Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 10074 not recognizing controller in Steam games?

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 10074 not recognizing controller in Steam games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey everyone, My boyfriend and I both just upgraded today to build 10074 and my Surface has had no issues. On the other hand, my boyfriend's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StarryEyed, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Build 10074 not recognizing controller in Steam games?

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend and I both just upgraded today to build 10074 and my Surface has had no issues.

On the other hand, my boyfriend's gaming PC seems to not recognize the Xbox One controller when playing games. On the Steam "Big Picture Mode," he can use the controller, but once he gets in game, it stops working.

We uninstalled the devices in device manager and through other places with no solution. I even tested it on my Surface and I don't have any issues using the controller once I'm playing inside the games. His controller is recognized and shows no issues on the PC side, but in Steam his controller isn't even recognized.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know a solution? I know with other previous Windows 10 builds we were able to fix weird issues with Powershell. I don't seem to see any solutions for this problem anywhere though, especially since the controller's drivers are now built into the OS.

:)

StarryEyed, Apr 30, 2015

2. Will Microsoft rip me off again and will activation fail?

Which build of Windows 10 are you running, 10130, 10122, 10074, 10061?

Andre Da Costa, Apr 30, 2015
  3. Windows Phone app for desktop saves pictures and videos to the wrong location

Still the problem exists in current release (and Windows 10 prerelease build 10074) ...

Enzo Contini, Apr 30, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Build 10074 not recognizing controller in Steam games?

I use an XBOX controller (Logitech ChillStream) will check ingame and get back to you, What version of the drivers are you using as I have this.

Device Manager > Xbox 360 Peripherals > Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (10.0.10074.0 @ 24/04/2015)

UPDATE - Works fine for me, played Evolve for 2 hours with no problems.

Try plugging it in another port and updating the drivers?

kuyenmotdivad, Apr 30, 2015
  5. The drivers dont even appear in the device manager. I'm wondering if something went wrong when we installed it. When he plugged in two controllers it said the drivers weren't working but there was no where to fix it.

StarryEyed, May 1, 2015
  6. Did you do a clean install or an upgrade? My 360 controller is working fine over here on a clean install.

blackroseMD1, May 3, 2015
  7. KevinC Win User
    KevinC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Build 10074 not recognizing controller in Steam games?

1. Windows 10 Build 10074 not recognizing controller in Steam games? - Similar Threads - Build 10074 recognizing

2. Controller is connectet to Pc but isn't recognized by any game, Ds4 windows or steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller is connectet to Pc but isn't recognized by any game, Ds4 windows or steam: Hello, I have a problem with my controller.After my ps4 controller went out of Batterie, I loaded my controller and tried to reconnect. I used to use it with steam or DS$ WIndows and it worked fine. After the reconnect, both of my controllers didn't work.It gets recognized by...
  3. Controller is connectet to Pc but isn't recognized by any game, Ds4 windows or steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller is connectet to Pc but isn't recognized by any game, Ds4 windows or steam: Hello, I have a problem with my controller.After my ps4 controller went out of Batterie, I loaded my controller and tried to reconnect. I used to use it with steam or DS$ WIndows and it worked fine. After the reconnect, both of my controllers didn't work.It gets recognized by...
  4. Windows 10 and Steam not recognizing Pro Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and Steam not recognizing Pro Controller: [ATTACH] I'm trying to get my Pro Controller to work on my Windows 10 PC and Steam. It used to work, but suddenly it's no longer recognized by Windows 10 and therefore cannot be seen by Steam. It says it's connected via bluetooth, but I can't do anything with it. Any idea...
  5. Build 10074 Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 10074 Wallpaper: Hi Guys Looking to see if anyone can pass on the wallpaper from Build 10074 Gallery: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 Been searching for it, but unfortunately cannot locate it at all. Thanks for your help. 12136
  6. build 10074 start menu interfering with games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    build 10074 start menu interfering with games: this is a clean installing using nvidia 352.64 drivers with nvidia 780 card and intel 3700k with 32gb mem. every time I start a game, the start menu open causing the game to go to the desktop. I try to get back into the games but the start menu opens again causing the...
  7. IE11 Not working in Build 10074

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Not working in Build 10074: Hello! I recently updated to build 10074 and IE11 will not launch at all! It is set as my default browser. Spartan (Edge) is working just fine...but I dont want to use it just yet as it doesnt store cookies and autofills logins. (among other reasons) Chrome opens just fine...
  8. No apps in Build 10074

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No apps in Build 10074: Hi. Was trying to access Mail in Windows 10. But it's nowhere to be found. The Apps say (empty). What happened? I went to the store. I installed it. But it still says the apps are empty. What can be done? I tried different things, like wsreset. Takes me back to the store....
  9. Updates issues Windows 10 build 10074

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates issues Windows 10 build 10074: Good day! Hope I can find some answers regarding the issues I'm facing while attempting to update from Windows built 10074. Issues: 1-When pressing Windows button, nothing happens, can't open menu bar. Need always to press right click to shutdown the laptop 2-No Store...
  10. Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10074 Expected at BUILD 2015: A few hours ago, we told you that Microsoft might be unveiling a new Windows 10 version at the BUILD 2015 developer conference this week, and now we also have a build number for the new flavor of the technical preview. Called by Russian leaker WZor the official Windows 10...