Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Tenforums! I had to make an account just to get help with this. It's been a real pain finding any information. This BSOD just started 2 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LittleDansonGuy, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming

Hello, Tenforums!

I had to make an account just to get help with this. It's been a real pain finding any information. This BSOD just started 2 days ago. I have pretty much completely change my PC setup. Most everything is new. I have a new Mobo, RAM, GTX 1070, mouse and keyboard. The things that remained were pretty much a 775W PSU and my C Disk hard drive.

This has happened mostly from playing games like Overwatch and World of Warcraft. I have a feeling it could be mouse related, because when I click the same mouse button a few times, the BSOD occurs. Just a guess, however. Also, the BSOD goes to a smaller resoluiton, if that matters. I use 1440p, and it think it goes down to about a 900x resolution.

Thank you for any help.

*I think there is 1 dump file in the zip that is pretty old, from like March. I'm more concerned about the dump files from 6/29-7/1.

:)

LittleDansonGuy, Jun 30, 2016
  2. OnyxT Win User

Sudden increase in Windows 10 BSODs after updates around 9/7/2017

It doesn't seem to be crashing in safe mode, but I can't do most of the stuff I'd do normally in safe mode.

For now, I've gotten 2 more BSODs today. One was after the usual exiting a game scenario (this time the Runescape client) with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to intelppm.sys. The second was when I woke up my monitors after they'd turned off due to inactivity,
    but my PC had not yet gone to sleep. That generated an IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL stop code. I have no peripherals to speak of aside from a USB hub and my mouse and keyboard. I've removed the hub and will see if I get errors now.

Another KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related to intelppm.sys BSOD. This is happening pretty reliably when I exit the Runescape client. I have now had a restart without the hub connected, so I'm assuming the drivers are fully unloaded. Will now see if I get another
    BSOD after exiting a game.

Just got another KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, but this time it didn't say that intelppm.sys was what failed. It just had the stop code, no other information. This was with my USB hub disconnected. This BSOD was delayed by a minute or two after exiting a game.

I'm now up to 4 more BSODs in the span of about an hour. Sometimes they're delayed, like this most recent one, but other times they're immediately after exiting a game. More perplexing is that there was a period where I started and exited Overwatch and Runescape
    about two dozen times, but no BSOD occurred after exiting, or even after a delay.

Edit: And now I've had another IRQL BSOD while playing a game, not after exiting.

OnyxT, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Taklop Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD (driver irql, clock watchdog)

I have a relatively new system running W10. When I first got it around 6 months ago it would BSOD and I thought nothing of it as the hardware was brand new and so was the OS, and as such expected a few teething issues.

However, the issues still continue. My PC BSODs at various times, specifically : while playing games (Rust and Diablo, but also a few others), and also more occasionally at boot. (Causing the system to reboot again).

While playing games it BSODs frequently, often hourly or even more frequently than that.

These BSODs are mostly: driver irql_less_or_not_equal, or clock watchdog timeout.

All my drivers are up to date, and so is my windows installation.

I've tried running stress tests and memory diagnostics, and it doesn't seem to be a hardware fault.

What do I do?

Taklop, Jun 30, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming

Hi @LittleDansonGuy.

Most of your recent issues are 0x7F with EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT; and there is a 0x5C (HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED).
    So there is a fair chance that some hardware element is causing the issue there.

The first suspect is your Razer DeathAdder keyboard/Mouse.
    Code: ffffd000`5a0ab198 fffff801`0c4911a4Unable to load image VKbms.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VKbms.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VKbms.sys VKbms+0x11a4[/quote] How old those are? The indication is there that they are too old to work with Windows 10 properly.
    Code: Image name: VKbms.sys Timestamp: Thu Sep 30 21:46:33 2010 (4CA4B7E1)[/quote] The driver is too old for Windows 10. Seh for any possible update. Razer Support
    Let us know what you get.

