivers for the amd model the gigabyte drivers seem to be poorly done and cause all sorts of uncommon errors so i stick with them drivers and it...
  7. Crash when i was out of the room came back and was at logon screen after being in machine...

Crash when i was out of the room came back and was at logon screen after being in machine...: Booted my Asus 990FX Tff board has a 8 core vishera 225 watts hot one! Gigabyte RX 570 4g Graphics card however forced to use amd drivers for the amd model the gigabyte drivers seem to be poorly done and cause all sorts of uncommon errors so i stick with them drivers and it...
  8. Crash when i was out of the room came back and was at logon screen after being in machine...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I am getting blue screen of death in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting blue screen of death in windows 10: I am getting blue screen error kernel security check failure in windows 10 and this error i am seeing after upgrading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-blue-screen-of-death-in-windows-10/53b73f4a-9c25-433d-8f02-e5554cfb62fe
  10. Out of room error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Out of room error: I'm trying to go from 8.1 to Windows 10 and Drive C has 650 gigs free but Drive D, the restore Drive only have 2.3 gigs free. When I run the check it states enough storage and all the other tests pass so it starts the download process. About 30 minutes to an hour later it...