Windows 10: Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

Discus and support Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RayLSmith, Aug 16, 2018.

1. RayLSmith Win User

Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

Hi

Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all.

I have tried the following:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

reboot

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth net stop wuauserv cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution ren Download Download.old net start wuauserv net stop bits net start bits net stop cryptsvc cd %systemroot%\system32 ren catroot2 catroot2old net start cryptsvc DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

reboot

Checked permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES

reboot

System remains the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ray

:)

RayLSmith, Aug 16, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 16, 2018
  3. START MENU,CORTANA,EDGE BROWSER AND IN-BUILT APPS NOT WORKING

Hi Aditya,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: You may follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

Windows 10 Built in apps + UAC

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. We understand your requirement in this regard.

Please share these details.

• On which Microsoft account you are trying to disable these apps?

• When you say "we have an application in our company, which requires UAC to be disabled for it to work”. Which application you are referring to?

• On how many computers you are facing this issue?

• Are the systems connected to a domain network?

• Is the issue specific to this application?

You can see this error message “is app can't open with built in administrator account”, when you try to open built-in apps in built-in administrator. So you need a Microsoft account in order to make use of those built-in apps.

Moreover, I see you already disabled the UAC as per the application requirement that you use as a part of your company. We don’t recommend disabling UAC on to help make your computer secure. However currently we don’t have any option to run those
    app with built-in administrator.

I suggest that you provide your suggestions and feedbacks in the dedicated Feedback App. Follow these steps to provide suggestions in Windows Feedback App.

At any time, select Start, and then type Windows Feedback to send us your opinions and suggestions. Windows Feedback is only available if you have Diagnostic and usage data set to Full (Full is the recommended setting).

To change the Diagnostic and usage data setting, go to Start , then select Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics, and then, under Diagnostic and usage data, select an option.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

1. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update - Similar Threads - built apps working

2. Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates: I updated my Surface Pro 5th Gen on 2/8/2021, and ever since then my computer doesn't recognize the built-in camera Intel AVStream Camera 2500. I've tried disabling/enabling the camera, checking for additional driver updates, checking the uefi to see if it was disabled, and...
  3. Built-In Windows Apps not Working/Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-In Windows Apps not Working/Installing: I recently reset my PC in order to free up space and reinstall my games onto an SSD rather than a Hard Drive. But now my built-in windows apps are not opening and seem to not be installing. When I click on any program in the start menu, like windows store, mail, maps, etc....
  4. built in camera stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in camera stopped working after windows update: I have a new HP Probook and installed all updates and now my built in web camera don't work. I have tried everything I can come up with and still don't work. It is not a hardware problem because Hp diagnose tested and it shows the camera is good....
  5. built in microphone not working after Windows10 update

built in microphone not working after Windows10 update: Hi experts, my built in microphone is not working after a Windows 10 update, the microphone was still functioning the day before during my meeting. The update was performed on "shutdown & update" during power off. Built-in microphone functions or listens to videos and music...
  6. In built apps not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In built apps not working: Im using Windows 10 1803 version OS....in which the inbuilt apps are not even opening , when i click on any app it opens for an instance closes automatically. Another thing is that when i open some apps it shows "app is not working"... i dont know what the reason is?..help me...
  7. Built In Windows 10 Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Built In Windows 10 Apps: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I remove the built in Windows 10 apps that came with my computer? I tried to right click on some of them, and I get no "Uninstall" option. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....
  8. Built in Camera not working after update

Built in Camera not working after update: I'm using a 2 month old Dell XPS 13 laptop and following the latest updates, the built in camera is no longer working. I normally use Skype and in the Skype Settings, in Video its showing No Device Found. Dell don't see it as their issue as its a Microsoft Update that's...
  9. Built in Camera not working after update

Built in Camera not working after update: I'm using a 2 month old Dell XPS 13 laptop and following the latest updates, the built in camera is no longer working. I normally use Skype and in the Skype Settings, in Video its showing No Device Found. Dell don't see it as their issue as its a Microsoft Update that's...
  10. Windows built apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows built apps not working: Basically Paint, Calculator, Edge and etc is missing from my start menu, I have lost the search functionality when hitting windows button for quick search, I can't launch Edge even though it is pinned to my taskbar. Started to happen a few days back. What could the isssue...