Windows 10: Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

Discus and support Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, so to start with, I have a gaming pc and a mac. My macs hardrive (bootcamped windows 10) wasnt working. So to test if its still alive, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adamsapple, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

Hey, so to start with,
    I have a gaming pc
    and a mac.

My macs hardrive (bootcamped windows 10) wasnt working. So to test if its still alive, I plugged it into my gaming pc (set it as my first boot option) to see if itll boot.. and it did.

The issue arises when I unplug my mac's hardrive from my gaming pc, and then try to boot back into my usual drive. Windows 10 isnt booting to the login screen.

Ill make it past the windows 10 logo, but it wont go past the infinite spinning dots.. the worst would be for me to have to do a hard reset, and I hope I wont have to..
    Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Adam

:)

Adamsapple, Feb 19, 2017

2. Just spinning dots?

Windows 10 was working fine........restarted and stuck with spinning dots. I tried restarting with shift, F8 and still the same spinning dots.

BarryMeskin, Feb 19, 2017
  3. Login from lock screen stuck on circular rotating dots

The following happens intermittently:

• I'm working and use the Windows+L key combination to lock my screen to leave for a period (can be short or long).
    • I return and use Ctrl+Alt+Del to log back in.
    • I get a blue screen with a small circle of spinning dots, which goes on indefinitely.
    • I have to hard boot my laptop by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    This started happening only after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. This appears to be a common problem with Windows 10:

I've tried most of the suggestions from these an other sources, but nothing has solved this issue -- which is very disruptive to productivity and seems to be specific to Windows 10. Please reply with only real solutions.

teancum144, Feb 19, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

1. Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots - Similar Threads - boot stuck spinning

2. Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots: Hi!I have an old laptop, which is pretty useless.Then I thought - is it possible to install Windows 10 on it?I tried just regular USB and DVD, it just didn't boot in the setup.On the virtual machine on the same computer Windows 10 works.Also, the Symantec Ghost helped me.I...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots: Hi!I have an old laptop, which is pretty useless.Then I thought - is it possible to install Windows 10 on it?I tried just regular USB and DVD, it just didn't boot in the setup.On the virtual machine on the same computer Windows 10 works.Also, the Symantec Ghost helped me.I...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots: when i turn on my laptop when windows is starting up i see the logo but the spinning dots don’t appear but it still boots into windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-booting-without-spinning-dots/08b0d5d4-5c79-4e1e-8920-c4320c895db8
  6. Windows won't boot - stuck at Windows logo, no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot - stuck at Windows logo, no spinning dots: This all started with a Windows update performed at shut down 2 days ago. When I turned my PC on the next morning, it got stuck at the Windows logo with no spinning dots. Tried to shut down a couple times. Then I saw the Windows logo with Preparing Automatic Repair...
  7. Windows stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I i have a desktop, which has been running Windows 10, updated from Windows 7. Yesterday when I tried to start it up, it got stuck at the black screen with the Asus logo and black spinning usually, but now frozen dots. In the past it has occasionally been slow at this...
  8. Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is Stuck in Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I need some help. I just encountered this bizarre problem on Windows 10 64-bit (this is the second time that I encountered the problem this year). Here’s how the problem started: 1. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro 64-bit is stuck on spinning dots. I’ve waited for...
  9. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  10. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 boots lock up on blurry screen ans spinning dots

2. 1903 stuck on spinning dots

3. y520 stuck on spinning dots