Windows 10: Windows 10 Boots to a blackscreen with a cursor-

Discus and support Windows 10 Boots to a blackscreen with a cursor- in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, Recently I have upgraded to Win10, and I have restarted the PC about 1-2 times. And this time, just nothing. Nothing. No error code, nothing, It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lcdabest, Sep 17, 2015.

1. lcdabest Win User

Windows 10 Boots to a blackscreen with a cursor-

So, Recently I have upgraded to Win10, and I have restarted the PC about 1-2 times. And this time, just nothing. Nothing. No error code, nothing, It's a HP Pavilion g7

:)

lcdabest, Sep 17, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 boots to a black screen with no cursor

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue could occur due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. You can also check if detaching all other peripheral devices except for keyboard and mouse works out the issue. The issue (black screen) you’re
    facing could be most likely related to display drivers and could be resolved by updating the drivers. Without the correct driver, the hardware or device that you want to use won't work properly. Refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Do get back to us with the update of the issue.

Arul_D, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 boots to a black screen with no cursor

Just to say, I received a brand new HP Spectre x360 laptop today, with Windows 10.

One hour later, I'm having this issue.

Screen is dead, no cursor, no "Press ESC for BIOS options"... nothing.

But once in a while, if I press some keys, Windows 10 will play a jingle at me.

Problem is, I don't know if this is a hardware problem or Windows 10 problem.

Users are reporting problems in both cases.

Mike & his dead 1-hour-old expensive new laptop

Mike Gledhill, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Boots to a blackscreen with a cursor-

1. Windows 10 Boots to a blackscreen with a cursor- - Similar Threads - Boots blackscreen cursor

2. Blackscreen Only Cursor Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen Only Cursor Working: $windows.~bt folder taking to much space on my CSo i tried to delete it , its always failed because it said the folder is used afaik in windows 10 this folder not used in any procces? Well after restart my screen is just black with cursor also i noticed it taking 30-1minutes...
  3. Blackscreen Only Cursor Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blackscreen Only Cursor Working: $windows.~bt folder taking to much space on my CSo i tried to delete it , its always failed because it said the folder is used afaik in windows 10 this folder not used in any procces? Well after restart my screen is just black with cursor also i noticed it taking 30-1minutes...
  4. MY WINDOWS 10 IS JUST A BLACKSCREEN AND MY CURSOR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY WINDOWS 10 IS JUST A BLACKSCREEN AND MY CURSOR: HELP ME WHEN I START EINDOWS IYS JUST A BLACK SCREEN AND CURSOR NOTHING ELSE : AND CTRL+ALT+DEL IS NOT WORKING HELP I JUST WANT TO CHANGE MY ROBLOX AVATAR AND MY MOM NEEDS IT TOO SJJDKWNDIMABALSMBS...
  5. MY WINDOWS 10 IS JUST A BLACKSCREEN AND MY CURSOR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY WINDOWS 10 IS JUST A BLACKSCREEN AND MY CURSOR: HELP ME WHEN I START EINDOWS IYS JUST A BLACK SCREEN AND CURSOR NOTHING ELSE : AND CTRL+ALT+DEL IS NOT WORKING HELP I JUST WANT TO CHANGE MY ROBLOX AVATAR AND MY MOM NEEDS IT TOO SJJDKWNDIMABALSMBS...
  6. MY WINDOWS 10 IS JUST A BLACKSCREEN AND MY CURSOR

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Blackscreen with blinking cursor and Windows exception Win32kbase.sys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen with blinking cursor and Windows exception Win32kbase.sys: Guys please help me I don't know how to fix this problem. When I open my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit) before the login in screen a black screen pops up with blinking cursor on the upper right of my screen (underscore) and I have to restart my laptop by pressing the power button...
  8. Blackscreen with spinning cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blackscreen with spinning cursor: I was just watching anime online then suddenly my laptop's screen blacks out with its loading cursor spinning also freezes the screen for some reason i couldn't do a thing ctlr+alt+del didn't even work so i force shutdown my laptop. I also tried to start it once again then...
  9. Cant Acces Win 10 blackscreen no cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Acces Win 10 blackscreen no cursor.: Hi Guys yesterday my pc was fine and today i get a black screen with out a cursor and if i wait like 9 min i get a blue screen with IRQL Not Less Or Equal I have 4 hard disks in my pc, 1 scretch disks SSD, 1 Windows 10 SSD, 1 4TB hard drive back up, 1 windows 10...
  10. Booting into blackscreen with cursor + flashing loading circle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting into blackscreen with cursor + flashing loading circle: Alright, I was in the course of fixing another issue i had (BSOD/attempted switch from DPC and i inteded to find the driver/program causing the issue) when suddenly i had one BSOD in the middle of my work followed another right when the desktop loaded again. I'm now sitting...