Windows 10: Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu

Discus and support Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Earlier today a new build of Windows 10 for the desktop leaked and with it comes a few improvements to the finesse of the OS. In 10056, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu

Read more: Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu

:)

Brink, Apr 10, 2015

2. [Windows 10] Airplane mode OSD won't show up after reboot

Tracking back to Windows 10 build 10056, can't reproduce this issue.

Sam Tsai (I3D), Apr 10, 2015
  3. Resizable Windows 10 Start Menu and Vertical v. Horizontal Scroll

how to change horisontal sceen tyo vertical screen in windows 10

ROBERT MOORE xl, Apr 10, 2015
  4. Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu

That figures!
    I just got 10051/64 and installed it on my HP Laptop, that's 64 bit compatible.

So far, so good.

PS: That is, till I shut the PC down for the night. When I booted up the next morning, all I got after the login screen, was a blank screen. Same thing happened with 10049/64. Grrrrrr!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 10, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks for the information Shawn..
    I need to try out this build..

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Apr 10, 2015
  6. Dave44 Win User
    check pm jeff *Wink

Dave44, Apr 10, 2015
  7. Awesome, would be MS releasing the ISO's for 10056 in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
    Why this Cloak and Dagger routine?
    It was sure a lot easier when we were testing Windows 8.

The whole world is just NOT geared up to effectively run 64 bit software, yet, so we still need those 32 bit versions.
    My one PC that will run 64 bit OS's, runs 10041 just fine, but crashes on 10049 and 10051. I've not been able to get a copy of 10056 yet, so I don't know, if it will crash as well.
    Maybe some day...................*Rolleyes

*Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 11, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

It's not exactly "Cloak and Dagger", but since builds are auto-installed, I'm sure they don't want to release a new build every other day to Insiders. I think they are planning on a new build every month.

This build went out to Partners, and only the 64 bit version leaked. I'm sure there was a 32 bit version, but it just didn't leak.

While it's true that there are still lots of machines out there that only have 32 bit CPU's, most of them won't have enough resources to be work well with Windows 10, and a large percentage of them won't have the proper CPU features to work with Windows 10, like NX bit support, etc...

Also, let's be honest mere. People who are still using a 10 year old computer probably aren't the "upgrading" type. The only reason it's an issue during beta is because people tend to put beta software on an old spare machine, but after its released... you're going to be running it on your primary system which is likely more modern.

The only real reason MS is still producing a 32 bit version is for tablet and mobile devices, which may still be 64 bit.. but because the 32 bit version is smaller, and uses less memory it works better in a tablet with limited resources.

Mystere, Apr 11, 2015
  9. BillyBob Win User
    Aren't these leaks, are you saying Microsoft should be leaking faster

BillyBob, Apr 12, 2015
  10. Why leak?
    Why not just release, like they did with Windows 8?

Ms wants us to test their new product, but they make it as difficult as possible.

Argue with me if you want, but I still think it's a very poor marketing strategy.

The future of MS Windows, relies on its ability to run on existing PC's, not necessarily on state of the art equipment.

Cheers Mates

*Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 12, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    IMHO, MS wanted build 10056 to be leaked. With build 10056 unofficially released MS can monitor the results of it without all the crybaby type feedback that they get with official releases.

Winuser, Apr 12, 2015
  12. Davy49 Win User
    If only they would leak the 32 bit version..I guess I'm just behind times.

Davy49, Apr 13, 2015
  13. Winuser Win User

Build 10056 is tempting. I'm trying my best to wait for the next official release. Hopefully some time this week.

Winuser, Apr 13, 2015
  14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

15. Wynona Win User
    Microsoft didn't leak it . . . one of the testers (of the Technical Preview) that are a few laps ahead of the Insiders leaked it. There are several tiers of beta testers out here, from corporate to partners, etc. on down to Insiders. Just wait until the Release Candidate is put out there for everyone and their dogs to try out!

Wynona, Apr 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 10056: New animations and a resizable Start menu - Similar Threads - build 10056 animations

2. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  3. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  4. Can't resize the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize the Start menu: It won't drag from the right. It does show the double arrow, but it doesn't do anything. I want to make the Start menu fit the two stack of apps I have on it but it's twice the width it should be...
  5. Resize start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize start menu: Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks. 5160
  6. Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056

in Windows 10 News
    Gallery: Windows 10 build 10056: Earlier today, a new build of Windows 10 found its way to the web and this time around it is version 10056. In this build are updates to themes, a few new icons and other tidbits tucked away under the many layers of the OS.... ....So, for those of you who want a closer...
  7. Windows 10 build 10056 has leaked

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 10056 has leaked: build 10056 has leaked now downloading to try I post some screenshot later Windows 10 build 10056 has leaked 5333
  8. Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 Tiles on your Start menu are icons for modern apps, desktop apps, and folders that you "Pin to Start". Modern apps (ex: from the Store) can have live tiles that show...
  9. Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your Start menu. This tutorial will show you how to resize the height and width of your Start menu to what you want in Windows...
  10. Start Menu resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu resizing in Windows 10: The new Start menu is a hybrid of the Windows 7 menu and the features of Windows 8. With Live Tiles and traditional apps sitting side-by-side, it's a hybrid approach that will likely appease desktop users. One aspect that is also new, is that you can resize the Start menu,...