Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As the final release is to be free only for those computers already installed with either W7 or W8.1. Common sense dictates that it must be possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Roger Win User

Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015

You seem to have the final word. Windows should, or could, or maybe will be, or maybe will be soon, or sometime in the future, maybe, or should anyway, become available, if it's finished, or when it's finished, or when it's maybe finished, if ever, and clean installs aren't necessary.
    That clears things up immensely and I hope you don't mind if I quote you?

Roger, Apr 27, 2015
  2. f14tomcat Win User

ROGER!! Check your PM and unblock if necessary.

f14tomcat, Apr 27, 2015
  3. Mystere Win User
    I don't think he was actually asking for a link.... He was asking about the hypothetical final media.

Mystere, Apr 27, 2015
  4. Roger Win User

Got it, thanks. I have the link but I'm still wondering which of the MS interpretations I should believe.
    A logical train of thought and the ability to read answers all the questions posed to date but there is still no consensus?
    and, I might add, there's no point in burdening some people with facts. Conjecture makes for a much more interesting conversation! YMMV

Roger, Apr 27, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    The way I see it one will have to go the upgrade route in order to qualify for the free upgrade and this will have to be done by the use of Windows Update. If you want a clean install, you probably will have to purchase an Insatll DVD from MS or your favorite retailer.

6. Wynona Win User
    Meebers, I'm not sure, but if Build 10074 is released next week (crossing fingers, toes, hair, eyes) then those on the slow ring who have 10049 installed probably won't get 10061, since by that time, it'll be "obsolete". *Smile

As someone else has already said, Build 10056 wasn't "official" and won't be offered. Sooooo, at the moment, you're as up to date as any of us are.

I know the feeling of certain things being disabled (my Brother MFC-J825DW printer was disabled in (I think) 10049 and even with the clean install of 10061, it's still disabled. I'm going to have to find time today to work with that.

Also, there are issues with my browser(s) that I'll post in a new thread when I finish checking things out. Videos play in one or the other, but not consistently in one or the other. *Sad This one may play three things, but miss the fourth or fifth. That one may not play this or that, but will play others.

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  7. Dave44 Win User
    here a video of build 10074

[youtube]mTVWj3dZFSo[/youtube]

Dave44, Apr 27, 2015
  8. dencal Win User

Sorry you are having difficulty regarding my post, I will try to explain.
    Fact = "must"
    As the final release is to be free only for those computers already installed with either W7 or W8.1.
    Common sense dictates that it "must" be possible for M$ to confirm that only existing computers with the above O/S`s are eligible for an upgrade otherwise everyone no matter what O/S they had could claim a freebie.Therefore upgrading is the way to do it.

Hypothetical. note:- "should" or "perhaps" = might = maybe.
    Media "should" still be available to purchase either through the M$ website to be downloaded, or "perhaps" DVD,s or USB memory sticks for laptops without DVD,s at computer shops, though it would not surprise me if M$ only permitted the sale of the software was only available from them.

Only when M$ release the finished product, will they announce how to obtain the O/S.

dencal, Apr 27, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    You may be right; you may be wrong. I'm not going to argue the issue with you; however, there is one thing that will happen with my computers:

In the event I can only get Windows 10 through an upgrade, no matter how inconvenient, every one of my computers will have a very clean, very fresh installation of Windows 7 or 8.1 (depending on the number of licenses I have) with nothing else installed! Nothing!

Dunno what a doddle is.

I believe this is an inaccurate statement. I let Build 10061 upgrade from Build 10049. As with many others here, I couldn't open apps from the Start Menu. Things were a pretty big mess. So, I created an ISO from the ESD file in Build 10061 and did a clean install. Every one of my apps on the Start Menu open when I click on them! I can guarantee you that I had not been messing around in my Registry, although I do when necessary or feasible. Build 10049 was an update and so was the first install of Build 10061; therefore, it's pretty much a given that my computer wasn't and is not compromised.

I've been thinking a lot about those who tell us we shouldn't go into the registry; that Microsoft doesn't want us to do that . . . My contention is that if we shouldn't work within the Registry, then Microsoft would have closed it off to us, as they have many other things Windows.

