Windows 10: Windows 10 Bogus Printer Error

Discus and support Windows 10 Bogus Printer Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, I have an HP Laserjet P1606DN installed and working. I installed windows 10 on April 2 and when ever I print something I get the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tippy, Apr 4, 2016.

1. tippy Win User

Windows 10 Bogus Printer Error

hello,
    I have an HP Laserjet P1606DN installed and working. I installed windows 10 on April 2 and when ever I print something I get the following error notification " ERROR PRINTING ON HP LASERJET - PRINTER COULDN'T PRINT (NAME OF REPORT)". The page(s) print anyway with no problem.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this error? I have another printer - HP office jet pro 8600 and it prints correctly with no errors.
    Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

:)

tippy, Apr 4, 2016

2. Windows 10, Printer problems

Same experience with two laptops upgraded to Windows 10; won't print to HP printer that works fine with earlier windows. All Microsoft bogus advice doesn't work, nor does HP. Eventually MS admitted that Windows 10 was created to be incompatible with existing
    printer drivers. Rather than fix it, MS has left it to the printer manufacturers to create new, Windows10-compatible drivers for their older printers, which of course the printer makers have no incentive to do.

BEdwards888, Apr 4, 2016
  3. MarkinWPG Win User
    Why does wushowhide keep offering a drive update that never appears in Windows Update as available?

After searching for more information, I found a webpage that explains that this "update" is actually a "bogus update", that dates back to Windows Vista.

Here is the URL to read more about it:

Bogus Win10 Printer Update Alerts - Windows Enterprise Desktop

Basically, it just reiterates what we have both been doing, namely, to keep hiding the unwanted, and unnecessary update. The author goes on to say, that it could actually do more harm than good, for Windows 10. I hope this helps.

MarkinWPG, Apr 4, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Just an observation or 2 :

See if the laserjet printer needs a driver update.
    Uninstall > reinstall printer might work ?

davidhk, Apr 4, 2016
  5. tippy Win User
    I looked for updates to the printer and found all drivers were the same. I did notice in the port section a new port "WSD" . I don't know what that means, so I use the standard TCP. My printer is network ( I have a dual band router).

tippy, Apr 4, 2016
  6. tippy Win User
    My problem is fixed. used the standard TCP /IP with static IP address. No errors

tippy, Apr 5, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Congrats.
    You deserve a rep.

Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Bogus Printer Error - Similar Threads - Bogus Printer Error

2. Bogus Popup Ad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bogus Popup Ad: All of a sudden, when I try to view TV online, by using the guide from Spectrum TV, I get a porup ad saying that I need to update my securuty software and to click on the “Upgrade Now” button.I do not have any addiional security software installed on my laptop and certainly...
  3. Bogus Update Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bogus Update Screen: I am a repair tech. Does anyone recognize this? I am fairly certain that it is bogus. While it is open, the cursor moves. I've uninstalled any known remote access programs and ran Malwarebytes, Windows Defender offline and Norton Removal Tool. Went through everything in...
  4. Why is Windows throwing bogus USB errors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Windows throwing bogus USB errors?: I have a freshly formatted Optiplex 9010 with 21H1 and it keeps telling me some non-existent USB device has malfunctioned. This occurs even with the USB keyboard/mouse disconnected! I found some entries in the device manager and disabled them. Still every so often, Windows...
  5. Detection of Bogus Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Detection of Bogus Windows 10: There are lots of tools offered by the internet where people can get bogus installer for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/detection-of-bogus-windows-10/8a6cf0f8-db33-4eb4-8f59-10564978920f
  6. Windows 10 bogus logon account

Windows 10 bogus logon account: I have a bogus Microsoft account showing as my default logon account. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bogus-logon-account/aea5b521-b351-4de7-9399-a0c10832c400
  7. Bogus "Program" in Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bogus "Program" in Startup: Hello, I've noticed a suspicious program labeled just "Program" in the Windows 10 Startup menu with no extension or description whatsoever. Does anyone know if it's safe to remove it, and how to remove it? Thanks. 150709
  8. printer error windows 10

printer error windows 10: I am getting a printer error with my HP printer since updating my windows 10. I can print from my phone and other devices. Just not my PC. I have updated all the drivers and am still getting an unexpected configuration problem 0x8000ffff if I print via HP and selected...
  9. Windows 10 printer error

Windows 10 printer error: I am running windows 10 and my printer keeps saying printer error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-error/af97a12f-958b-4f0c-8ebc-bf136712c1a7
  10. Bogus message or valid?

Bogus message or valid?: Do I need to renew Microsoft Office? Subject:Reminder To Renew Your Office !! From:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** To:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Date:Saturday, July 7, 2018, 9:41:51 AM PDT [IMG] Dear Sir/Ma'am Renew your Microsoft Office...