Windows 10: Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access

Discus and support Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In Windows 10, I can access internet by Broswer easily but all other apps like Whatsapp not connected Also Network icon in Task Bar is No Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrMouslim, Feb 28, 2024.

1. MrMouslim Win User

Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access

In Windows 10, I can access internet by Broswer easily but all other apps like Whatsapp not connected Also Network icon in Task Bar is No Internet AccessBut I can access through broswer with no problemWhat can I do?

:)

MrMouslim, Feb 28, 2024
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy. I have tried the following:
    1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender) So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access

Unable to access internet connection with error: "Windows Sockets Registry entries required for network connectivity are missing " on Windows 10

Hi Dale,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to access internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know if you are using wired/ wireless internet connection?

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to connect to internet.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or
      Start Menu and type cmd in the search box.
    • Right-click Command Prompt or
      cmd in the search results and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.
    • Reboot your computer.

Step 2: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Internet Connection Troubleshooter
    find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access

1. Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access - Similar Threads - Broswer connected Internet

2. Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access: In Windows 10, I can access internet by Broswer easily but all other apps like Whatsapp not connected Also Network icon in Task Bar is No Internet AccessBut I can access through broswer with no problemWhat can I do?...
  3. Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Broswer connected but No Internet Access: In Windows 10, I can access internet by Broswer easily but all other apps like Whatsapp not connected Also Network icon in Task Bar is No Internet AccessBut I can access through broswer with no problemWhat can I do?...
  4. Cant open certain internet on any broswer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open certain internet on any broswer: I have contact internet service for help, but we couldnt find any reason why i couldnt open certain web. Currently i cant open certain web like canada computer rogers and most of the site. The website i am able to open are all google website and youtube. Currently it only...
  5. Cant open certain internet on any broswer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open certain internet on any broswer: I have contact internet service for help, but we couldnt find any reason why i couldnt open certain web. Currently i cant open certain web like canada computer rogers and most of the site. The website i am able to open are all google website and youtube. Currently it only...
  6. Broswer

in Cortana
    Broswer: After I logged into Microsoft, I haven't been able to use any other browser except for Microsoft edge. I have dealt with this for a couple months now and have been trying to switch to Google, or opera gx browser for a very long time now. Is there any way that I can fix this?...
  7. no internet access but connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no internet access but connected to the internet: [ATTACH] Why does not have access to the Internet! But I can explore and search! And I have access to all sites and pages! No Intenet Access!!! submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Cellular connected but no internet access

Windows 10 Cellular connected but no internet access: Hello Folks; I have a WWAN Modem on my laptop. Intel XMM 7560 LTE-Advanced Pro Cat16 - My driver is up to date - Firmware is up to date - Windows up to date Windows 10 20H2 19042.804 When I start on my computer, WWAN modem is connecting but I cannot access the...
  9. WiFi connected, but no internet access on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi connected, but no internet access on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Sometimes you connect to WiFi but you don’t have access to the internet. Your WiFi is available but a yellow triangular symbol appears on your […] This article WiFi connected, but no internet access on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection

Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection: Hello. Today, when i opened my PC i found out that i have "No internet connection". The last time i used it was last night, and it worked like a charm. The problem is from the software itself I guess because other devices seem to be working fine connected to the internet....