Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I need some help. This computer has run fine for about a year with this SSD.. Now, when I boot the computer up it starts to Load Windows 10 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CarolinaGuy, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs

I need some help. This computer has run fine for about a year with this SSD..

Now, when I boot the computer up it starts to Load Windows 10 but STOPS on the 4 panel Window in the top center of the screen.

If I turn the Power Supply switch OFF and then back ON and then re-boot it starts properly.

I have to go through this routine to get the computer to boot up.

The M/B is an Asus M-3A78-CM
    Samsung 840 EVO SSD
    Windows 10 Home (64 bit)

:)

CarolinaGuy, Jan 9, 2018
  2. jensen89 Win User

KB3116908 Failed to Install

After KB3116908 is installed, I restarted my PC and while it was doing windows configuration and preparation, it hangs. I am unable to boot up my windows 10 after that. I needed to use restore point option to boot up my windows 10.

jensen89, Jan 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 occasionally hangs up at boot up

Hello Manny,

Thank you for replying.

As I informed in the previous post please do contact with the OEM support for better assistance on this issue.

If you have any other queries related to Windows products, feel free to reply and I'll be happy to further assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs

Hi CarolinaGuy

Just as a test shut off hibernation. This will disable Windows Fast Startup.

Open Command Prompt(admin) and use the following command

powercfg -h off

Test. If that fixes issues then turn hibernation back on and shut off Windows Fast Startup using the following tutorial.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

To turn hibernation back on, command prompt(admin)

powercfg -h on

If shutting off hibernation does not change anything then just turn it back on.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 10, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

Run this log collector and post a zip into the thread:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

zbook, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Ken,

Thanks, turning off Fast Start-up solved the problem.

CarolinaGuy, Jan 12, 2018
  7. Great. So I wonder which driver is misbehaving.

Have a look at your Windows update history and see what drivers have been installed.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs

1. Windows 10 Boot Up Hangs - Similar Threads - Boot Hangs

2. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it: When I restart my ASUS UX303UB laptop during a Windows update it always hangs at the ASUS logo. Mashing the power button is the only option. The next start up attempt does the same thing, then on the third attempt, I get the recovery options. Nothing much here works either it...
  3. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it: When I restart my ASUS UX303UB laptop during a Windows update it always hangs at the ASUS logo. Mashing the power button is the only option. The next start up attempt does the same thing, then on the third attempt, I get the recovery options. Nothing much here works either it...
  4. Restarts for Windows updates hang at OEM logo- booting something else clears it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT: This happened on monthly security and cumulative updates "08" and "09 on a new Dell XPS8950 12th-gen system. checked for updates and told to install. system starts updating percentage-complete 30%, restart, displays "INVALID FORMAT" message with blobby-bubbles-animation BUT...
  6. INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT

INVALID FORMAT hangs up Windows Update, CAN'T BOOT: This happened on monthly security and cumulative updates "08" and "09 on a new Dell XPS8950 12th-gen system. checked for updates and told to install. system starts updating percentage-complete 30%, restart, displays "INVALID FORMAT" message with blobby-bubbles-animation BUT...
  7. Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error.: Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error. After some time, it runs as usual. I have run both quick and extensive check on my hard drive it is passing. I have tried resetting laptop, but it didn't work....
  8. Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error.

Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error.: Laptop hangs while charging and crashes after that and gives boot device not found error. After some time, it runs as usual. I have run both quick and extensive check on my hard drive it is passing. I have tried resetting laptop, but it didn't work....
  9. Why my windows 11 boots slow and hangs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 11 boots slow and hangs?: My HP 15q-bu105tx model laptop hangs repeatedly. I updated drivers and also reset pc but still, facing same problem. My laptop takes 13 minutes to boot. I also tried defragmentation of c drive. I disabled all background apps at start up. I also made every possible update to...
  10. Why my windows 11 boots slow and hangs?

Why my windows 11 boots slow and hangs?: My HP 15q-bu105tx model laptop hangs repeatedly. I updated drivers and also reset pc but still, facing same problem. My laptop takes 13 minutes to boot. I also tried defragmentation of c drive. I disabled all background apps at start up. I also made every possible update to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winows 10 hang up on boot

2. windows 10 boot stalls