Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD when watching Youtube videos

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD when watching Youtube videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have started to get strange, frequent BSODs when I am wathing Youtube videos. These BSODs occur with Opera and Firefox. Computer stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by muurierakko, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Windows 10 BSOD when watching Youtube videos

Hi!

I have started to get strange, frequent BSODs when I am wathing Youtube videos. These BSODs occur with Opera and Firefox. Computer stops responding, sound cuts off same time and I cant move mouse.

First, I suspected my new graphic card, MSI GT 710 2GD3H LP might be the culprit. I have ran 3dmark and Final fantasy XV benchmark with no problems or crashes.

I have added more memory two weeks ago (8GB DDR3), same time I added MSI GT 710 2GD3H LP graphics card. Previous garphic card was embedded on the cpu/motherboard (integrated graphics). Before that I uninstalled radeon graphics drivers and disabled it from bios. I also added TP-link TL-WDN4800 N900 wlan adapter. I have ran windows memory diagnostic tests, with no problems.

Diagnostic file is attached below.

:)

muurierakko, Feb 9, 2018
  2. TyLe Minh Win User

BSOD 0x00000124

I noticed bsod often appear when I watch long video Youtube (watched by Edge) or movie (watched K-Lite codec and Windows Movies & TV) in external drive. May it occur because GPU (temperature, driver, ...)?

TyLe Minh, Feb 9, 2018
  3. BSOD When Watching YouTube Videos in Chrome... Apparently.

Related to bwcW8x64.sys Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver from Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. Yours is from 2013

Completely remove the current driver (or software) and install the newest driver available. For instructions on how to do that Read all about updating drivers here Updating a driver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 9, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 BSOD when watching Youtube videos

Can you please change the language to ENglish? I can't read the logs in the current language which makes it difficult to provide help.

Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

Re-run DM_Log_collector when done and upload the zip file, see if that helps.

You can put the language back to your normal one once done though you may have to do this multiple times if I need you to run DM_Log_collector again in the future so it may be best to leave it in English until the problem is resolved.

Thanks

Ztruker, Feb 10, 2018
  5. I think this also might be a problem.

OP specs. Mismatched ram.

The motherboard is Dual Channel with 3 memory modules installed.

ASRock > FM2A75 Pro4

I will go back to watching.

Jack

Layback Bear, Feb 11, 2018
  6. I changed language to english, so lets hope these logs are helpful, attachment below.

I bought more (single channel) ram only because it was cheaper than dual channel memory (at that moment). I don't see why ram would be problematic, because I ran windows memory diagnostic tests and did not receive any errors. Windows shutdown time takes longer (less than 5 minutes) than before, could it be because of mismatch ram? I can try removing ram module when I have extra time.

muurierakko, Feb 11, 2018
  7. I noticed that bsod happens more easily on Opera (using latest version). If I watch Youtube with Firefox (latest version also), less problems.
    I have ruled out bad drivers, because device manager does not show anything suspicious or missing drivers. Could it be registry problem? If removing the 8 GB ram does not work, then I don't know what to do.

muurierakko, Feb 11, 2018
  8. Ztruker Win User

The 2/12/18 dump shows a problem with athwbx.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, fffff8004ca19370} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athwbx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athwbx.sys[/quote] From Carrona.org:
    Driver Description:
    Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter (Version: 10.0.0.274 is the first one after the release of Win8.1)

Although I do not recommend drivers from places other than the manufacturer's website - this is the exception to that rule. Please scan with an anti-virus before opening any file that you download from the internet.

Also the driver for Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter & likely others as well.

Driver Update Site: Official site: Drivers | Qualcomm
    Unofficial site: QUALCOMM / ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros的驅動程序)

Dump also shows a problem with hmpalert.sys.
    Code: ffffa08c`081db0d8 fffff800`9e0b1585Unable to load image \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\hmpalert.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hmpalert.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hmpalert.sys hmpalert+0x21585[/quote] Driver Description: HitmanPro.Alert Support Driver

Recommend you uninstall HitmanPro for now.

Ztruker, Feb 12, 2018
  9. As far as I know, a ram tests if each ram module is good. It does not check if each ram module works well with the other ram modules installed.
    When you have a dual channel mother board, three sticks of ram will probably be in single channel. Dual channel needs 2, 4, 6, ect.
    ram modules.

To carry on I recommend removing the 8 GB ram module and complete what Ztrucker has recommended in his post # 6.

Jack

Layback Bear, Feb 12, 2018
  10. Today i removed 8GB ram, uninstalled Hitmanpro.alert and uninstalled Wireless Network Adapter driver. I did not install any drivers for wireless network adapter, just kept the Windows default driver.

muurierakko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 BSOD when watching Youtube videos - Similar Threads - BSOD watching Youtube

2. Recurring BSODs when attempting to watch Youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring BSODs when attempting to watch Youtube videos: Hello all, Over the last few days I have started to encounter a few BSODs, with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, although this is not the only error. On the first occasion I paid little attention to the error and any potential causes, assuming it to be a one-off, though it...
  3. BSOD when watching Youtube(videos) Stopcode is Watchdog Violation

BSOD when watching Youtube(videos) Stopcode is Watchdog Violation: Hi, I've been having BSODs for about a week now and it only happens when I'm watching videos on youtube (also happens when it is playing in the background), I've looked around for solutions but to no avail, I've recently tried a full reset which seemed to work momentarily but...
  4. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  5. BSOD while watching a youtube video

BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...
  6. BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos

BSOD (Watchdog Violation) when watching youtube videos: Hi, my young daughers notebook (HP Stream 13 SSD) has begun crashing randomly with BSOD when she is watching youtube videos. It only happens on youtube / video streaming, all other uses (word, general internet usage etc..) are fine. Have ran malwarebytes on it and no malware....
  7. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  8. BSOD when watching youtube videos (DSP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

BSOD when watching youtube videos (DSP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION): I have been getting BSOD with stop code DSP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. It has happened 7 times in the past 2 weeks, all of them occur when I am watching a youtube video. My computer will completely freeze for about 5-10 seconds while a video is playing and then BSOD will occur. I...
  9. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...
  10. BSOD Randomly when watching youtube or rendering videos

BSOD Randomly when watching youtube or rendering videos: The title is not the only time BSOD's occur. they have occured while gaming, on bootup etc. Also - I get a random graphical error on certain images and on random parts of my screen. these graphical errors do not occur on every photo or all the time. I have included the logs...