Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, From time to time I have ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD without relation to what I am doing on the laptop. As mentioned on some forums I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dimamak, Mar 17, 2017.

1. dimamak Win User

Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

Hi,
    From time to time I have ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD without relation to what I am doing on the laptop.
    As mentioned on some forums I have tried:
    • Check disk - everything OK
    • Check RAM - everything OK
    • Disable windows quick start
    • Update drivers
    But nothing helped.
    DM log collector file attached - Attachment 125613

:)

dimamak, Mar 17, 2017

2. BSOD Attempted_Switch_From_DPC

This has only happened in the last two weeks (Coincidentally after a Win 10 update)

Any and all help appreciated as this is really starting to get frustrating.

Logs are Crash Report

Really appreciate your time and help

UKRick1971, Mar 17, 2017
  3. BSOD Attempted_Switch_From_DPC

Hello,

There are several causes on why you are getting that error message:

• Incorrectly configured, old or corrupted drivers
    • Corruption on the Windows Registry
    • Driver conflicts after installing new hardware
    • Damaged or removed system files after installing a software or update

You can follow the methods below to solve your issue.

Method 1: Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a handy tool included with Windows that allows you scan and restore corruptions in Windows system files.

Method 2: Uninstall then reinstall your drivers by going to your manufacturer’s website for the latest drivers available

Give us update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

The latest dump from 3/18 at 3:48PM indicates a problem with snapman.sys.
    Code: BugCheck B8, {fffff800467d2940, ffffe0041ec597c0, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 )[/quote] Driver Description: Acronis True Image Snapshot Manager driver also included in Seagate DiscWizard
    Driver Update Site: Support: Customer Service & Support - Acronis
    Download: Customer Service & Support - Acronis

What you have is very old: 06-Oct-06 4:43:53 PM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys
    Uninstall Acronis, see if that resolves the problem.

Ztruker, Mar 17, 2017
  5. dimamak Win User
    Thank you. I will try it now and see if it helps

dimamak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Similar Threads - BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

2. BSOD crash after installed proper drivers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crash after installed proper drivers.: On Sun 9/15/2019 10:06:10 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091519-11734-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (0xFFFFF8054E615BEB) Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFC029FA1F748B, 0x0,...
  3. Random hard reboots after upgrading CPU, MOBO and RAMs (BugcheckCode 278, no BSODs).

Random hard reboots after upgrading CPU, MOBO and RAMs (BugcheckCode 278, no BSODs).: Hello. I recently upgraded my CPU, MOBO and RAMs. I also upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've enabled Game Boost & XMP profile in the BIOS and left all the other settings on optimized defaults. I'm having some weird issues with random hard reboots. Screen goes black...
  4. Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home BSOD: My Dell Inspiron 15 is unable to get me to the login screen. It will sometimes turn on except for the scree which stays off, get me to the Dell logo screen and not load, or it will give me a BSOD with error code 0xc0000428, much like this:...
  5. I'VE HAD IT. BSOD CONSTANTLY, how do I find the bad driver?

I'VE HAD IT. BSOD CONSTANTLY, how do I find the bad driver?: As I was typing this post I got an IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL BSOD!! I've posted here before about BSOD issues and just when I think I've fixed them I still get them. Usually the IRQL one or a KERNEL related one (KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE was the most recent). HOW do I stop...
  6. BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

BSOD Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap: Dump File 091419-10703-01.dmp Crash Time 9/14/2019 10:28:13 AM Bug Check String UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP Bug Check Code 0x0000007f Parameter 1 00000000`00000008 Parameter 2 ffffac00`6a896090 Parameter 3 ffffd385`1e454ff0 Parameter 4 fffff804`08ee3dab Caused By Driver...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe: 091219-7687-01.dmp 9/12/2019 10:08:14 PM Bug Check Code: 0x00000109 Parameter 1: a39fc661`1fc05504 Parameter 2: b3b6d2e7`723e9db5 Parameter 3: fffff805`84effe20 Parameter 4: 00000000`00000001 Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe Caused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0...
  8. BSOD When Running Multiple Netflix Tabs In FireFox?

BSOD When Running Multiple Netflix Tabs In FireFox?: Hi I recently keep getting blue screen of death and I narrowed it down to when I run multiple netflix tabs opened then it freezes for a mini second and suddenly a bsod appears. I have tried DDU and reinstalling the graphic driver , sfc scannow. The BSOD error details is...
  9. BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC )

BSOD (Attempted_switch_from_DPC ): Hello everybody.! I would appreciate any help. Started getting BSOD(Attempted_Switch_From_DPC) almost every other day and I've paid attention that this usually happens when laptop is idle. My laptop is a month and a half old and it shipped with 8GB DDR4 ram soldered in...
  10. Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc

Bsod attempted_switch_from_dpc: Hi, the problem I am having is this... When I put my laptop to sleep (by closing the lid, selecting sleep from the start menu or using f4) it seems to go to sleep as it should but when I wake the laptop up, the HDD light flickers as it should and the wireless light comes on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attempted switch from dpc windows 10