Windows 10: Windows 10 build 10051 changelog posted, one minor update

Discus and support Windows 10 build 10051 changelog posted, one minor update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I'd just be pleased if I could get 10049 to download and install without problems, may just give up and wait for the final version to arrive. *Huh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Dave44 Win User

Windows 10 build 10051 changelog posted, one minor update

Joan good chance of a build next week too *Wink

Dave44, Apr 4, 2015
  2. WHS
    whs Win User

I hope next time they fix the download. 6 hours is unacceptable.

3. Gary Win User
    There is a chance that the next real upgrade will not work with this installed.

4. Windows 10 build 10051 changelog posted, one minor update

How many roll outs are there going to be before the final version is ready. I no you guys like to try out new stuff. Yea it's already out that is true/Monday?
    Is it better to continue to update all these new OS. Or just wait till the final version is available. Very time consuming lol.

Gina France, Apr 5, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    I figured they would be dishin out a new Build once a month, but they seem to be picking up the pace quite a bit lately!
    You could stay on the Slow Ring and wait for the ISO files for a clean install every time. That's a lot faster.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2015
  6. Hmmm! is that by the update method or the 'Download the ISO' method?

I ask, because the first time I tried to download the ISO, from an FTP site, my download speed, even with "IDM" was only 15 KB/sec. I just shut down everything and went to bed.
    The next morning, I reset both my modem and router, then I used the AVG Tune Up program to optimize my internet connection.
    Then I started the download again, and this time my download speed was 650 KB/sec. Big difference. The download went fairly fast.

*Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 5, 2015
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    The 6 hours was thru the update. There is no 10049 iso yet.

8. Windows 10 build 10051 changelog posted, one minor update

You were lucky to get 6 hours, mine had been going well over 24 hours and got stuck at 70% overall install, the settings was at 88% done. I just gave up and came out of the VM, I suspended it but if I bring it back up I doubt it will carry on as I can't give it more RAM at this stage.
    Do you have to have 10041 installed before you can update to 10049 and if so can I get a link for that, I can delete the other copy then and start another VM, I've given one 4GB of RAM but of course it doesn't have an OS yet just the title.

Joan Archer, Apr 5, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    Actually, there are 10049 ISOs everywhere now but not the official MS one. I haven't download one though because I don't have issue with the online upgrade route.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2015
  10. Davy49 Win User
    Hi All,
    Once again I felt 'adventurous', and thought I'd try and install windows 10 technical preview (build 10041) on my asus t100ta transformer tablet. Once again I had a problem doing so..so once again I had to rollback to my previous / original o.s. (8.1 - 32 bit). I'm really beginning to wonder if windows 10 will EVER be able to be installed on my asus machine ?
    David *Sad

Davy49, Apr 5, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    Try a clean install instead of an upgrade. I did and it worked well.

12. Davy49 Win User
    Davy49, Apr 5, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

14. Davy49 Win User
    I also have a copy on running seemingly well on my laptop..I created a new partition on it and have the windows 10 tech. preview installed on that partition. With my ASUS T100TA, I'm rather limited as to what I can do, I thought about trying to install the tech. preview on the 64 gb micro sd card that I have installed on my T100TA. I didn't know if it would run or not ? I guess I'll never know until I try.
    David

Davy49, Apr 5, 2015
  15. WHS
    whs Win User
    Joan, the 10041 iso you can get from here. Click on the English (United Kingdom) thing.

Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO March Update - Microsoft Windows

Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 10051 changelog posted, one minor update - Similar Threads - build 10051 changelog

2. Update Build 22621.1 - Correcting error in posting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Build 22621.1 - Correcting error in posting: I typed 'update' in the last sentence - it should be 'icon'! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-build-226211-correcting-error-in-posting/07f30d67-291c-4dbf-a52c-67da7463f873
  3. No Insider Preview Update Post Build 18932

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Insider Preview Update Post Build 18932: My current Insider Preview Build is: 18932. Because the next update following 18932 put my machine into a permanent sleep mode, I selected 'no further insider updates'. I now want to receive insider updates again; having selected 'insider updates' to continue, I am not...
  4. Post Build 10586 Update Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Post Build 10586 Update Woes: Yesterday, Windows Update sent me an update to install Windows 10 Pro Build 10586. I didn't expect it but I've been trying to fix my Win 10 Pro installation since the two-hour update finished. I couldn't get the Start button to do anything until I restarted my system...
  5. Audio/video issues in build 10051 and 10056

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/video issues in build 10051 and 10056: Ok I have an HP Spectre XT 15 touchsmart with IDT high definition audio drivers with beats. Recently when installing 10051 build. My sound and video would play fine then after a little bit my sound would start to slow down,crackle and lag. The video would start to lag right...
  6. Microsoft Edge changelog

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge changelog: Microsoft Edge changelog [img] Compare the current stable releases, latest Windows Insider Preview builds, and previous releases to see when new platform features and major fixes were introduced in Microsoft Edge for PC and mobile. Source:...
  7. Screenshots from Windows 10 for phone build 10051

in Windows 10 News
    Screenshots from Windows 10 for phone build 10051: [img] A few people have been lucky enough to download the new Windows 10 for phones build 10051, while many others are still pressing "check for updates" button every 10 seconds. We've just installed it on our Lumia 635 and we're now exploring the new features. You can...
  8. Windows 10 Changelog

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Changelog: One of the things that I hate about new OS's is digging up a list of new changes, and 9879 is no different. I found this comprehensive page showing most of the changes made to Windows 10. Enjoy! *Wink ChangeWindows.org 2894
  9. WIndows 10 build 10051 has leaked

in Windows 10 News
    WIndows 10 build 10051 has leaked: A new build of Windows 10 has leaked. This time around it is build 10051 but as we have already seen with the release notes, there is not much to get excited about here. The latest official release from Microsoft was build 10049, so this leak is only two builds newer than...
  10. Windows 10 build 10051 has new mail and calendar apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10051 has new mail and calendar apps: [img] A new build of Windows 10 has leaked and with it comes new mail and calendar apps. As you can see from the image in this post, the UI has been overhauled. It should not come as a big surprise that these apps have been updated as Microsoft has overhauled nearly...