Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, From time to time I have ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD without relation to what I am doing on the laptop. As mentioned on some forums I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dimamak, Mar 17, 2017.

1. dimamak Win User

Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

Hi,
    From time to time I have ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC BSOD without relation to what I am doing on the laptop.
    As mentioned on some forums I have tried:
    • Check disk - everything OK
    • Check RAM - everything OK
    • Disable windows quick start
    • Update drivers
    But nothing helped.
    DM log collector file attached - Attachment 125613

:)

dimamak, Mar 17, 2017

2. BSOD Attempted_Switch_From_DPC

This has only happened in the last two weeks (Coincidentally after a Win 10 update)

Any and all help appreciated as this is really starting to get frustrating.

Logs are Crash Report

Really appreciate your time and help

UKRick1971, Mar 17, 2017
  3. BSOD Attempted_Switch_From_DPC

Hello,

There are several causes on why you are getting that error message:

• Incorrectly configured, old or corrupted drivers
    • Corruption on the Windows Registry
    • Driver conflicts after installing new hardware
    • Damaged or removed system files after installing a software or update

You can follow the methods below to solve your issue.

Method 1: Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a handy tool included with Windows that allows you scan and restore corruptions in Windows system files.

Method 2: Uninstall then reinstall your drivers by going to your manufacturer’s website for the latest drivers available

Give us update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

The latest dump from 3/18 at 3:48PM indicates a problem with snapman.sys.
    Code: BugCheck B8, {fffff800467d2940, ffffe0041ec597c0, 0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 )[/quote] Driver Description: Acronis True Image Snapshot Manager driver also included in Seagate DiscWizard
    Driver Update Site: Support: Customer Service & Support - Acronis
    Download: Customer Service & Support - Acronis

What you have is very old: 06-Oct-06 4:43:53 PM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys
    Uninstall Acronis, see if that resolves the problem.

Ztruker, Mar 17, 2017
  5. dimamak Win User
    Thank you. I will try it now and see if it helps

dimamak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Similar Threads - BSOD ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

2. BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD with the error message in title every time my laptop wakes up from a hibernate mode. My laptop model is a Lenovo Thinkpad L13 Yoga with model no. 21FR-CT01WW, and I'm on the 22H2 version of Windows 11 Pro. Following some advice on other forums,...
  3. BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC: Hello, I've been getting a BSOD with the error message in title every time my laptop wakes up from a hibernate mode. My laptop model is a Lenovo Thinkpad L13 Yoga with model no. 21FR-CT01WW, and I'm on the 22H2 version of Windows 11 Pro. Following some advice on other forums,...
  4. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...: Today I've experienced a BSOD while using my computer - when trying to use Video for Teams/Zoom. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to...
  5. BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...

BSOD: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC - Seems to be webcam related as it happens when I access...: Today I've experienced a BSOD while using my computer - when trying to use Video for Teams/Zoom. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to...
  6. BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC": Hi.This afternoon, I encountered a sudden BSOD whilst browsing which has never occurred before with the error code ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC. In the past few hours it has not reoccurred but doing a check using a 3rd party tool highlighted "ntoskrnl.exe" as being the cause of...
  7. BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC"

BSOD "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC": Hi.This afternoon, I encountered a sudden BSOD whilst browsing which has never occurred before with the error code ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC. In the past few hours it has not reoccurred but doing a check using a 3rd party tool highlighted "ntoskrnl.exe" as being the cause of...
  8. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...: Hello, after numerous hours of searching online and loosing hope, i come here to see if i can get any answer.I am currently running Windows 10The past year i have been building my new PC, some parts every other month. About 3 weeks ago i changed my cabinet and got a new M.2...
  9. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...: Hello, after numerous hours of searching online and loosing hope, i come here to see if i can get any answer.I am currently running Windows 10The past year i have been building my new PC, some parts every other month. About 3 weeks ago i changed my cabinet and got a new M.2...
  10. BSOD happening frequently after building new pc ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC /...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attempted switch from dpc windows 10