The OnBoard LAN driver is also failing.
    Code: ffffd000`5a0a9e48 fffff801`0e0a8c4cUnable to load image rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0x18c4c -------------------------------------------------------------- Image name: rt640x64.sys Timestamp: Wed Oct 07 20:33:55 2015 (5615345B)[/quote] Update it to 10.8.311.2016 dated 2016-06-16. Support For Z170-A PRO | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

Let us know how these two goes. We may need to go for further troubleshooting if situation demands.

5. Thanks for that quick reply! I updated the LAN drivers and uninstalled the Razer mouse drivers. Haven't used that for some time anyhow.

I will be in touch with how things go from here. For now, I am extremely grateful for your help. You guys are great!

LittleDansonGuy, Jun 30, 2016
  6. Looks like I got another HAL error. I have included that newest dump (dated 07/02) in the new debug folder. I made the changes noted in your previous post. Looks like we'll have to dig deeper here...

If I failed to mention, this is also a new occurrence. Everything worked fine for a good week and a half. I also can't System Restore. It always gives me an error saying it couldn't roll back.

I will mention again that this is strictly only occurring during video gaming, if that is any strong indicator. I have also run the Intel Processor Test and that passed. I also ran 6 passes of Memtest86 with no errors for my 16GB RAM. Any extra help would be appreciated.

--07/03--
    Editing this post to include yet another crash. This time I looked at BlueScreenViewer and saw that this new BSOD could have been a result of a storport.sys. I'll leave the complete analytics up to you all. However, things seems to be getting quicker. Some BSODs take a few hours, but they are coming at a pace of about 15-30 minutes while playing a video game.

Thanks for the help again.

LittleDansonGuy, Jul 2, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I see you updated the network driver. But it is still flagged.
    Code: ffffd000`9342a7d8 fffff800`b8d74802Unable to load image rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0xd4802 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Image name: rt640x64.sys Timestamp: Fri Mar 11 11:27:50 2016 (56E25E5E)[/quote] This is the only thing that is clearly flagged in the last crash dump.

You said about storport .... so I checked ..... there are some raw stack items about storport .....
    Code: ffffd000`9342a718 fffff800`b76373f6 storport!RaidCheckPerProcessorCompletions+0x76 ffffd000`9342a748 fffff800`b7633ba1 storport!RaidStartIoPacket+0x3e1 ffffd000`9342a8b8 fffff800`b7678000 storport!WPP_GLOBAL_Control[/quote] As far as I can see, it seems that your system is not a RAID one. Is it actually? Let us know.

And some entries pointing to the keyboard/mouse as well ....
    Code: ffffd000`9342b538 fffff800`b9b42000 HIDCLASS!HidpInterruptReadComplete+0x750 ffffd000`9342b550 fffff800`b9b56200 HIDCLASS!WPP_343ddaa2f0f2144f41b75a2a5425abbf_Traceguids[/quote] Which apparently should not be there after taking care about the Razer thing.

Now I have some questions for you?

First, why are you using some ASUS bloatwares on a MSI motherboard?
    Was the previous board an ASUS one, and the current installation is actually not a clean installation?
    Explain it properly, because this would be one key information here. Have you performed a clean installation after changing the motherboard?

Second .... are you overclocking?
    Code: MaxSpeed: 4000 CurrentSpeed: 4008[/quote] Let us know. This will be another key information.

8. Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming

I did not do a clean install. Is that perhaps the answer? I can try to do that when I find some time this week. That would explain the ASUS bloatware, because my previous Mobo was an AMD ASUS board. As for the KB&M, I'm unsure as to why it still exists even after the uninstall of the drivers...

Not sure how I can go about ensuring that the LAN driver gets installed either. I ran it, it said new driver installing and then I restarted, so that's odd that it is appearing again.

I also am not actively trying to overclock. Is that perhaps a voltage issue? Or a faulty CPU issue? I've never adjusted the BIOS to allow for faster than 4.00GHz.

LittleDansonGuy, Jul 3, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Please perform a clean install. Because the mismatch drivers carried forward from the previous motherboard may cause all the issues there.

If it goes the same even after a clean install, then further troubleshooting will be a must. So let us know the situation after a clean install.

