Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD Caused by mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll?

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD Caused by mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The last major change I did on my computer was update my graphics card drivers but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I did update my bios a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sergster1, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Sergster1 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD Caused by mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll?

The last major change I did on my computer was update my graphics card drivers but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I did update my bios a while back and had BSOD problems due to the gigabyte software but I've since removed it and haven't had any issues in a while.

:)

Sergster1, Apr 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by "ntkrnlmp.exe"

Related to iaStorA.sys Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver from Intel Corp.

Completely remove the current driver and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers by my partner JMH3143 here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 2, 2016
  3. Subhan.H Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by "ntkrnlmp.exe"

Have previously been having problems with my laptop starting with the fact that it was taking a long time (5 minutes plus) to boot and also a while to log in and turn off. I was on Windows 8.1 and also got the message that an Intel program was having a problem
    (Intel Rapid Start) and also has a number of BSODs although I never checked the cause and presumed it was down to the Intel driver/program. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 (out of fear of losing the upgrade) and then clean my laptop and start again however
    after having done this, I am still getting the BSOD. I have no idea what to currently do and so have uploaded the dump as I think is necessary and also run the Who's Crashed program for more details.

It's also worth noting that previously I did have a small SSD (32GB) that was used for caching purposes for Windows 8.1 and worked perfectly up until last week. I actually thought at the time the driver problem on Windows 8.1 was linked with that as previously
    the laptop would boot within 30 seconds due to the SSD however I am not sure this is the case (as Windows 10 doesn't even recognize the SSD never mind allow me to use it for caching purposes)

Any help is massively appreciated.

Link to dump: Dumps.zip

Computer Details:

Computer name: SUBHAN

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: K56CA, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz Intel586, level: 6

4 logical processors, active mask: 15

RAM: 8470003712 bytes total

Crash Details:

On Mon 01/02/2016 00:14:02 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020116-148687-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE00103FB5060, 0xFFFFF8028B13D990, 0xFFFFE00104367B40)

Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Subhan.H, Apr 2, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

It seems that it is the problem.
    Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff801033a2eaa, ffffd000206659e0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+92eaa ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] nvlddmkm.sys is the nvidia graphics driver. And some latest drivers are causing BSOD issues to some users.

Better you downgrade the graphics driver.

Let us know how it goes. Report us for any further BSOD.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 BSOD Caused by mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll? - Similar Threads - BSOD Caused mcupdate_GenuineIntel

2. What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is causing this nvgpucomp64.dll crash: So I had to rebuild my pc as I was getting low fps s d the shop I got my parts from needed me to take out my parts so they could bench test itSince I've put it back together I'm getting nvgpucomp64.dll crashesI've tried the following to fix it and it's still happeningRest...
  3. msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11: is msvcr71.dll supported on Windows 11 ?We are running a VFP9SP2 app using OFFICE365 2019 32-bit version Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20848 32-bit and it crashes on that file - Error is Faulting module name: MSVCR71.dll, version:...
  4. msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msvcr71.dll causing crash in Windows 11: is msvcr71.dll supported on Windows 11 ?We are running a VFP9SP2 app using OFFICE365 2019 32-bit version Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20848 32-bit and it crashes on that file - Error is Faulting module name: MSVCR71.dll, version:...
  5. BSOD Windows 10 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Windows 10 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi,I am having issues trying to figure out what is causing the BSOD. The error that usually pops up is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I've tried:-Updating graphic drivers-Tried sfc /scannow-Reinstalled WindowsDump Files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgIB7BUdxFFkhG5P2BalDDLtSnjP?e=N4EjucAny...
  6. Windows 10 1903 causes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 causes BSOD: A few months ago after upgrading to Windows 10 1903, I was getting BSOD at a very high frequency (several times a day). They would happen at any moment. I got some on the login screen, when opening the windows menu, when playing games, when browsing the internet, or when...
  7. Windows 10 bsod caused by driver

Windows 10 bsod caused by driver: Hello I followed the wiki on using verifier to find the cause of a bsod that randomly appeared. Idk if I jumped the gun because it was the first time ever seeing it. Anywho verifier did find a faulty driver and I have my 3 minidump files zipped and am not sure who to share...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD caused by SnippingTool.exe ?!

Windows 10 BSOD caused by SnippingTool.exe ?!: The Win10 Snipping Tool seems to be blue-screening several of our PCs! Any ideas why? Dump log below: Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.132 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Temp\Dump...
  9. windows 10 update causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 update causes BSOD: I have been getting the BSOD daily since May when a Feature Update was installed 5/15/18 on my machine. It was referred to as Windows 10 version 1803. Since then when i have more than one window open i can count on getting the BSOD with the Stop Code: Driver IRQL not less or...
  10. Windows 10 Update Causing BSODs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Causing BSODs: Hi, I recently purchased a used Dell Latitude e5570 with Windows 10 Pro. Version 1803 OS Build 17134.286 Intel i7-6600U, 16 GB RAM, 64bit processor I used it normally for about two days before it automatically started an update. After the update several issues appeared....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mcupdate_genuineintel bsod

2. mcupdate genuineintel bsod