Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Win 10 on my Samsung Series 7 Chronos note book. I went from a boot time of 15 seconds to a 3 min boot time on Windows 10. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by anthonyray22, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!

I recently upgraded to Win 10 on my Samsung Series 7 Chronos note book. I went from a boot time of 15 seconds to a 3 min boot time on Windows 10. I already tried disabling non essential start up programs, defragged my HDD, activated hybrid power, and performed a deep virus scan. And nothing changed I still had a excruciating slow boot up time. One odd thing I noticed is that my Samsung Manufacturer splash screen disappeared during boot. While I'm waiting for the log in screen to appear all I get is a blank black screen. When It finally does boot up my performance of windows 10 is fine and enjoyable. However the boot time being so slow is a deal breaker. It even takes up to a minute to wake up from sleep mode! I rolled back to Windows 7 updated my bios and drivers and then re attempted to re upgrade to Win 10. Same results! I'm stumped. I am hoping someone can help me because I really did like Win 10 and want to use it. However I will stay on Win 7 for now until I can figure out what is causing the extra slow boot time. Once I did roll back to Win 7 my very fast boot times came back. The only thing that I can guess being the culprit is that since my note book has 8gb ssd of express cache for speedy boot times I assume that maybe Windows 10 is not supporting it on my particular hardware set up.

This is my first post to this forum, I am new to the community. Any help or advice would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

:)

anthonyray22, Aug 11, 2015

2. Back light of the keyboard

I installed the WINDOWS 10 on my Samsung series 7 CHRONOS and i lost the back light of my keyboard. Any solution?

Thanks

ManuelDuarte55, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Jacek____ Win User
    any Windows 10 intel core i5 with intel HD 4000 graphics brightness issue fixes?

Many thanks Saber! It also works for Samsung Series 7 Chronos.

Jacek____, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!

Boozad, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Thanks for the advise, However I tried doing the clean install and my boot time is still very slow. Any other ideas? Now could it be that since I forced the upgrade before MS notified me that it was available is causing this? I heard they were rolling out the upgrade based on hardware compatibility. I'm leaning towards this being the culprit, but I am not sure. As I have upgraded and done clean installs in the past as soon as its availability and have not had my boot times significantly slowed down as a result.

anthonyray22, Aug 12, 2015
  6. RonCFL Win User
    It's not your Samsung .... my Dell XPS did the same thing ...from 8.1 to 10 ..
    Came back to wds 8.1 now ... happy again ..

RonCFL, Aug 13, 2015
  7. I hope it get addressed in the next round of updates, because I really do like the new features W10 brings to the table. Until then I'll keep W7.

anthonyray22, Aug 15, 2015
  8. Yaoshi Win User

I,too, experienced the same phenomena with my Samsung Chronos 7. I tried something that I didn't see in your post. After completing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, I downloaded Samsung's SW Update .exe from their support site for my model. When I opened SW Update, it, in turn, downloaded several driver and utility software packages unique to my model. One by one, I installed them. Some were denied by Windows 10, but I installed those that were accepted. Then, I rebooted ... and I was amazed at the speed of the boot. There was not even a second between the Windows splash screen (which appeared for 2 seconds) and the sign-in window. Perhaps this will work for you, too. *Smile

Yaoshi, Aug 15, 2015
  9. Thank you Yaoshi. I will give this a try. I will report back with my results.

anthonyray22, Aug 21, 2015
  10. marks7437 Win User
    Thank you Yaoshi! Works very good! I have installed all drivers and programs downloaded with SW update from Samsung and now laptop boots in 30 sec and comes out of sleep in 8 sec. And I didn't do a clean install, just the upgrade to Win 10 Pro.
    Btw. I'm impressed of how fast my laptop is running now with Win 10!

Update
    I played with it a bit. What made a difference is installing the newes AMD video card driver and program downloaded by Samsung SW update. Really fast now!

marks7437, Oct 6, 2015
  11. Hey Marks, is it possible if you can tell me where you can get these updates manually?

