Windows 10: Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on three computers. Two work fine. The third has been giving me boot problems for as long as I have had it upgraded from Windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10bootprob, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

I have Windows 10 on three computers. Two work fine. The third has been giving me boot problems for as long as I have had it upgraded from Windows 8 (which worked perfectly).

On around 50% of boots it will simply freeze at the Windows logo screen with no spinning dots. I have to do a hard reset to get it to restart. Upon restart it may or may not boot into Windows. Sometimes, it just freezes again in the same way. After another reset, it will go into Automatic Repair mode. Usually once it gets there, I can just click to skip to load Windows and it will then boot fine (ie. No repair actually needed).

Things I have tried:

- Updated BIOS
    - Changed all SATA cables (SSDs)
    - Disabled "Fastboot" in Windows
    - Disabled Fast boot in BIOS
    - Reinstalled Windows 10 'without losing my files' from Automatic Repair
    - Ran Sfc /scannow
    - Ran bootrec /rebuildbcd (total identified windows installations: 0), bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot

None of this has fixed the problem and I keep getting these random windows logo boot freezes.

This is a desktop computer with an Asus X99 PRO USB 3.1 motherboard, Intel i7 CPU, and GT730 video card.

Once it boots, it functions perfectly (I am posting from this desktop at this moment).

What could be the problem at this point? The only idea I have left is that if the reinstallation of Windows 10 was with faulty files, maybe I need to buy a Windows 10 disc and install from that. But then why would it boot sometimes and not others?

Any ideas appreciated. As you can see, I've been trying everything I can think of. I'd be grateful for some fresh perspective.

:)

win10bootprob, Sep 17, 2016
  2. saleem96 Win User

error in windows 10 after November update !! please help .

afte i did update my laptop with windows 10 to November update i have some errors with boot .

when it boot and Windows logo appears it is take 2sec and the screen become black for 2sec after that Windows logo appears again for 10sec but the points under the logo are Moving very slowly with Simple freeze in screen after that windows boot normally
    , before the update windows logo appears just for 3 or 2 sec and windows boot normally ,, anyone have Solution or idea !!??

saleem96, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freezes when Joystick is plugged in.

Original Title: Rhino X55.

Windows 10 freezes when cold booting but only if I have my Joystick and throttle plugged in. The stick is a Rhino x55 and the problem is intermittent.

andrewhutchins, Sep 17, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

Hi win10bootprob and welcome to Ten forums
    I found some connection to x99 chipset and USB devices on ASUS forums.

This is from that post:
    Try to disconnect your USB devices one by one and boot... If you find the one causing problems, uninstall and reinstall drivers (or applications related to device).

Regarding your question about buying Windows 10 media - you can download official MS Windows ISO, so don't throw away your money.

Edit: resetting windows is not clean install. Clean install may solve your issues (no guarantee).

Edit2: resetting your BIOS settings to default would be good start.

AndreTen, Sep 18, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Have you tried a cold restart or is your PC always plugged in and turned on at the mains? If so, it never really totally shuts down. Try a full power off and restart - unplug the PC or switch off the PC PSU at the rear of the PC, hold down the PC power on button for 30s then try turning on the PC again.

Another thing to check is whether you have any active partitions on disks other than your main system disc since this can confuse the boot process. You can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to check this.

There is a way of stopping the auto repair kicking in but its best to solve the root cause. See posts 1-4 here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Steve C, Sep 18, 2016
  6. Jay2094 Win User
    I have been looking for a solution for the last 2 weeks. I have the EXACT same issue that you have been experiencing. I have a brand new z170 build. I7 6700k, asus maximus viii motherboard, 16gb corsair LPX 3000mhz memory, Samsung 840 Pro SSD, and corsair rm 1000 psu.

I have clean installed windows 10 several times using the official disk, and a bootable flash drive created using the windows 10 iso directly from Microsoft.

When my PC is running. Everything is perfect, but when I do a restart or even a cold boot, it will fail booting at the windows logo with spinning dots screen about 50% of the time like you said.

I have uefi enabled in the bios and csm disabled. The memory or processor are not over clocked. I've tried unplugging all peripherals except for the SSD containing the OS. Still same issue. I have even swapped all major hardware components for brand new ones (processor, memory, motherboard, SSD) and I get the same issue.

Hopefully the information I gave can help us come to a solution.

Jay2094, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen

1. Windows 10 boot intermittently freezing on Logo Screen - Similar Threads - boot intermittently freezing

2. Boot Logo Not Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Logo Not Windows Logo: My question is how the company logo comes on the boot screen. Like if I am using a hp laptop, the hp logo comes then the windows logo. Same with like dell, if I use a dell laptop, then the dell logo will come first. So how does it work? What happens if I build a custom pc,...
  3. Boot Logo Not Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Logo Not Windows Logo: My question is how the company logo comes on the boot screen. Like if I am using a hp laptop, the hp logo comes then the windows logo. Same with like dell, if I use a dell laptop, then the dell logo will come first. So how does it work? What happens if I build a custom pc,...
  4. Intermittent Freezing of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent Freezing of Windows 10: I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and I'm having an intermittent problem that I'm trying to stop. It usually occurs when I have multiple applications open and have been working for some time. The following occurs: * The mouse freezes and unfreezes repeatedly. *...
  5. Windows 10 Boot Screen Logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Boot Screen Logo: I've installed windows 10 using UEFI method instead of BIOS and now I see my boot screen logo has changed to Asus (Motherboard or OEM). It was a windows 10 sky blue colored logo before at boot screen but now an Asus logo has replaced it. Is there a problem or it's normal. And...
  6. Windows 10 freezes on logo screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes on logo screen: So, I'm having a bit of an issue with my Windows computer after the recent updates. Every time I turn it on it stays stuck on the logo screen. Those spinning white circles, that indicate it's loading, don't appear and I am forced to do a hard shutdown. When I turn it on again...
  7. Intermittent freezing at login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent freezing at login screen: I've recently built a new Windows 10 PC and have found that the login page intermittently freezes after boot, followed by a reboot. When the PC freezed, it is generally before I can enter my password/PIN. I found some similar issues reported here that suggested the...
  8. Windows 10 sometimes (not always) freeze at boot logo.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sometimes (not always) freeze at boot logo.: Hello, it's been about 1 month since my windows started to freeze at the boot logo. I don't know what to do because this is not happening always and it happens just on a cold boot not a resatart. I experience that about 2-3 times per week, sometimes it happens twice a day....
  9. Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Freeze at Blue Logo during Boot: Within the last few weeks, my PC started having an issue where it intermittently hangs at the blue windows logo during boot. About 50% of the time, it boots normally without hanging. The other 50% is a mixed bag. Sometimes it will boot fine after 1 or 2 hard resets. Other...
  10. Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Windows 10. Freezes at the logo screen.: After a hectic few weeks of figuring things out, I finally had my first build completed. The fans work, everything lights up, I can get it to boot, it's great! Here are some of its specs: CPU AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor Motherboard Asus PRIME B350-PLUS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. z97 freeze windows logo

2. windows 10 sometimes boot logo freezing