Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Selector, how do I get ride of it?

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Selector, how do I get ride of it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, When I boot up my computer, I get the boot selector and I had a Windows 10 and 8.1 dual boot, the catch is I removed the hard drive that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Computer Chicken, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Boot Selector, how do I get ride of it?

Hello,

When I boot up my computer, I get the boot selector and I had a Windows 10 and 8.1 dual boot, the catch is I removed the hard drive that I installed Windows 8.1 on and the boot selector still comes up before the OS loads. I would like to remove this since I have removed the hard drive and because it is getting annoying. *Mad Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. *Smile

:)

Computer Chicken, Nov 14, 2016

2. windows ten how do I get ride of pckeeper.

did not download it but it still pops up

DARRENSYVERTSEN, Nov 14, 2016
  3. windows ten how do I get ride of pckeeper.

Hi Dareen,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I like to inform you that; sometimes, when we browser internet then some of the files got downloaded and installed automatically.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you able to view any application by the name pckeeper, under program and features?

To check for the programs, follow the below path.

Press Windows key + x > select Program and Features > check for the
    pckeeper application. If the application is present there, then right click on the application and select
    Uninstall.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, Nov 14, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

Windows 10 Boot Selector, how do I get ride of it?

Click on start type msconfig, select System Configuration and select the boot tab

You should see a list of your boot options - select the one for 8.1 and Delete

You may also have to toggle the Make all Boot settings permanent option - On

Barman58, Nov 14, 2016
  5. Thanks so much! I will have to get back to you.

Computer Chicken, Nov 14, 2016
  6. Ok, feedback: It worked! Thanks for your help! *Smile Now I don't have that annoying thing popping up every boot. *Biggrin

Computer Chicken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Selector, how do I get ride of it?

1. Windows 10 Boot Selector, how do I get ride of it? - Similar Threads - Boot Selector ride

2. How can I get ride of S mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I get ride of S mode?: How can I get rid of Microsoft S mode. I followed Microsoft's instructions but it didn't work. This program is ruining the formating in my books which are ready for publication. And S mode is a disaster....
  3. How can I get ride of S mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get ride of S mode?: How can I get rid of Microsoft S mode. I followed Microsoft's instructions but it didn't work. This program is ruining the formating in my books which are ready for publication. And S mode is a disaster....
  4. I HAVE A BOOT X VIRUS!!!! And I can not get ride of it,

I HAVE A BOOT X VIRUS!!!! And I can not get ride of it,: I'm about to throw my $1,400 computer away along with my laptop and every USB drive and hard drive I own which is a lot of money I don't even care about the data anymore I just want to be able to use a computer¡!!!!!!!!!!!!And by the way Rob Koch , your answer to user A,...
  5. How to Get Ride of Trojan?

How to Get Ride of Trojan?: I need to know how to get rid of Trojan virus [Original Title: Virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-get-ride-of-trojan/e6add793-ff87-4c33-b534-1d7a1133e3d1
  6. How to Get Ride of Malvertising?

How to Get Ride of Malvertising?: Hello, How do I remove a Malvertisement? It keeps popping up in the lower right corner of my screen. Malwarebytes blocks the website that it tries to redirect to when I close it, but it still keeps popping up. Thank you! [Original Title: Malvertising]...
  7. how to get ride of the white box?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get ride of the white box?: hi Microsoft: I like to know how to get ride of the white box on the bottom right as seen in the screenshot, without having to restart my device?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-ride-of-the-white-box/be7054cf-4314-42b8-a790-7453fd55fa45
  8. How to get ride of Threat

How to get ride of Threat: Split from this thread. My threat is called "Severe". I don't know how to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-get-ride-of-threat/4a68b302-383b-4248-bced-4f7c9c89ebf1
  9. How to get ride of Unofficial Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get ride of Unofficial Windows 10: I have installed an unofficial version of windows 10 and i have no control of my computer. I tried to install official version of win 10 but i was not able to do so i tried to do using bios but i can not access to bios or cannot enable bios from advanced setup.Canany one now...
  10. How can I get ride of in this position?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I get ride of in this position?: Due to some problem, I went to give windows set up on my PC. at first I went to safe mode to (restart+F7) then advance option then go to boot option and shown the pendrive. before the trying the advance option was there, but later when i was show the pendrive and save, there...