CloseToHome, Oct 6, 2015
  12. Yaoshi Win User
    Click on this link Windows Laptops | Official Samsung Support and scroll down a third of the page. You'll see a field on the left telling you to "Type your model name or number". Type your information and hit "enter". You'll be redirected to your laptop's corresponding product page. You'll see a link for "Manuals & Downloads". I think you can take it from there.*Wink

Yaoshi, Oct 8, 2015
  13. rbi111 Win User

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but since I can't really get any help from samsung I figure I'll try this out.

I have the Samsung SW update program and have also looked on the site for drivers but nothing is Windows 10 compatible. Which drivers are you using? Also, did any of this make the 8gb SSD usable?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Robert

rbi111, Apr 8, 2016
  14. Yaoshi Win User
    For my model, there are no drivers that are listed for Windows 10. So, I used the most recent drivers/software listed for Windows 8. The critical driver that eliminates the black screen during system boot is ... for my model ... the most recent AMD Graphics Driver provided by Samsung. Once it's loaded, I use wushowhide.diagcab to ensure that automatic Windows updates will not update the AMD graphics driver in the future.

Unfortunately, I have not found any software that enables express cache using the 8GB SSD.

I currently have Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (Build 14316) loaded on my Chronos and it's working flawlessly.

Yaoshi, Apr 9, 2016
  15. Alphamale Win User
    This is why I dual boot on my computer builds.

Alphamale, Apr 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW! - Similar Threads - Boot Samsung Series

2. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  3. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow boot time on Windows 10: Hi everyone!From the past few days, I've noticed my startup has increased from 7-8 seconds to 17-18 seconds.I've disabled almost all of the startup programs except for an Audio program.I suspected that the problem might be with my antivirus softwareKaspersky IS as it was not...
  4. Slow boot time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on: I've left it charging for 8 hours and have pressed all the buttons at the same time, and the computer still doesnt turn on. If someone could help ASAP that would be great! Thanks...
  6. Replace Ubuntu 19.10 with Windows 10 on Samsung Series 7 Slate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace Ubuntu 19.10 with Windows 10 on Samsung Series 7 Slate: I only have access to this tablet computer. I've had Windows 10 on it before so I know that it works, albeit slooooow because Windows is a resource hog, but I have another computer to run Linux distros on so this tablet is going to be a media computer. It ohly has one USB...
  7. **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo...: Hello I just installed a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD into my Samsung Series 7 Chronos Model NP700Z5A ( NP700Z5A-S04US ). Ok, I am booting from a usb drive that has the windows iso image. I get through the whole install process and once the laptop restarts it takes me back to...
  8. Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos: Hello, I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop with an Intel Core i7 and a Radeon 8600/8700M graphics card. Yesterday, I noticed the brightness of the laptop screen was very dim when the laptop unplugged, but the screen was very bright when plugged in. I right clicked...
  9. Remove Extraneous Partitions on HDD Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop

Remove Extraneous Partitions on HDD Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop: So I used the Windows 10 installation media to put the Windows 10 installation files on a flash drive, and the installed Windows 10 onto my Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop (it's old, it originally shipped with Windows 8; not 8.1, 8). After the installation, I went into the...
  10. Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Function Key Not Working - Samsung Series 7 Laptop: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I soon discovered that my Function key did not work for the majority of keys. I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos. It does not work with brightness, backlight, wifi on/off, fan... etc. The key does work with volume so I know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. series 7 chronos laptop slow

2. bios setting to correct slow chronos 7 wake time

3. samsung chronos 7 windows

4. what ssd can i install in my samsung series 7 chronos,
  5. samsung chronos 7 windows 10 slow,
  6. samsung chronos slow boot,
  7. samsung laptop series 7 boot slow,
  8. samsung chronos 7 slow boot