Windows 10: Windows 10, BSOD, System Thread Handler exception : UNABLE SAFE MODE

Discus and support Windows 10, BSOD, System Thread Handler exception : UNABLE SAFE MODE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hiya everyone, So basically here is the situation... I'm at the point where I don't know what else to do other than RE-INSTALL .. which is a pain in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zhousaifu, Mar 5, 2017.

1. zhousaifu Win User

Windows 10, BSOD, System Thread Handler exception : UNABLE SAFE MODE

Hiya everyone, So basically here is the situation... I'm at the point where I don't know what else to do other than RE-INSTALL .. which is a pain in the @^& if I have to reinstall and reconfigure all the software that is installed already..... I'd LOVE to be able to simply get back in to windows and get this sorted out..

Here's what i've done so far.. Please help if any of ya can..!

- I've turned the computer off, turned it on and instant BSOD (system thread handler exception ) error with NO specific driver etc information which results in the computer need to restart (type of message)

- So I reboot, it goes into it's auto diagnostic serious of garbage and then basically is unable to fix the error.

- So I try all the normal steps of trying to get safe mode running, .. in the end not able..

- I Do a memory test, takes like 24 hours to complete (32 gigs of ram) no problem..

- I again try safe mode via manual means (ie,. BCDedit bla bla legacy-standard-legacy) still NOT able to get into safe mode..

- SO basically EVERY reboot and attempt to NORMALLY run windows OR Safe Mode results in BSOD and unable to get into windows.

- I've tried MULTIPLE restore points from within the auto-diagnostic boot up screens.. ALL failed.

- I've gone into Command prompt and ran checkdisk etc.. and NO problems at all on C: (my only drive)

- I've gone into bios verified ALL overclocking everything is set to standard (ie, not overclocked and system stable)

- I've verified all fans and water cooling is CLEAR of dust and other garbage that could cause heating..

- System temp is 30 C unloaded... no isssues here..

My system is a mini super computer basically lol.. I built it and it's for VR use and creation and has no hardware issues AND it has been running FINE for the past 3 months....

ASUS Deluxe II X99
    6950x etc
    32 gigs 3400 ram
    1080 x 2 SLI (x16)
    SSD CARD in PCI-E slot etc...

Can someone please give me some advice/ help on how to get this idiotic issue fixed WITHOUT having to reformat/reinstall? *Think

:)

zhousaifu, Mar 5, 2017

2. Anniversary update BSOD Error-System Thread Exception Not Handled (Nvlddmkm.sys)

Original Title : Windows 10 1607 BSOD

Hello everyone,

After installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update my computer started to get BSOD (System Thread Exception Not Handled) (Nvlddmkm.sys), ONLY, when installing updates from WU and when booting in safe mode.

Francesco Miracolo, Mar 5, 2017
  3. System Thread Exception not Handled

I downloaded windows 10 from windows 7. Now my computer shows an error at startup that system exception not handled. I read in another thread to update the graphics driver but I am unable to startup in safe mode with networking to even check for updates.

JZander_816, Mar 5, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

lifetec, Mar 5, 2017
  5. zhousaifu Win User
    Hello Lifetec, thank you for the reply BUT... I am unable to use the "dm_log_collector.exe" in DOS/ Windows Diagnostic Command prompt.

I am UNABLE to boot into both NORMAL (and) SAFE MODE

Do you have another method for me to get the information required MANUALLY from the windows DOS (C:\) command prompt?

Thanks again in advance!

zhousaifu, Mar 6, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    See if there are any dumps in the \Windows\minidump directory. If yes, zip them up and upload the zip file here.

Ztruker, Mar 7, 2017
  7. zhousaifu Win User
    Ztruker thanks for your reply!, Unfortunately, there are NO files in the minidump directory that I can see... I tried "dir /a h" and still nothing showed up in the C:\windows\minidump directory..
    Windows 10, BSOD, System Thread Handler exception : UNABLE SAFE MODE [​IMG]

Please advise if there is anything else to look for.
    Windows 10, BSOD, System Thread Handler exception : UNABLE SAFE MODE [​IMG]

zhousaifu, Mar 7, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

A large dump would be in C:\Windows\memory.dmp.

