Windows 10: Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games

Discus and support Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today I decided to uninstall some of the App-Games that were installed on my system. Among these were (as far as I recall the names) : - Soda Candy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marcusmundsieg, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games

Today I decided to uninstall some of the App-Games that were installed on my system.

Among these were (as far as I recall the names) :

- Soda Candy Crush

- Bubble Gems 3

- March of Empires: War of Lords

- and another one whose name I do not recall at all

I uninstalled them regularly via the Remove Apps option.

Nothing else was installed or removed.

Result after the next reboot :

- WLAN not working

- Sound not working (taskbar states that no sound device is present)

- various of the Controllcenter pages won't load or crash (e.g. Settings -> Network and Internet will produce a crashdump file like SystemSettings.exe.9576.dmp)

- Cortana has become unusable (doesn't react to what I type in)

- this component keeps produing crashdumps as well : Microsoft.Photos.exe.7820.dmp

So, what could have been broken by uninstalling these games coming from Microsoft or it's AppStore?

It seems like some central service or component goes rampage or doesn't come up at all due to that any more,

thus preventing me to put my system to any good use.

How to fix this?

:)

marcusmundsieg, Aug 19, 2018

2. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, *Smile

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games

microsoft game apps CAN'T uninstall

Hi Gloria,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Which are the games you would like to remove?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to uninstall?
    Example: Microsoft solitaire collection is the game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10. Follow the below steps to remove/uninstall the Microsoft solitaire collection from the Windows 10.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Apps and features from the system settings menu.
    • Locate and click on the Microsoft solitaire collection
      from the list of apps installed under the Apps and features.
    • Click on Uninstall. (click on Uninstall if any window prompts)
    By following the above steps, you may remove/uninstall any app/game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games

1. Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games - Similar Threads - broken uninstall pre

2. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  3. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Pre-installed apps on windows: When I formatted my laptop first of all window get deleted then after many trials window came back but it start showing window is not activated..Now after that, there are no windows default apps like Microsoft store, window media player, defender, etc etc.Please tell me how...
  4. No Pre-installed apps on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. PRE-INSTALLED GAMES ON WINDOWS 10

PRE-INSTALLED GAMES ON WINDOWS 10: Hi, I just bought a new Laptop 5 months ago and installed WINDOWS 10 on it. Before installing it I read about its features. One was that there are pre-installed games. But when I powered on there were no games I searched through the FILE EXPLORER and the PC thoroughly but no...
  6. Pre installed Apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e
  7. PRE-INSTALLED GAMES ON WINDOWS 10

PRE-INSTALLED GAMES ON WINDOWS 10: Hi, I just bought a new Laptop and installed WINDOWS 10 on it. Before installing it I read about its features. One was that there are pre-installed games. But when I powered on there were no games I searched through the FILE EXPLORER but no luck....
  8. Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken

Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken: I recently ran into a problem where my HP omen laptop was setting all my files on my internal ssd to read only and it would not let me take them out. After about 3-4 hours of trying to fix the problem I decided to give up and reset my pc with a clean install. However, my pc...
  9. You can soon uninstall more pre-installed Windows 10 apps

in Windows 10 News
    You can soon uninstall more pre-installed Windows 10 apps: Unlike Windows 7 or XP, Windows 10 ships with a bunch of apps pre-installed. While there are many useful apps such as Calculator, you might want to get rid of some pre-installed apps in Windows 10 if you don’t use them. For example, Windows 10 also ships with apps such as...
  10. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre-loaded games won't uninstall: I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks!...