Windows 10: windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow

Discus and support windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ((((((( log file I applyCBS.rar Windows 10 pro x64 licensing 37974 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by edhappy, Jan 18, 2016.

1. edhappy Win User

windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix ((((((( log file I applyCBS.rar

Windows 10 pro x64 licensing

:)

edhappy, Jan 18, 2016

2. Corrupt files in windows 10 build 10586 ver.1511

When I do a clean install with windows 10 64 bit build 10586 ver. 1511. I run sfc/scannow and it finds corrupt files but can't fix some files.

When I do I clean install with build 10240 and do the same scan there are no corrupt files found.

HarryAngell, Jan 18, 2016
  3. 10586 Upgrade - SFC/DISM errors

update:

re-installed windows build 10586 with the new media creation tool.

now "dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth" shows no errors but the errors after "sfc /scannow" are the same

(opencl.dll, and so on)

SebastianLang, Jan 18, 2016
  4. AnEdge Win User

This method requires you to have an isodownloaded from Tech Bench.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have it downloaded from Tech Bench, right click at it > click Mount> leave it there.
    Now go back to your elevated command prompt, at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this command line......................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:d:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : d is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation issuccessful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

You may have to run the sfc scan a few times for it to fix the files

AnEdge, Jan 18, 2016
  5. Macco26 Win User
    How about if the ISO from Techbench is, let's say, build 10586.0 and you're currently running 10586.63?
    Wouldn't rebuilinding the image from an "old" ISO corrupt the image itself? Is Windows smart enough?

AFAIK MS always said that Reset functionality in W10 should keep your latest WUpdates, hence I'm thinking that the image itself is being continously updated to let this, in case of emergency.

Macco26, Jan 18, 2016
  6. Kyhi Win User
    the command that should be run FIRST is

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

7. davidhk Win User
    You are copying my past reply word by word.
    I would appreciate that you also acknowledge where the reply you copied from and who wrote that.
    That's common curtesy and decency.

Using what some wrote and post it as if it is your writing is considered by most people as plagiarism.

davidhk, Jan 18, 2016
  8. AnEdge Win User

I apologize , I thought I had acknowledge you in the post. Please forgive me.

AnEdge, Jan 18, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Apology accepted.
    You are very gracious.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Jan 18, 2016
  10. edhappy Win User
    error:0x800f081f dism log

the source files could not be found
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

edhappy, Jan 18, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    In that case, please use the advice posted by AnEdge, post #2.

davidhk, Jan 18, 2016
  12. edhappy Win User
    I'm so done .... ISO downloaded, mounted on the command line ordered!

and now this error, check the logs, I do not understand them

edhappy, Jan 18, 2016
  13. Kyhi Win User

look in my sig below to a link for - Image-Health Repair corrupt File

because your log file is showing a LOT of file hash mismatches

14. Kyhi Win User
    Run option 1 then option 0

post details.txt

thank you

15. edhappy Win User
    =) =) =) please help

edhappy, Jan 18, 2016
Thema:

1. windows 10 build 10586 sfc /scannow - Similar Threads - build 10586 sfc

2. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow: Whenever i try to do sfc /scannow in cmd i get this message : Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/797942d5-5528-46b0-8d2f-6bfea428c9f6
  3. Sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow: Hi.I run sfc /scannow as administrator and after finished I got :Windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them .Then I restart pc .My question should I do dism or not because I search about it and didn't find an answer. Thanx for help...
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow: Hello! When I try to enter the command, it gives me an error:sfc : The term 'sfc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.At...
  5. SFC /Scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /Scannow: When I do the SFC /Scannow from the CMD and within the admin area I am seeing after the scan the Verify Only is showing as No repair operation is performed.Is this informing me that I have to do the repair or no repair is needed from my end?Kenneth...
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  7. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  8. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  9. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  10. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f