Right click the Start Window, click on Run and type Regedit in the little window that shows. Is there a warning? I didn't see one. When I press Enter, I am immediately taken into the Registry. I can then go in and do what I need to do.

Key words here are Others like myself have updated . . . I agree that many have updated from day one without issue; however, there seem to be many more unlike yourself that have not been able to update without issue, whether it be one build or another.

When testing Microsoft product (or any other company's product), nothing is black or white. We will always have green, yellow, red, purple, etc. That's just the nature of the beast.

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  10. dencal Win User
    It will be interesting to see if you have any problems when upgrading to the next iteration after a clean install on 061?
    Perhaps something allowing an update could be missing which might be a reason for so many members having upgrading problems.
    Keep us updated.

dencal, Apr 27, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    Absolutely, Alpha. Although it's a pain in the tookus, after each update, I use the ESD file to create an ISO so I can get the full benefit of the build.

Notably, a clean install of Build 10061 has eliminated the worst bugs so far. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User

Of course not, Roger. You should be able to buy an OEM copy of Windows 10.

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User
    OK, I'm putting myself at risk of being attacked here for not knowing what I'm talking about, but . . . *Smile

There is not one of us here unless he/she is a Microsoft employee and who is on the Windows 10 Team who actually knows exactly what Microsoft has in mind or will require once Windows 10 is released.

And that's a fact, Jack . . . errr, ummm, I mean Roger.

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Smart, Gary. Guess I should do that with my licenses too.

Wynona, Apr 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015 - Similar Threads - Build 10074 Expected

2. Build 10074 Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 10074 Wallpaper: Hi Guys Looking to see if anyone can pass on the wallpaper from Build 10074 Gallery: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 Been searching for it, but unfortunately cannot locate it at all. Thanks for your help. 12136
  3. Windows 10 Build 10074/10122/10125

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Build 10074/10122/10125: Hey guys i have the past 2 weeks tryed these 3 builds with nvidia windows 10 beta driver 352.63, 352.84 and windows 8.1 352.86 and SLI turned ON. And in all situations i get random stutter/fps lag or lag spikes. I have managed to reduce the amount of stutter and etc with the...
  4. IE11 Not working in Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Not working in Build 10074: Hello! I recently updated to build 10074 and IE11 will not launch at all! It is set as my default browser. Spartan (Edge) is working just fine...but I dont want to use it just yet as it doesnt store cookies and autofills logins. (among other reasons) Chrome opens just fine...
  5. No apps in Build 10074

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No apps in Build 10074: Hi. Was trying to access Mail in Windows 10. But it's nowhere to be found. The Apps say (empty). What happened? I went to the store. I installed it. But it still says the apps are empty. What can be done? I tried different things, like wsreset. Takes me back to the store....
  6. Build 10074 not working as should

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 10074 not working as should: hi guys, my network and/or homegroup no longer work. After searching and trying to fix this (a couple of hours) i gave up, gave feedback to MS and returnde to Build 10061. Hate to do a fresh install, although i have burned the ISO. So i guess i have to wait for a...
  7. Cant Update to Build 10074

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Update to Build 10074: I tried updating to the latest build but when my computer restarts and turns back on, it gave me this error. 0xc1900101 - 0x30018 Here's a picture. Imgur 5803
  8. Upgrade to build 10074 fails

Upgrade to build 10074 fails: When I try to upgrade to build 10074 I get a failure message that reads • fbl_impressive Professional 10074 - Error 0xc1900107. I have tried Google and Bing but can't find a fix. Help! 5740
  9. Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c

Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c: I recently decided to sacrifice the OEM XP on this mini laptop and found it quite easy and relatively successful except for some minor hiccups: 1. The video controller driver appears to be missing so I don't get the Start screen nor the Charms. On the Intel downloads site I...
  10. Updates issues Windows 10 build 10074

Updates issues Windows 10 build 10074: Good day! Hope I can find some answers regarding the issues I'm facing while attempting to update from Windows built 10074. Issues: 1-When pressing Windows button, nothing happens, can't open menu bar. Need always to press right click to shutdown the laptop 2-No Store...