Windows 10: Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

Discus and support Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hey All! Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today and would like to share it with you. What made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Flashorn, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Flashorn Win User

Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

Hey All!

Yes, I've been away and still not well but, have received a email from Gabe Aul @MS today
    and would like to share it with you. What made me post this is the fact that we are not getting
    any new builds till January. Just thought I'd let you know:

Check out new and helpful info about the Windows Insider Program. Windows Insider Program | Before you install | How-to | Windows Feedback app | Forum Hello, Windows Insider — I'm Gabe, and I lead the Data & Fundamentals Team here in the Operating Systems Group (OSG). My team is excited about helping to review and understand all of the feedback we get from you via the Windows Insider Program, and working with all of our feature teams to make changes based on what we hear. You can expect to hear from me going forward on the Insider Program. Download, and get new builds
    • If you haven't already installed Windows 10 Technical Preview, you can do it here. (If you are an IT pro, Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise is here.) Just a reminder — this is pre-release software , so check out Before you install to be sure it is right for you.

• If you have already installed Tech Preview, the latest builds will come to you automatically via Windows Update. For most of you this means in the middle of the night. As long as your PC is plugged in — and either on or sleeping — the builds will be downloaded and installed for you. Note that Windows Update will not automatically download new builds over metered networks.

• You can choose how often you'll get new builds — "Fast" or "Slow." With more frequent updates, you'll see the latest features sooner, but you're more likely to run into bugs. By default, all Insiders will be opted into the "Slow" track.

• Build 9879 is the last new build of the year for Windows Insiders. But we will be back in January with a lot of exciting new things to share with you.
    Keep the feedback coming!
    • As an Insider, you can provide feedback directly to our engineers by using the Windows Feedback app which is part of the Tech Preview download. Simply search for "Windows Feedback" from the search box.

• When on Tech Preview, be sure to sign in with the Microsoft account which you used to sign up for the Insider Program (the address at which you are receiving this email).

• If you have a question or are seeking support for Tech Preview, try the Windows Technical Preview forum. We have people reading the forum all the time and we're forwarding questions, conclusions, and discussions around the team. Don't forget to click the "me too" button when you see someone else's feedback that you agree with or are experiencing yourself.

Stay in the loop
    You'll be hearing from me again when there is more to share — thanks again for helping us make this the best Windows ever.
    Will see you some time soon.

Flashorn, Nov 24, 2014
  2. BillyBob Win User

Damn, I was hoping for a new build after 9879 almost bricked my new SSD. I've still got 9860 on another PC so I can play around with that until the next build, and then I'll go on the slow ring.

:)

BillyBob, Nov 24, 2014
  3. Arun Jain 86, Nov 24, 2014
  4. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

Andre Da Costa, Nov 24, 2014
  5. Tony K Win User
    Yeah, I received the same email today. No big hurry, for I'll be busy with the house and the Holidays anyway.

Tony K, Nov 24, 2014
  6. tinmar49 Win User
    This build should be pretty stable by the end of the year.

tinmar49, Nov 25, 2014
  7. I'm seriously considering reinstalling b9841.

lehnerus2000, Nov 25, 2014
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

I just spent half a day setting up 9841 (very nice btw). I think I will skip a couple. Main reason for 9841 was to get rid of this search icon in the taskbar - it bothered me because it was useless. I'll watch what you guys have to report.

9. Have you tried out the new Window Snapping combinations in b9841?
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post157012

Unfortunately it is broken in the two newer builds. *Sad

lehnerus2000, Nov 25, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    Did you know that you can turn off both the "Show Task View button" and the "Show Search button" on the Task Bar in Build 9879?

LittleJay, Nov 25, 2014
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    Yes. that's what I did.

12. LittleJay Win User
    My mistake. I understood your previous post to say that you installed Build 9841, because you didn't like the search icon on the task bar and I was just mentioning that you could turn it off in build 9879 if you didn't like it.

LittleJay, Nov 25, 2014
  13. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year

Greetings from Holly Jerusalem
    I read that Windows 10 Build 9888 has been leaked!!!

aksalaymeh, Dec 6, 2014
  14. Dave44 Win User
    Gabriel Aul ‏@GabeAul 24m24 minutes ago #WindowsInsiders there are 3 updates now published on WU for 9879. 2 security updates and 1 update for an HDD failure affecting some people.

Dave44, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Build 9879 - Last Build of this Year - Similar Threads - Build 9879 Last

2. Activate Build 9879

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Build 9879: A week or so ago I installed Build 9879 of W 10 TP and have tried every day to activate it through PC Settings. I keep getting a message saying, "Windows can't activate. Try again later." Should I be concerned? What can I do to activate it? Thank you. 3376
  3. OneDrive in build 9879

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive in build 9879: This is a mess imo! Before you had the OneDrive app and you had a OneDrive folder that you saw in File Explorer. Now only the OneDrive folder is there and it only shows those files/folders that are available online and offline. While that is fine as far as it goes, if you...
  4. OneDrive crippled in Build 9879

OneDrive crippled in Build 9879: I root my User folders in the OneDrive folder which has worked fine for several years. After a day of running 9879 I restart to a warning the OneDrive cannot find the Desktop. I try to open OneDrive App and get this error: "Your System Administrator has blocked the User of...
  5. OneDrive context menu in build 9879

OneDrive context menu in build 9879: I'm missing context menu items for "Make available Offline" and "Online only" in the File explorer context menu in latest build. Are these really gone? It was a nice easy way of moving things off your hard disk. Attachment 8233 2900
  6. Build 9879 trashing hard drives!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 9879 trashing hard drives!: I'm starting this thread because of the large number of HDDs I have lost since updating to Build 9879. The drives I have lost are all Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB drives, 2 were VERY new (less than 2 Weeks old) and one was only about 2 Months old. The new ones got exchanged at...
  7. New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available: Hi everyone, I’m excited to share the news that we’re rolling out our next build update to the “Fast” ring of the Windows Insider Program – Build 9879! Once again this build has a ton of changes, some noteworthy new features, and a few gotchas to be aware of. It also has a...
  8. Steam Crashes on Windows 10 Build 9879

in Windows 10 News
    Steam Crashes on Windows 10 Build 9879: Since Windows 10 is still work in progress, it shouldn't be such a big shock to see an app crash all of a sudden, but it appears that build 9879 comes with what could be a widespread bug affecting a significant number of users. Many of those who have gaming platform Steam...
  9. Windows 10 Build 9879 iso now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9879 iso now available: Download Windows Technical Preview November Update - Microsoft Windows here be good to do clean install *Smile*Smile 3053
  10. Hidden tricks and fixes in Windows 10 build 9879

in Windows 10 News
    Hidden tricks and fixes in Windows 10 build 9879: By now, if you're in the "Fast" circle, your copy of Windows 10 Technical Preview should have upgraded to build 9879. While there are more than a few changes that Microsoft has described -- you can turn off the Search and Task View buttons on the taskbar, there are slicker...