Ztruker, Mar 8, 2017
  9. zhousaifu Win User
    Hiya again Ztrucker, yeah I've looked and looked and not a single mem dump file exists... im perplexed...

I found that I have been able to run Regedit within the DOS command prompt, even notepad.exe ... do you know what I could possibly do with these programs to maybe manually delete or edit a few lines of registry to get the thing to boot up?

At this point I've started trying to copy anything I need backed up onto a USB drive in the event that I need to reformat and start again...

By the way, the harddrive is a PCI-E Memory Stick type, 512 gb type and everything in the BIOS looks right, ie, IT has a proper BOOT portion and a regular portion.. with the boot portion being first etc.. so I don't think this is a case of some wierd misconfiguration of the disk at boot etc..

Please advise if able *Sick

zhousaifu, Mar 9, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    You could try copying the backup registry files to the active registry. See this tutorial. It's for Windows 7 but applies to Windows 10 as well:

How to Recover from an Infinitely Looping Startup Repair Loop without Reinstalling Windows

Basically you boot a Win 10 install DVD or flash drive.
    Take the Repair my computer link on the 2nd window.
    Start Command Prompt.
    Locate your Win 10 boot drive which may or may not be C:
    Change to the C:\Windows\system32\config.
    Create a Mybackup directory.
    Copy the registry files there for safe keeping.
    Copy all files from the RegBack to the config directory.
    Exit Command Prompt.
    Restart the computer and hope that fixes the problem.

Do read the tutorial though.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, BSOD, System Thread Handler exception : UNABLE SAFE MODE - Similar Threads - BSOD System Thread

2. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?: Switched on my Lenovo ideapad this morning and got BSOD with the error System Thread Exception Not Handled just this message no additional data. Prior to this I've had no issues at all with the laptop.I have tried Start up repair and System restore with no success. I cant...
  3. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?: Switched on my Lenovo ideapad this morning and got BSOD with the error System Thread Exception Not Handled just this message no additional data. Prior to this I've had no issues at all with the laptop.I have tried Start up repair and System restore with no success. I cant...
  4. BSOD - System Thread Exception Not Handled - will not boot to safe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD system exception thread not handled

BSOD system exception thread not handled: HELP! Every time my laptop powers on it BSOD and shows the error code 'system exception thread not handled'. It will then auto-restart and work fine after this. Any ideas on how I can fix this initial boot issue would be great!...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD: Recently I've been getting the BSOD with the message "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. At first this happened maybe once a week, but it has gotten more and more frequent. Links to the dmp files:...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: My PC just had a BSOD. While following instructions from another post and running verifier my PC was stuck in a crash loop. Booted up after system restore kicked in, good thing I didn't skip the restore point step. I uploaded a .rar with 3 files: the MSinfo32, the older DMP...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I just installed Windows 10 Pro, but when I entered into Windows I got a BSoD, I was upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate, and I wondered how I can fix this problem. When I first booted into Windows 10, I found all of my componenets are all out of date so I tried to...
  9. BSOD, system thread exception not handled. Won't go into safe mode but get command prompt.

BSOD, system thread exception not handled. Won't go into safe mode but get command prompt.: Hi, My Windows 10 laptop won't boot. BSOD loop with stopcode SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. No numeric code. Infinite loop. Try to boot into safe mode, same problem. However, it does give me a command prompt and my disk drives SSD and hard drive seem to be OK. Any...
  10. BSOD system thread exception

BSOD system thread exception: Finally got into safe mode through command prompt and was able to delete the driver from my Nvidia graphics card. Booted back up in normal mode and began the download for new driver. Then BSOD during installation. Ideas? Would love to put my crash file up here but I don't...