Windows 10: Windows 10 C Storage

Discus and support Windows 10 C Storage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello to all. Went to give my desktop a clean out to get rid of some old junk that I don't use any longer. Had a good look at my C drive which is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Oct 27, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Windows 10 C Storage

Hello to all.
    Went to give my desktop a clean out to get rid of some old junk that I don't use any longer.
    Had a good look at my C drive which is a SSD it has only the operating system plus programs etc, All other documents photos are on a second internal HDD.
    Now looking at the C drive I noticed that the space left was down to 46GB the size of the SSD is 120GB, Well thought that something was wrong somewhere so dug deeper into the C drive and found a folder containing 25GB and named as GOOGLE DRIVE.*Confused
    I thought that google drive stuff was in the cloud, But where the 25GB has developed I don't know??.Any help on this Please.
    While waiting will be checking up on the google dive on the cloud to see what is there.Thought that 15GB was the limit.
    Many thanks.
    David.*Confused

PS Just looked into the google drive it shows 17GB ???.

:)

2. nitin03 Win User

Windows 10 Reformat + Storage Spaces

Thank you. My "storage space" does not include my C drive (C drive has windows). Once i reformat, will windows 10 recognize the "storage space" that is made up of other drives?

nitin03, Oct 27, 2016
  3. nitin03 Win User
    Windows 10 Reformat + Storage Spaces

I have Windows 10 installed on my C drive. In addition to that, I have a large storage space (pool?) setup with 5 other hard drives (not my C drive). If I use the windows 10 clean/reformat feature to reformat my C drive, will that erase any of my data
    on the storage space or drives?

nitin03, Oct 27, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

Windows 10 C Storage

Don`t need it ? Don`t want it ?

Get rid of it *Smile

Not sure why it would be taking up space on your drive if it`s supposed to be in the cloud, personally I would not trust the cloud.

Get started with Google Drive - Drive Help

AddRAM, Oct 27, 2016
  5. menu Win User
    Thank You do you mean get rid of google drive in the C drive??

Thanks.

6. AddRAM Win User
    No idea, I don`t use it, but I don`t see why it would take up space on your ssd. Why do you use it if you have a hard drive for storage ?
    3 other things you can do to gain space

1) Disable hibernation if you don`t use it.
    2) Lower your page file, since you have 8 GB of memory your page file is at least 8 GB, you can lower it to 4 GB
    3) Lower the amount of space used for System Restore or turn it off if you don`t use it

AddRAM, Oct 27, 2016
  7. kado897 Win User
    kado897, Oct 27, 2016
  8. menu Win User

Windows 10 C Storage

Hi. many thanks both all sorted now thanks to your help once again.
    David.*Thumbs

9. kado897 Win User
    Thanks for letting us know.

kado897, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 C Storage

1. Windows 10 C Storage - Similar Threads - Storage

2. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...
  3. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...
  4. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  6. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  7. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...: I am having a problem with Windows 11 Pro storage settings as I have installed my software " Ableton" which is showing 8.03 gb on Settings> Storage > Installed Apps but the problem is as the software is installed on " ProgramData " Folder Windows C > ProgramData > Ableton...
  9. Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...

Why storage settings> Installed Apps not showing same storage sizes for the apps as...: I am having a problem with Windows 11 Pro storage settings as I have installed my software " Ableton" which is showing 8.03 gb on Settings> Storage > Installed Apps but the problem is as the software is installed on " ProgramData " Folder Windows C > ProgramData > Ableton...
  10. Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”

Query regarding excessive storage usage by “Other Users”: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I have encountered regarding my storage usage on my Asus laptop.Recently, I have noticed a significant increase in storage consumption attributed to "Other Users," which...