Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD - Driver / Memory Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD - Driver / Memory Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, PC has been crashing more and more frequently. Was happening roughly once daily but now is increasing to multiple times daily. I have uploaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArcticBlue, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Windows 10 BSOD - Driver / Memory Issues

Hello,
    PC has been crashing more and more frequently. Was happening roughly once daily but now is increasing to multiple times daily. I have uploaded the diagnostic file for review.
    The BSOD message varies from BAD_POOL_HEADER to IRQ conflict to Memory Error. There doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to it.

I'm Running Windows 10 Pro with an AMD Phenom II 1100T, 8 G of RAM and Gigabyte motherboard.

It seems to have a problem with driver conflicts. When I run the driver verifier program it crashes except when in Safe Mode. I've also noticed that the connection to my wireless HP printer continually fails. It works again when I turn the printer off and then back on. I don't know if this is related.

Thanks in advance.
    JAM

:)

ArcticBlue, Jun 6, 2017
  2. J. C. Griffith - jcgriff2, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Sinewx Win User
    Killer Wireless network causing bsod, can't uninstall (Killer Wireless n1102)

Recently upgraded to windows 10. first bsod fwpckw.sys occured when manager wanted to run a speed test and I let it. I restarted and tried to go on, but bsod(driver_irql, memory exception, memoryexecute_nomemory) started happening intermittently.

Tried uninstalling wireless manager software and install new version. Bsod. Tried uninstalling in safe mode. bsod. Took several BSODs to even get into safe mode, for a period restarting comp led to bsod.

uninstalled driver and tried to uninstall manager bsod. Now I don't even have access to internet on the laptop. No new drivers for windows 10 available, only a the manager suite.

What do?

Sinewx, Jun 6, 2017
  4. Windows 10 BSOD - Driver / Memory Issues

Hi,
    Most of the bsod dumps are corrupted. The only one which is ok shows avast as the culprit:

Code: 0x00000139: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (31.05.2017 21:38:37) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption aswSP.sys [28.04.2017] * avast Self Protection Driver * => http://support.avast.com/ aswMonFlt.sys [28.04.2017] * avast File System Minifilter Driver * => http://support.avast.com/ aswbidsdrivera.sys [20.04.2017] PROCESS: svchost.exe[/quote]
    1. Please remove Avast and use Windows Defender instead for testing:
    Avast Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal 2. Please remove the Software Easy Tune 6. Its known for causing bluescreens

3. Theres a chance that your Harddisk is defective too. Please check this HDD:

Windows 10 BSOD - Driver / Memory Issues [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    HDD TEST

Run HDTune to check health and scan for errors.

Note It may take some time, but look for signs of any errors or failure.

You can also run a disk check using chkdsk. Refer to the tutorial for details of how to do this.

BSODHunter, Jun 6, 2017
  5. I completed these steps and will see how it goes. So far there have been no crashes. The HDD scan shows that it's error free.
    Thanks again.

ArcticBlue, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Alright, let us know if you have problems again.

BSODHunter, Jun 7, 2017
  7. My system is much more stable but I'm still having some BSOD issues and random hangs, etc. I have attached the latest files for review.
    Thanks

ArcticBlue, Jun 14, 2017
  8. Windows 10 BSOD - Driver / Memory Issues

Can you provide us with the kernel memory dump please? Its located in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.
    You can upload it to an cloud service like dropbox or onedrive.

BSODHunter, Jun 19, 2017
  9. After analysing your dumps I think the RAM could be the cause now. You should check it:

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Jun 25, 2017
  10. Here's the screen shot of the Memory test. It looks like that's the culprit. Does it tell you whether it's the memory or the socket? And which one?
    Thanks

Attachment 141903

ArcticBlue, Jun 29, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    The memtest with any error demonstrates a problem with RAM and or DIMM. With an error you would then test one RAM at a time for at least 8 runs. Once you have one RAM that passes you then have one good RAM and one good DIMM. Then you can test the rest of the RAM in the same DIMM. And once you have a good RAM you can move it to other DIMM to test the DIMM. It's time consuming so the testing is best done overnight.

For the rest of the testing see if you can use the latest edition of Memtest86+, version 5.01: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

This is information on memory testing: Memory problems. - Microsoft Community

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD - Driver / Memory Issues

1. Windows 10 BSOD - Driver / Memory Issues - Similar Threads - BSOD Driver Memory

2. Memory Issues and BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Issues and BSoD: Hi Guys,I upgraded my CPU from 5700G to 5950x. Got a 4070Ti and also ASUS Loki 1000W.I was getting some CPU related logs after 3-4 months of usage. I did all clean fresh reset and install but then I started getting Memory Check Exception and restarts.I'm not able to debug the...
  3. Memory Issues and BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Issues and BSoD: Hi Guys,I upgraded my CPU from 5700G to 5950x. Got a 4070Ti and also ASUS Loki 1000W.I was getting some CPU related logs after 3-4 months of usage. I did all clean fresh reset and install but then I started getting Memory Check Exception and restarts.I'm not able to debug the...
  4. BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?: So I'm having something similar to this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bsod/9fbc0959-be75-4541-b1c8-0ba69be3073c But I do not have the technical chops to make proper sense of the dump logs, which I've put here:...
  5. BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?

BSOD and general instability Windows 10 - possible memory issue?: So I'm having something similar to this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bsod/9fbc0959-be75-4541-b1c8-0ba69be3073c But I do not have the technical chops to make proper sense of the dump logs, which I've put here:...
  6. Memory Integrity and Driver issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Integrity and Driver issues.: So when i launched my computer today i got a popup saying Program Compatibility Assistant, A driver cannot load on this device, Driver :ene.sys and a learn more button which when clicked takes me to a microsoft help page. Then on the page its telling me "Go to the Core...
  7. Memory Integrity and Driver issues.

Memory Integrity and Driver issues.: So when i launched my computer today i got a popup saying Program Compatibility Assistant, A driver cannot load on this device, Driver :ene.sys and a learn more button which when clicked takes me to a microsoft help page. Then on the page its telling me "Go to the Core...
  8. Windows memory integrity issue - no incompatible drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows memory integrity issue - no incompatible drivers: Memory integrity can't be turned on due to driver incompatibilities but when i click on Review incompatible drivers to see which ones are the problem nothing is shown there....
  9. Windows memory integrity issue - no incompatible drivers

Windows memory integrity issue - no incompatible drivers: Memory integrity can't be turned on due to driver incompatibilities but when i click on Review incompatible drivers to see which ones are the problem nothing is shown there....
  10. Windows 10 freezing - all drivers are updated, no drive issues, no memory issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing - all drivers are updated, no drive issues, no memory issues: I have been facing issues with my windows 10. It's freezing suddenly sometimes. I tried troubleshooting steps mentioned on many websites, but none of them work. Windows 10 and all the drivers are updated. No memory issues or disk issues. Updated virtual memory size to 1.5...