Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD and system crash/shutdown when playing games

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD and system crash/shutdown when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Issues started not long ago when I purchased a new gtx 750 ti graphics card. Get varied Bsod error messages such as video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gleame, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Gleame Win User

Windows 10 BSOD and system crash/shutdown when playing games

Issues started not long ago when I purchased a new gtx 750 ti graphics card. Get varied Bsod error messages such as video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys, and DPC_Watchdog_violation as well as one or two others. These issues present themselves upon starting of certain games. Specifically first person shooters but is rarely a problem for my most played game League of Legends. Very easily replicate-able as it happens everytime i start said games. Starts out as odd stretched lines and screen disturbances (spasm like textures and light shafts in game) and then black screen with sound followed by either display kernel crash message of my video driver or complete computer shutdown.

Also included below is a DxDiag system info save file.

:)

Gleame, Apr 10, 2016

2. BSoD

+ when i play other games i dont have BSoD i think i can recognize it mostly when im playing Division ,Dark Souls 3 these are the most problematic games they were even crashing but i tried to fix this crashes and i think i fixed it(by those steps above
    and in game changes +veryfing games files etc) because i can play longer without any crash but it makes BSoD + streaming with OBS.

MarioMoricz, Apr 10, 2016
  3. Bad_module_info has stopped work

I have the same problem trying to play a game. There are no files in the Minidump. As the OP stated the game crashes, not Windows. To be clear, we are not getting a BSOD or having a crash in windows 10. It seems windows is making the game we are trying to
    play crash and we get the "Bad_module_info has stopped working" message and game crashes.

The game I am trying to play is an MMO called Echo of Soul Phoenix. I was able to play the game before the recent Creator update. Game mode appears to be disabled for this game in Windows 10. I am running Windows 10 Home version 1709, build 16299.125.

DanielCraig1, Apr 10, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

Hi,

Welcome to the forums *Smile

Your last few BSOD's are all pointing towards: nvlddmkm.sys
    This is an Nvidia driver:

Code: 3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`180f0000 fffff800`18d15000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Feb 23 20:31:51 2016 (56CCB3A7) CheckSum: 00BEE1BE ImageSize: 00C25000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    There is a new version : 364.72 WHQL
    Release Date: 2016.3.28
    Also, make sure that your GPU is correctly mounted onto your motherboard.
    Confirm that everything is correctly set into place.

Course of action:

1) remove drivers with DDU (in safemode)
    2) Reinstall the latest drivers from the Nvidia website
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/100868/en-us

Report back, goodluck!

zztemp, Apr 10, 2016
  5. Gleame Win User
    Update : After following these steps I get a new set of visual disturbances. After trying out games again I get a confetti looking screen followed by my monitor going into sleep mode while my computer stays powered. Upon restarting I get bsod error "Video-scheduler-internal-error" and lines running across my screen of varied colors during start up that disappear when i reach login. Three latest logs are new.

Gleame, Apr 11, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    1st new dump, nvlddmkm.sys Mon Mar 21 21:44:53 2016 (56F0A395)

Last two new dumps, dxgmms2.sys Wed Feb 24 01:02:59 2016 (56CD4793)
    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)
    The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resulted
    in a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress.Still a Nvidia problem. I suggest trying some of the older drivers, see if that resolves the problem. If not maybe return the gtx 750 ti and get a different, non-Nvidia graphics card.

Ztruker, Apr 11, 2016
  7. razma Win User
    any luck with this issue? I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram and I am suddenly having crashes when playing games. I get a confetti like effect, giant white pixels on all screens, and my computer locks up. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried reinstalling Windows 10, I tried different pci slots, i tried changing settings from gen 3 to gen 2. Ive tried updating drivers for the 780 ti and the integrated gpu. I can't figure this out, it's been almost a week since I started having issues

razma, Apr 28, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 BSOD and system crash/shutdown when playing games - Similar Threads - BSOD system crash

2. System crash and shutdown while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash and shutdown while gaming: Hi,My PC suddenly shut downed Monitor went black with 2 seconds in-game music, ends with system notification sound "Windows Foreground.wav" yesterday while I was playing a game called Civiliazation VI. After system shutting down and monitor going black, the RGB lights and...
  3. Computer crashes when playing games on Windows BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when playing games on Windows BSOD: When I play games on my computer, I frequently get a BSOD. I have checked to make sure all my drivers are updated and the crash happens frequently, but intermittently. Any help would be really appreciated!One drive link below which has MiniDump...
  4. Computer crashes when playing games on Windows BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when playing games on Windows BSOD: When I play games on my computer, I frequently get a BSOD. I have checked to make sure all my drivers are updated and the crash happens frequently, but intermittently. Any help would be really appreciated!One drive link below which has MiniDump...
  5. System Shutdown while Playing a Game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Shutdown while Playing a Game: Here's a puzzle. Getting random system shutdowns, like the plug pulled out of the wall, instant, while playing 2 games, Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Horizon 4 at ultra settings Thought maybe an overheating problem, nope, ran CPUID while playing, cpu stays below 70, GPU stays...
  6. System Shutdown while Playing Games

System Shutdown while Playing Games: Problem: While gaming, my system just shuts down. More specifically, the display goes black, like it's been disconnected. The PC stays on. The Keyboard stops responding. Usually it's in a modded Minecraft game, an older version like 1.7.10. But it has also happened in...
  7. Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games

Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games: Initially I thought it was the problem of a specific game. But later on I found for all the games COD16, DOTA2, APEX, Satisfactory, Conan exile and so on I'm actively playing, either the system would crash bluescreen or the game itself would crash once I've played it for a...
  8. BSOD: Only crashes when playing games

BSOD: Only crashes when playing games: Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu,...
  9. Crashes/BSOD when playing games

Crashes/BSOD when playing games: As the title says, I am getting very frequent crashes and BSODs when I play games. When I am doing any less intensive tasks on my pc, everything is fine. The first 10 of the 12 months I've had this custom built pc were fine. Then, the BSODs and crashes started and have become...
  10. BSOD/crash playing games, memory error on shutdown

BSOD/crash playing games, memory error on shutdown: I recently bought and built myself a new gaming PC and have had a few issues with it. The first is that any time I shut down my computer after it was in sleep mode, it shows a memory error. The second is that with games, if I play long enough my computer either blue screens...