10. So... clean intsall... fire up WoW and still getting BSODs. Not sure what could possibly be going on here. Is there just bad drivers right off the bat from a fresh install?

These are the two new BSODs I encountered after letting Windows catch up with updates and the like. Thanks for your help.

LittleDansonGuy, Jul 4, 2016
  11. ARC
    Arc Win User
    In those two dumps, it is again the network driver that is th only flagged driver.
    Code: ffffd000`d7bf11b8 fffff800`2a79a305Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0x6a305[/quote] Which gives an indication that something is using the network abnormally. If it is the WoW game, then we can say that the game is so called poorly coded .... it causes network and graphics related glitches a lot.
    If it behaves the same outside that game, then .... one network usage is common between your previous and current installation. Google Chrome AutoLaunch.
    Code: GoogleChromeAutoLaunch_2C7C08ACC7DE94D8A4468D1F14464A81, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --no-startup-window /prefetch:5[/quote] Please perform a Clean Boot in order to make it sure that some unnecessary background program/service is not causing the issue.

At the next step we will go for hardware testing.

12. With the clean boot, Windows doesn't even give me the courtesy of a dump file. It just crashes and automatically restarts.

I will install this driver version on this new clean install and see if I can't get another dump file...

This is just frustrating to me. I cannot fathom where the issues are popping up.

13. Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming

This is my last try for the night. Here is a new dump file. Intelppm.sys is back as the BSOD title. I literally just updated that LAN driver, and this dump shows that still the rt640x64 is the culprit.

I just don't know what to do here. I personally thank you, Arc, for being so diligent with this.

This is still during a clean boot phase.

14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Hi @LittleDansonGuy.

Please try the network driver from here? *Arrow Realtek

Get the first one of the list .... Attachment 88419
    I think it should work for your device .... because it works on this MSI device as the description says.
    Code: %RTL8168.DeviceDesc% = RTL8168C.ndi, PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_10051462&REV_02 ;MSI[/quote] To install the driver, follow the QUICK_INSTALLATION_GUIDE included in the zip.

If it does not detect the network, you will need to go back to that one downloaded from MSI. So please keep that MSI one saved before applying this one.

See how it goes. Let us know.

15. It installed and works just fine, but I did get another crash. It is only from games that utilize online functions. Such as World of Warcraft, Rocket League, Overwatch, etc. Single player games have no effect after a few minutes of playing compared to the online ones.

Therefore, perhaps we are to the point where we know there is something going on with more than just an Ethernet drive? Is it possible that the Ethernet drive fails or something, leading me to believe I have a bad Mobo? The PC has never crashed when browsing the internet or watching videos.

Thanks again, Arc.

Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming

1. Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD intelppm sys

2. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  3. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  4. Frequent and often fatal to the OS BSODs corrupts the Windows install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent and often fatal to the OS BSODs corrupts the Windows install: Hello I'm hoping for some help. I strongly believe I have a hardware fault but need help diagnosing precisely which part has failed. Here are two memory dump files as well as an msinfo32 file, both fresh. For the last two years I've been running stable on an i5 9600k...
  5. BSOD from netwtw06.sys

BSOD from netwtw06.sys: I keep getting the BSOD and ive tried many different solutions to no avail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-from-netwtw06sys/86cbd32d-44d0-4d46-976c-1079d04c5a0e
  6. Windows 10 Frequent Netwbw02.sys BSOD's, network adapter vanishing and more.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Frequent Netwbw02.sys BSOD's, network adapter vanishing and more.: Hello all. For a while now I've been having adapter issues on Windows 10. This began a while back, maybe a year or so ago when I started loosing wifi connection and had to run the troubleshooter which subsequently would reset the wifi Adapter, and tell me the default gateway...
  7. Frequent BSODs - L1C63x64.sys

Frequent BSODs - L1C63x64.sys: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am getting frequent BSODs with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in L1C634x64.sys especially when the network is loaded (heavy bit torrent activity) Googling has led me to believe that it is problems lies with my Atheros driver so I have updated...
  8. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
  9. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...
  10. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...
Tags: