Windows 10: Windows 10 boot gives me a black screen & 'Press [del] to enter setup'

Discus and support Windows 10 boot gives me a black screen & 'Press [del] to enter setup' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I'm running an Acer Aspire upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. If I just leave the screen with the subject content (above) I eventually get to logon to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by user10, Apr 23, 2016.

1. user10 Win User

Windows 10 boot gives me a black screen & 'Press [del] to enter setup'

Hi. I'm running an Acer Aspire upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. If I just leave the screen with the subject content (above) I eventually get to logon to the computer; if I press [del] I get to the BIOS. I ran Belarc Advisor and got 'Boot Mode: UEFI (please run as administrator to see Secure Boot status)' I don't know what to do to boot to where I'm prompted to enter the password and logon to the desktop.

:)

user10, Apr 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 failing me

I updated my Asus desktop to Windows 10.

When I start the computer it shows the "ASUS In Search of Incredible" load screen shows and says

"Press F2 or Del to enter UEFI Bios setting"

After that it has the "ASUS In Search of Incredible" Load screen in which there are 5 dots that spin in a circle a if it were loading and then after that goes to a black screen in which I can see the mouse cursor and never progresses on from that screen.

When I restart the computer and hit F8 to try and boot in Safe Mode it asks me to select a boot device and gives me the options of:

"Windows Boot Manager (TOSHIBA DT01ACA100)" - Which when I choose this option it brings me to a Recovery Screen in which it gives me the option to:

"Press Enter to try again" - Restarts the computer to no avail

Press F8 to Startup Settings" - I choose start windows in safe mode with networking, computer restarts and does not boot

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

HomeComputerHelpPls, Apr 23, 2016
  3. MLambie Win User
    Blank white screen at boot up

I have the same problem, but mine is with Windows 10. I don't even get to press the sec button(in order to access setup). I press the crtl+alt+del keys, the screen goes black. Any advice for me?

MLambie, Apr 23, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Your hard disk must be set as the primary boot device. Not sure how it's set in the Acer BIOS, but most will say, Windows Boot Manager, so that must be the primary.

Maybe someone else may know around the Acer bios

lmaneke, Apr 23, 2016
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Go into the BIOS and select the option to
    Restore Defaults

To restore your BIOS to the default settings..

Kyhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 boot gives me a black screen & 'Press [del] to enter setup' - Similar Threads - boot black screen

2. Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios: I just built this pc for a mate and when I boot it, it stays stuck on that screen for a few minutes can't use the keyboard at all after a few minutes windows login screen eventually comes up 2...
  3. Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios: I just built this pc for a mate and when I boot it, it stays stuck on that screen for a few minutes can't use the keyboard at all after a few minutes windows login screen eventually comes up 2...
  4. Pc stuck on press del or f2 to enter bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 logon screen won't let me enter my PIN unless I press CTRL-ALT-DEL

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 logon screen won't let me enter my PIN unless I press CTRL-ALT-DEL: When I logon to my account on my Windows 10 PC, something has recently changed, I presume related to an update. In the past I would press any key and then I could enter my PIN to complete logon, but now when I press any key, nothing happens and there's no option to enter the...
  6. Windows 10 logon screen won't let me enter my PIN unless I press CTRL-ALT-DEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 logon screen won't let me enter my PIN unless I press CTRL-ALT-DEL: When I logon to my account on my Windows 10 PC, something has recently changed, I presume related to an update. In the past I would press any key and then I could enter my PIN to complete logon, but now when I press any key, nothing happens and there's no option to enter the...
  7. Windows 10 logon screen won't let me enter my PIN unless I press CTRL-ALT-DEL

8. Windows gives me black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows gives me black screen: Im with windows 11 and when i try to focus in one app it goes black for a second and my laptop freezes, after that second it goes back but its very annoying since it happens with every app, even with windows modules as the search bar, i try to open chrome, black screen and...
  9. Windows gives me black screen

Windows gives me black screen: Im with windows 11 and when i try to focus in one app it goes black for a second and my laptop freezes, after that second it goes back but its very annoying since it happens with every app, even with windows modules as the search bar, i try to open chrome, black screen and...
  10. My PC boots and gives me black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC boots and gives me black screen: Hello, I recently installed the latest windows update. I restarted my computer and when it booted I got a black screen when it was updating my PC. I then went into safe mode and tried everything there and it still didn't work. I had the last option of reset. This worked and I...