Windows 10: Windows 10 Bugs/Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Bugs/Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 for ~5 weeks, and only recently have these problems arose. The file explorer and task manager both have the same issue; they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJKhaled Dies, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Bugs/Issues

I've been using Windows 10 for ~5 weeks, and only recently have these problems arose. The file explorer and task manager both have the same issue; they both open in the program tab (Whatever the official name for the bar on the bottom of your screen (By Default) where all of the open programs are displayed is), and when I click on either one it glows/lights up like as if it were open, yet no matter how long I wait, no matter how many times I attempt to open it, it never does. I've tried rebooting, running an anti-virus scan, done all of the basic, obvious things one would usually do when confronted with something like this. And the problem only persists (So far that I've found) for these two programs.

:)

DJKhaled Dies, Dec 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 issues and bugs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)

• Right-click on windows explorer

• End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)

• Click on File > Run new task

• Type explorer.exe and press enter

• Your search bar should be functional again.
    Step 2: If Start menu is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 30, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Bugs/Issues

No guarantees. Give this troubleshooting routine a try....................

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  5. I got a message saying no integrity violation; any ideas as to what it is or where I should look?

6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  7. Goddamn it I just tried it and it worked; thank you so much.

8. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Bugs/Issues

Huh ?
    What works ?
    The system file check, sfc /scannow ?

It can't be the Repair Install. You don't have enough time to run that.

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  9. Yes, the scan helped somehow.

10. davidhk Win User
    Somehow ?
    There are still related issues ?

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  11. Yes, the sound quality suddenly became god-awful, but I just fixed it and everything is better.

12. davidhk Win User
    Ok. Sounds promising.
    Any further related issues, please post back.

Forgot to tell you. The "bar at the bottom of the screen" is called Taskbar.
    So, are the programs inside the taskbar working properly now ?

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Bugs/Issues

Sorry.
    "Yes, they" working properly inside the taskbar ?
    If so, please mark this thread as Solved.

If not so, please describe the problem.

Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Bugs/Issues

1. Windows 10 Bugs/Issues - Similar Threads - Bugs Issues

2. My new latop came with Windows 11 installed - so many issues and bugs - I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new latop came with Windows 11 installed - so many issues and bugs - I need help: the scroll bar - barely works i have changed the sizeit sounds like it is often processingthe start menu - the pin that I dont want - doesnt show up ppt slides - advancing incredily fast and crashes on its own - not an animationcant make simple folders in file explore and so...
  3. My new latop came with Windows 11 installed - so many issues and bugs - I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new latop came with Windows 11 installed - so many issues and bugs - I need help: the scroll bar - barely works i have changed the sizeit sounds like it is often processingthe start menu - the pin that I dont want - doesnt show up ppt slides - advancing incredily fast and crashes on its own - not an animationcant make simple folders in file explore and so...
  4. Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...: there is a long standing bug/issue which causing problems with nic in localized version of windowshttps://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774#note_1755558218how/where can this be reported to microsoft ?i tried with...
  5. Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...: there is a long standing bug/issue which causing problems with nic in localized version of windowshttps://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774#note_1755558218how/where can this be reported to microsoft ?i tried with...
  6. Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...

7. Microsoft 11 is bug ridden and needs fixes, issues from years ago still present. Lower...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 11 is bug ridden and needs fixes, issues from years ago still present. Lower...: Hello,From reviewing the list of questions Microsoft has yet to alleviate ongoing problems with Windows 11 that were present since 2021. This is unacceptable. We should not have to do all these back end power user resets, diagnoses, etc. We are paying for a product to work....
  8. Microsoft 11 is bug ridden and needs fixes, issues from years ago still present. Lower...

Microsoft 11 is bug ridden and needs fixes, issues from years ago still present. Lower...: Hello,From reviewing the list of questions Microsoft has yet to alleviate ongoing problems with Windows 11 that were present since 2021. This is unacceptable. We should not have to do all these back end power user resets, diagnoses, etc. We are paying for a product to work....
  9. Weird graphical bug occasionally popping up on monitor as well booting-up issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird graphical bug occasionally popping up on monitor as well booting-up issues: Lately I have been noticing that for a split second, a corner or portion of the screen will black out with a couple other isolated black squares scattered around it and will immediately go back to normal. I only notice it while web browsing but I haven't noticed while gaming....
  10. Weird graphical bug occasionally popping up on monitor as well booting-up issues

Weird graphical bug occasionally popping up on monitor as well booting-up issues: Lately I have been noticing that for a split second, a corner or portion of the screen will black out with a couple other isolated black squares scattered around it and will immediately go back to normal. I only notice it while web browsing but I haven't noticed while gaming....