Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD - Error Code 0xC000021A. Unable to boot to desktop, cannot boot into safe...

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD - Error Code 0xC000021A. Unable to boot to desktop, cannot boot into safe... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently tried to update Windows on my desktop computer after about 2 months (I was away from home), and I ran into some errors while updating. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenjaminMartin2, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 BSOD - Error Code 0xC000021A. Unable to boot to desktop, cannot boot into safe...

I recently tried to update Windows on my desktop computer after about 2 months (I was away from home), and I ran into some errors while updating. The update failed, but I was able to reboot and reach the desktop. However, I got a popup that would repeatedly appear on my screen, giving me error code 0xC000012F. I attempted to fix it by going into the Admin Command Prompt and running sfc /scannow, and rebooting. But when I rebooted I received the BSOD with error code 0xC000021A, and Windows restarted several times attempting to automatically diagnose and fix the issue. It was unsuccessful, and it gave me the option for troubleshooting.

Since then I have tried countless different methods to successfully boot, all of which have failed. I have tried chkdsk /f /r, sfc /scannow, multiple different bootrec commands, dism commands, trying to revert to a previous update, trying to create a backup to boot to, etc. I am unable to boot into any form of safe mode, and I can't even reset my PC (the operation fails and just sends me back to the troubleshooting options).

I'm at a loss here. None of the tutorials I have tried have been successful, and I would appreciate any and all help. It's worth noting that my computer is a custom built machine rather than a prebuilt PC. I did not attempt to download any new software since returning to using my desktop, as far as I am aware this was triggered from trying to update Windows. The last time I updated Windows was on 5/27/2018. I do still have my copy of Windows 10 and I am able to access the troubleshooting menu that way, but as far as I can tell it's just the same options that I get when the automatic repair fails.

:)

BenjaminMartin2, Jul 10, 2018
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Windows 10 Pro Error 0xc000021a - can't boot in safe mode

This help?

Video

• Video Output
      graphics adapter
    • Graphics Processor
      VIA Chrome9 HC
    Graphics

• Graphics Controller
      VIA Chrome9 HC
    • Memory Allocation Technology
      Shared video memory (UMA)

ASUS P5VD2-VM Specs

Also, look in Device Manager and see what's here:

Windows 10 BSOD - Error Code 0xC000021A. Unable to boot to desktop, cannot boot into safe... [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Stop code 0xc000021a BSOD

Hi,

The blue screen with the stop code 0xc000021a error that you've encountered can be triggered due to corrupted or missing registry files. To effectively assist you with your concern, we suggest that you boot your device in Safe Mode trough the Windows Recovery
    Environment. Here are the steps on how to trigger Safe Mode:

• Turn on your computer.
    • When the Windows logo appear, unplug the power source of your computer.
    • Perform this step three times. On the fourth time, wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

Once you're done, wait for your device to turn on and check if you encounter the same issue.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jul 10, 2018
  4. silvia Win User

Windows 10 BSOD - Error Code 0xC000021A. Unable to boot to desktop, cannot boot into safe...

Windows 10 Pro Error 0xc000021a - can't boot in safe mode

Until now, I've found this info (I'm having trubles finding information about the graphic card):

Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    CPU:Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. P5VD2-VM version:1.XX
    Memory:
    Capacity:21474838 Memorytype:21 Speed:667

Hard Disk: SanDisk SDSSDP128G
    WDC WD10EARX-00N0YB0

Antivitus: NOD32 Antivirus
    Browser: Mozilla Firefox

silvia, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD - Error Code 0xC000021A. Unable to boot to desktop, cannot boot into safe...

1. Windows 10 BSOD - Error Code 0xC000021A. Unable to boot to desktop, cannot boot into safe... - Similar Threads - BSOD Error Code

2. BSOD - Error Code 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Error Code 0xc000021a: Over the past couple of weeks, my computer has been bluescreening with the error code "0xc000021a" each time. At first I thought it was something that could be fixed with a simple hard reset of my computer, but unfortunately, it later bluescreened again. It seems that each...
  3. Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode

Stop Code Error & Unable to Boot into Safe Mode: Hi, My partner has been encountering some issues with his PC for a little than a month and we feel like we are hitting a brick wall with finding a resolution. Firstly, upon starting up the PC we are met with the blue screen of death and a Stop Code error. Upon following...
  4. 0xc000021a Error Windows boot

0xc000021a Error Windows boot: hello everyone i have windows 10 computer but won't boot because 0xc000021a appear on screen. how can i fix it? sorry my bad english : i added screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  5. BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code: Recently on November 12 2019 I turned on my computer and it started just fine but then only a half hour after turning it on my computer suddenly went to the BSoD with the error code 0xc000021a and now it is stuck on this bsod I've tried all the recovery options it gives you...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Error 0xc000021a - can't boot in safe mode

Windows 10 Pro Error 0xc000021a - can't boot in safe mode: Hi, yesterday I was using my PC when all of a sudden it froze and I foolishly turned off the electricity. Once I turned it on, the blue screen and "error 0xc000021a" appeared. I tried everything, even (in prompt command) Dism, sfc/ scannow, chk disk /f /r,...
  7. Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A

Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A: I have a bootable USB with Windows 10, and another hard-drive plugged in running Windows 7. I have used the W7 boot to save my personal files which is lucky. What I have tried: - Boot to safe mode, disable driver signature - Bootable USB -> "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\...
  8. BSOD 0xc000021a - Cannot boot Win 10 at all

BSOD 0xc000021a - Cannot boot Win 10 at all: Hi Everyone. Hopefully I can resolve this... I've tried everything to sort this out but nothing so far has yielded any positive results. I cannot boot my Win 10 Pro at all. All efforts result in the error C00021a. We can go into what I've done if you like (no problem...
  9. Cannot boot. Is error 0xc000021a unsolvable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot. Is error 0xc000021a unsolvable?: Hi I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and it was working fine for a few days but now whenever I try to boot it up I get BSOD with error code . I've tried the following 'fixes': System restore --- Runs for a few minutes and then says "Could not restore your...
  10. Windows 10 cannot boot--No error code.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 cannot boot--No error code.: Hi I am having issues booting up Windows 10, I have tried doing a factory reset while keeping my files unfortunately I am unable to do that. I have also followed some advice from research and I have had no luck. Any help would be great, I just need to get my files off. 88203
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc000021a cant access safe mode

2. windows 10 unable to boot 0xc000021a

3. 0xc0000821a windows unable to boot