Windows 10: Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

Discus and support Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with an issue I am facing with the brightness options in Windows 10 Pro. I've owned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thebritton, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with an issue I am facing with the brightness options in Windows 10 Pro. I've owned this laptop for around 5 months now, and I've always been able to change the brightness on it as and when i please using either the function keys, or settings in battery menu or control panel display settings. All of a sudden after updating my PC to the Fall Creators Update (1709) when it was first released, I am no longer able to do this, along with options missing from the Windows Mobility Center. The option for brightness control is no longer in the Action Center, and I cannot enable/disable Night Light. Any search that I do within Windows for "Brightness" only brings up options for the visually impaired and so on. Furthermore, "Display" has disappeared from the control panel, but this could be due to the migration to the settings menu.

I wouldn't be too bothered about the screen brightness if it didn't have such an effect on my battery!

I've attached some screenshots to help explain.

Thanks.

Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing? [​IMG]

:)

thebritton, Feb 1, 2018

2. Unable to change screen brightness using both my keyboard options or settings/display/Brightness and Color Settings.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5577 with a i7 processor and windows 10 home edition 1709. Recently I believe due to a upgrade in windows am not able to manually readjust my screen brightness settings with both my keyboard options or Settings/Display/Brightness
    and Color options. What must I do to enable my ability to manually adjust my screen brightness settings with both my keyboard options or Settings/Display/Brightness and Color options?

DiegoArias1, Feb 1, 2018
  3. M4ntis Win User
    Unable to asjust brightness windows 10

no matter what I do I am unable to adjust the brightness in my settings as the "adjust brightness" bar as shown in http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/change-screen-brightness. I have tried to fix this by:

• rolled back drives
    • updated drivers
    • disabled drivers
    • reinstalled drivers
    • updated windows 10
    • restarted computer
    • completely turned computer off and on
    • enabled adaptive brightness in power options
    • disabled adaptive brightness in power options
    None of the actions above has changed anything. How do I see the "adjust brightness" bar?

M4ntis, Feb 1, 2018
  4. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

You can try using this, it is in the control panel

Josey Wales, Feb 1, 2018
  5. Unfortunately it won't work!

thebritton, Feb 1, 2018
  6. Maybe you should run sfc /scannow from an elevated cmd prompt. Maybe that will help.

Josey Wales, Feb 1, 2018
  7. If you have not installed latest version of your laptop graphic card driver then download the latest graphic card drive from either your laptop manufacturer website or from graphic card manufacturer website.

Have you check the Control Panel --> Power Options applet at the bottom of Power Options applet there should be slider for setting screen brightness.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  8. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

What laptop do you have? You might be missing a power management driver. 1709 is incompatible with most.

TairikuOkami, Feb 1, 2018
  9. I can't currently run sfc as it needs to reboot to complete a repair first apparently. I can't currently reboot the laptop until at least later tonight unfortunately.

The latest version of graphics drivers are installed (Intel HD Graphics 520) and the laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 5368. All drivers are installed from Dell's website, along with a scan run with Driver Booster which returns that all drivers are up to date.

I've worked with Windows for years and I'm completely stumped.

thebritton, Feb 1, 2018
  10. You can try previous version of the graphic card driver maybe latest version is buggy.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  11. I've installed an older version of the graphics driver with no difference made, problem is with not being able to reboot I can't see if these changes are making a difference. Having said that, the problem has been there for the last few months during daily shut down/reboots.

thebritton, Feb 1, 2018
  12. You will need to reboot to see issue resolved, reboot when you can and please tell us the result.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  13. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

I will be doing later on. I'll let you know if there is any change.

I've also installed Dell QuickSet which was not previously installed, which has given me some power management options including "extended battery life" which I have now turned off to see if it gives me more options. I'm wondering if the tool disables particular options in order to try and get the best performance/battery life balance?

Not sure, I'll let you know when I find out more.

thebritton, Feb 1, 2018
  14. I don't think that utility cause the problem you can always restore default setting to see issue resolves.

If you haven't then please Open the Control Panel for Intel Graphics and try to change the screen brightness from Intel Graphics Control Panel.

FreeBooter, Feb 1, 2018
  15. I can modify the brightness there, but that is more the brightness of what is on the screen, not the screen itself.. if I change the brightness there everything becomes very dark or overexposed.

thebritton, Feb 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

1. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing? - Similar Threads - Brightness Options Missing

2. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive brightness option is missing.: Hi. I have an issue with my laptop's adaptive brightness feature. When I use my laptop and open a notepad in light mode, the brightness becomes too high. However, when I open a software with dark mode, the brightness turns too dark as well. I've seen the same question, but I...
  3. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adaptive brightness option is missing.: Hi. I have an issue with my laptop's adaptive brightness feature. When I use my laptop and open a notepad in light mode, the brightness becomes too high. However, when I open a software with dark mode, the brightness turns too dark as well. I've seen the same question, but I...
  4. Adaptive brightness option is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 adaptive brightness option missing: I just got a Dell Inspiron 7506 and there appears to be no option to change the fluctuating screen brightness when on battery power. there does not appear to be an option within the Intel Graphics Command Center to turn it off either, and using the command prompt listed on...
  6. Brightness Option missing

Brightness Option missing: Hello my brightness option is missing .. I have no brightness option is System > display and my physical buttons is also not helpful .. Tried solutions- 1 Reboot 2 reinstalling display driver 3 3rd party app And none of them work .. nothing is working Please...
  7. Missing adaptive brightness option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing adaptive brightness option: I have an HP Laptop Probook 450 G5. It got Intel 620 UHD graphics and Nvidia 930MX. I am currently running Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.778 on my laptop. My issue is when play any video in full screen on Microsoft Edge, it automatically increases the brightness to max, and...
  8. Adjust Brightness option is missing

Adjust Brightness option is missing: Windows brightness option was working till last month and now it is not showing, when i right click on power icon on right bottom it shows only power options and Windows Mobility Center. Driver for Display Adapter is already installed and working. Where do i find that option...
  9. Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing

Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing: Hello Guys, on my PC with latest windows (May Update) fresh install the brightness control is completely missing from any settings. I've tried to reinstall different graphics drivers, but nothing seems to work. Is there anything you can advise? Cheers! Steven...
  10. Brightness options completely missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness options completely missing: I have a Pavilion g6 2359 which usually is installed from recovery. Since I wanted to do clean Win10 install I chose to install from USB instead, missing all automated drivers ect from recovery. One thing that is really bothering me is I cannot adjust the brightness....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen brightness option missing windows 10

2. brightness and color option disappeared

3. missing screen brightness options

4. unable to see brightness option in windows 10 1903,
  5. why brightness option is missing when i installed new windows,
  6. adjust brightness option missing,
  7. no brightness options windows 10,
  8. win 10 64 bit pro brightness options,
  9. windows 10 no brightness option,
  10. brightness options missing windows 10,
  11. windows 10 brightness control missing,