Windows 10: Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring' participant

Discus and support Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring' participant in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Somehow people conveniently forget this is STILL a beta program. What is the deal with this phase? I keep seeing people use it, but what does it mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Petey7 Win User

Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring' participant

What is the deal with this phase? I keep seeing people use it, but what does it mean? Its not an argument. I don't see how it invalidates any argument. Its not much of an excuse either. So why do people keep repeating it like its a quote from Ghandi?

Every beta I've participated in before has made fixing major bugs that appear after adding new features a priority. MS has made a number of tweaks and minor improvements to Internet Explorer, which should make for a better browsing experience overall. But, the result that everyone notices, is that IE now locks up the entire computer whenever watching a video in full screen for 5 or so minutes. Especially on YouTube. There is also the widely reported issue of crashes when coming off of standby. I know it happens to me every single time. I've seen a number of other reports of doing mundane tasks resulting in crashes or freezes requiring a hard reset. Bugs that result in total system crashes or that require a hard reset are what I would consider major bugs, especially when its something simple, like watching a video online, that causes it. And just look at how screwed up GregRocker's system was when he did the update. Now, we expect the bugs to be there. None of the bugs seen are ones that we haven't seen with other Windows Betas or RCs. We especially expect the bugs to be there for those of us who are getting the "Fast" release cycle. I chose to go with "Fast" so I'm dealing with the bugs and trying to give MS as detailed feedback as possible.

The entire point of the "Slow" release cycle is supposedly to avoid major bugs while still getting to try the new feature, when MS has a build with said features that is believed to not have any(or few) major bugs. However, they seem to already be going against that by releasing this build to the people on the "Slow" cycle. Unless I am wrong and the hotfix they promised actually fixes most of the common issues. I know they delayed releasing it to them once already, so maybe they actually are paying attention to the insiders.

Petey7, Nov 23, 2014
  2. labeeman Win User

Just received an update for the preview build 9879, KB3019269

labeeman, Nov 23, 2014
  3. Trust_No1 Win User
    what is "slow ring"...ahhh never mind figured it out

Trust_No1, Nov 23, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Same here and ready to install.

BunnyJ, Nov 23, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    It's an option for the speed of the TP update comes. Slow/Fast.
    Pic:

Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring' participant [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Nov 23, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Windows 10: Microsoft rolls out KB3019269 update for build 9879 to address bugs and performance issues

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring' participant - Similar Threads - build 9879 going

2. Build 19041.153 to Slow Ring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 19041.153 to Slow Ring: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/03/13/releasing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-19041-153-to-the-slow-ring/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/build-19041153-to-slow-ring/999cc7b1-f05c-48df-9abd-6de25f11f171
  3. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  4. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  5. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  6. Windows 10 build 9879 going out to slow ring participant

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 9879 going out to slow ring participant: It was only a week ago that Microsoft delivered a new Windows 10 build (9879). While a those in the slow ring did not have access to that update, it looks like the new build could makes its way to that ring shortly. Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring'...
  7. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year: Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know: From: Gabe...
  8. Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...: Microsoft had originally stated that they planned to release Windows 10 build 9879 to 'slow ring' users possibly this week but that is no longer the case. Microsoft's head of the Windows Insider program, Gabe Aul, has stated that the release will not occur until next week....
  9. Steam Crashes on Windows 10 Build 9879

in Windows 10 News
    Steam Crashes on Windows 10 Build 9879: Since Windows 10 is still work in progress, it shouldn't be such a big shock to see an app crash all of a sudden, but it appears that build 9879 comes with what could be a widespread bug affecting a significant number of users. Many of those who have gaming platform Steam...
  10. Microsoft rolls out KB3019269 update for build 9879

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out KB3019269 update for build 9879: Windows 10: Microsoft rolls out KB3019269 update for build 9879 to address bugs and performance issues Roughly two weeks ago, Microsoft released Windows 10 build 9879 to Windows Insider Program participants. Those of you who were in the fast ring were able to download...