Windows 10: Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive

Discus and support Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I am having an issue with my Windows 10 PC's inability to use the start menu, and other programs specifically for Windows 10 (such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MacrosoftXP, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive

Hey everyone,

I am having an issue with my Windows 10 PC's inability to use the start menu, and other programs specifically for Windows 10 (such as Control Panel, Updates, Settings, Cortana/Search, etc.)

All other aspects of the computer work, programs, file explorer, and I can access powershell. I saw a couple of similar sounding issues with solutions involving the powershell and recopying and replacing Windows 10 update files, or something to that degree.

I've not been able to get it to work for a couple of days now. No amount of shutting down or restarting has helped.

Please let me know if this is something that can be solved, or if I'll need to go as far as to restore my OS.

Thanks in advance.

:)

MacrosoftXP, Jan 21, 2018

2. "My Office" item is duplicated in StartUp Menu; which folder does list the built-in apps?

Hello.

I just found that "My Office" item is duplicated in my StartUp Menu, and want to remove one of them.

I checked both

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

and

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

But "My Office" is listed at neither folders. In fact, some of the built-in apps, such as "News" is not listed in those folders either. Where those built-in apps are listed for StartUp Menu?

Thanks a lot!

BVPs

BoundaryValueProblems, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Kopo942 Win User
    Taskbar, Start menu and built-in apps randomly stop working & desktop and taskbar crash when explorer.exe is restarted

The steps for doing a clean boot are exactly the same in Windows 10, so it is helpful for some people.

Kopo942, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive

Layback Bear, Jan 21, 2018
  5. MacrosoftXP, Jan 21, 2018
  6. Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive

1. Windows 10 Built-In Programs and Start Menu Non-Repsonsive - Similar Threads - Built Programs Start

2. Restore Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Start Menu Programs: By mistake I removed all my programs from the start menu, they are installed its just they don't show up here on being removed. How to restore them back? Windows: 7 Already Tried: Restarted already...
  3. Organizing Programs in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Organizing Programs in the Start Menu: I have installed a number of online games which now appear separately in the programs list in the start menu as well as tiles. I've consolidated the tiles into a single games folder. How do I do the same thing with the programs in the programs list?...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Programs

Windows 10 Start Menu Programs: Can Windows 10 display all programs as a list of files and folders like Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-programs/d3be5cd6-4220-42d6-bec4-b4f36e667f91
  5. Start menu non operational

Start menu non operational: I have Windows Pro 10.0.19041.388. The start menu no longer works. Every time I try to use it I get an error message stating "CRITICAL ERROR. Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Sign out now." I do not get any option and the laptop...
  6. Duplicate Program icons in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Duplicate Program icons in Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some reports have stated that users are finding duplicate entries for programs in the Start Menu. This glitch can be caused due to a number of factors. It includes incomplete installations, corrupt installations, and more. The down part of this [...] This...
  7. Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Built-in apps ans start menu problem: Hello everyone, since few weeks, I started notice many problems on my Win 10, after 2 months of my update to windows 10 version 1511 (official), these problems are: -I can't add any tile to the start menu and can't remove or move them, and their context menu has less...
  8. Installed program not in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed program not in the start menu.: With a clean install of Win 10 1703 I installed MSI Afterburner from the administrator account but the shortcuts weren't placed in the standard accounts start menu. I'm not sure if this is Windows issue or MSI Afterburner as I haven't received a reply from Guru3d forums...
  9. Windows 10 start menu search programs only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu search programs only: When you open the start menu, is there a way that when you start typing, it displays only programs installed starting with those letters? Or at least show more than just the top 3 options? In windows 8.1 you could have just your programs displayed, and typing would only...
  10. How to find the secret Start Menu built into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find the secret Start Menu built into Windows 10: The title of the article is How to find the secret Start Menu built into Windows 8.1, but I just checked and it works great in Windows 10! When reading the article, follow the instructions in Windows 10 and there ya go! I usually advise readers, but this time a reader...