Windows 10: Windows 10 build 1607 and changing the default browser

Discus and support Windows 10 build 1607 and changing the default browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Lately I upgraded to Windows 10 1607. It seems that whenever I open the default apps window (and only that window), the taskbar icons are... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by amos, Oct 5, 2016.

1. amos Win User

Windows 10 build 1607 and changing the default browser

Hi

Lately I upgraded to Windows 10 1607. It seems that whenever I open the default apps window (and only that window), the taskbar icons are blinking and I can't change the default browser to Firefox (I'm using the portable version). It's in the list but when I select it, Edge is re-selected and the icons keep blinking. If I select Internet Explorer, it is selected and the icons stop blinking.

I guess that because Firefox is portable, it does not appear in "set defaults by app", so I can't use this solution I read on the internet. I don't remember having this problem before with Windows 10.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

:)

amos, Oct 5, 2016

2. Unable to open a webpage since no app is found

I have attempted to change the default web browser to Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome. No matter what the default browser is set to, no apps are displayed in the window. I have even attempted to set the default application for a the http and https protocols
    (I'm assuming that is the protocol being used), but still no options are available for me to use.

Just for reference, I'm on windows 10 version 1607 (OS Build 14393.223)

KyleBesecker, Oct 5, 2016
  3. On line purchases version 1607After upgrading to Window's 10 version build 1607 , can't make on line purchase to www.bestbuy.com . Chat suggested changing browser?

After upgrading to Window's 10 version build 1607 , can't make on line purchase to www.bestbuy.com . Chat suggested changing browser? Any help would be great .thanks

JosephBondi, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Can you not set Firefox as the default browser from within Firefox itself? You certainly can in my installed version. Find it in the 'Options' page, or type aboutWindows 10 build 1607 and changing the default browser :preferences in the address bar.

Bree, Oct 5, 2016
  5. amos Win User
    When I click on the set as default button in Firefox, it opens the set default apps page of Windows 10 where I need to do it manually

amos, Oct 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 7, 2016
  7. amos Win User
    Thanks, it seems to do the trick!

amos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 1607 and changing the default browser - Similar Threads - build 1607 changing

2. Windows 10 keeps changing default browser

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 keeps changing default browser: [ATTACH]The beauty of the Windows 10 operating system is that you’re spoiled for choice […] This article Windows 10 keeps changing default browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Changing The Default Browser . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing The Default Browser . .: Firefox . . . Is, my default browser. When, I click on my email. It opens, with Firefox. I have, other browsers. But I just, installed, 360 Extreme Browser. I'm trying, to make it, the default browser. So, I clicked on my email, link. It, opened using, the Firefox...
  4. Change the default browser

Change the default browser: When I go to settings and click on Apps and choose Default apps I am unable to pick any other browser except Edge or Internet Explorer. There is an option to choose an app from the Microsoft Store but that doesn't help. I am running Windows 10 HOme version 1909 OS build...
  5. Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10

Change default browser for "Open results in browser" option in Windows 10: Hi, We had a requirement to block Edge, which was successfully done through GPO, and where we had to set the default browser back to Internet Explorer 11. The issue we have is that if a user search the web using the default Windows 10 search tool, he/she will be presented...
  6. Windows 10 Build 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 1607: Are there any updates to build 1607 which adds the color filters to ease of access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-build-1607/93d81611-5803-4b18-b171-4d0537597536
  7. Changing default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default browser: I have Lenovo and want to change default browser. Please help me change the default browser. Thank you Brian M. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-browser/21f4bddc-91ea-43d5-93e4-cc52d6c8d8cc
  8. change default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default browser: I cannot change my browser and home page and start up to google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-browser/5623d04e-53f8-4346-8946-0057ef02fcbe"
  9. Change default browser

Change default browser: MSW10 won't let me change the default Browser to Chrome. I've attached 3 screenshots showing that: 1. Chrome isn't an option when I try to "choose an app" in the default apps section of settings. 2. Nor is Chrome available in the MS App Store. 3. Chrome isn't even listed...
  10. Changing default browser in Windows 10

Changing default browser in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 and habitually use MS Edge as my browser despite the poor favourites management. When I follow a link in an email from MS Outlook, it opens in MS Internet Explorer, so I assume that Edge is not my default browser. This has only recently started happening, so...