Windows 10: Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

Discus and support Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Sorry forgot to get back*Redface Ok, I tried adding one, syncing it, then getting rid of it, and it worked for me. So I guess I can't help in this... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tiuernh, May 13, 2016.

1. Cliff S New Member

Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

Sorry forgot to get back*Redface
    Ok, I tried adding one, syncing it, then getting rid of it, and it worked for me.
    So I guess I can't help in this case, sorry.

If it hadn't worked, I might have been able to mess around with it for a while, till I either found a solution, or, gave up.

Cliff S, May 26, 2016
  2. tiuernh Win User

Just to be clear, you added a "SECONDARY" calendar on your Outlook browser and the calendar should appear on your windows 10 calendar app.

This is where the problem happens for me, first of all you can't delete the calendar in the app so don't think about that. The problem is even if I delete it through the outlook browser, the calendar wont get deleted in my app.

I honestly don't even know what to do anymore. Do you wanna mess around with it for me? lol thats all i can think of. honestly im really good at resolving things since i build em and this is something i cant ever fix.

tiuernh, May 27, 2016
  3. tiuernh Win User
    Also just to be clear, take a look at the SCREENSHOT i've provided, the right side is the OUTLOOK BRWOSER and the left side is the actual windows 10 app.

Notice how many junk calendars I have on the left side, and look how many I have on the right side, I deleted them all on the right side already, but still in the left side.

tiuernh, May 27, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Ok I'll try it this way and post my steps. Please feel free to let me know if I#m missing something.
    I just added a calendar:

Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM [​IMG]

As you can see by today's date it took immediately in the online version:

Now I'm just waiting for it to sync to my app:

By the way it was synced right off to Outlook 2016 in Office 365:

Cliff S, May 27, 2016
  5. tiuernh Win User
    Okay very interesting..
    I immedateily noticed you're on some sort of a different URL, but we have the same exact platform. I am using outlook calendar, yours simply say calendar.
    This is my URL when i use calendar.
    Sign in to your Microsoft account

Is it because your account hasn't been upgraded to outlook yet? I heard microsoft bought hotmail and it turned into outlook and many people are complaining that outlook sucks, i've done reserach on this apparently people been compliaining for years that there mail service sucked after microsoft bought hotmail.

tiuernh, May 27, 2016
  6. tiuernh Win User
    Also if you don't mind post a screenshot of your windows 10 calendar app, click on the top left button first the three lines thing, this will opened the view i have.

tiuernh, May 27, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    After a whole day, the new calendar has not yet synced with my main machine's app(my Insider VM and my laptop UWP default apps were synced immediately, after setting up the new calendar though*Confused).

My main account is Hotmail, but I also have Outlook aliases. Hotmail is Outlook(been ported too) now, just that it uses the name hotmail.

The highlighted brings me to Outlook(email) online, not the Outlook Calendar though. To get to the calendar you need to go here: Sign in to your Microsoft account

Cliff S, May 27, 2016
  8. tiuernh Win User

oh my god i am so confused now idon't think this iwll ever get fixed lol.

theres only one calendar option, the outlook calendar. hotmail doesn't exist anymore. my email is L: email@hotmail.com this is what i use to sign in. and it directs me to outlook email default, then i click on the calendar, outlook calendar. theres no "regular calendar" .

tiuernh, May 28, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    @Pocks1954, this morning when I got up and fired up my main machine, it finally (also)synced the new calendar I created online at Outlook.com:

Now I will delete the calendar there, and see how long it takes to disappear from my UWP Calendar apps on all my machines, and from Office 2016:

I went here to delete the newly made one: Sign in to your Microsoft account

It disappeared from my Office Outlook 2016 calendar immediately,

It is also gone from my Insider VM calendar app:

Gone from my laptop too:

As I was getting the various screenshots from my other PC & VM, the calendar that took a day to sync to my desktop, also disappeared:

So as this is the second time I tested this, I suspect the problem(if you actually deleted the online version of the calendar)has either something to do with your machine syncing to OneDrive, or sync & location settings in the Settings app, or the sync settings in the Calendar and/or Mail app itself(check these settings):

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
  10. tiuernh Win User
    Hey Cliff, I already actually followed your steps. that was actually the first thing i did changed these settings weeks ago and it still didn't fix it thats when I came here. so outlooki sync settings didnt help because i already have those exact settings.

I have onedrive disabled from my pc, if this matters at all im sure it doesn't.
    edit: if it does matter, i just quickly enabled onedrive. and no changes.

tiuernh, May 28, 2016
  11. tiuernh Win User
    Additonally Cliff, it is so simple.. That is exactly what I did. I created a calendar at outlook and it synced to my windows 10 app, then I want to delete it, i deleted it using outlook and as you can see from the screenshot. I deleted all the junk calendars and it is just not working properly, th ecalendars still remained in the app. i have no idea what is causing this.. is very stupid and frustrating. it should be SIMPLE.

tiuernh, May 28, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    I have to agree with you there. The user has to jump through hoops, to create, or delete a calendar. The option should be included in the app.
    You saw in my posts, it took a whole day to sync to one of my systems(the others were immediate), then after deleting it online, it was relatively quick to disappear.

But in the end it did work for me, that's why I posted the screenshots, with the steps I took.

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
  13. tiuernh Win User

I mean, its been a month now and this issue has been PISSING me off lol.

Your screenshots were helpful because it showed exactly what i did. but the only difference is my windows 10 calendar wont delete the calendars.

Obviously this isnt a syncing problem because its been more trhen 24 hours and, my calendars sync, but don't delete.

I'm completely clueless now, what should i even do?..

tiuernh, May 28, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    You can try fixing things, by copy & pasting the following in an Admin Command Prompt:

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

And let it run through.
    Then reboot and run it again, to check if it cleaned and fixed everything.
    It may take awhile depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD),
    and it may appear to freeze at 20% on the third part,
    just be patient and let in run out.

This basically cleans up your Windows side by side folders(WinSxS) and checks your system files for errors, and downloads any incorrect ones from Microsoft servers to replace them it can.

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
  15. tiuernh Win User
    Is there a way to RESET Windows 10 Calendar settings? I've RESETTED using the microsoft store reset app. (DIDNT HELP)

I noticed that as soon as I uninstall the windows 10 calendar app using the windows powershell and installing it back by the store, it "restores user data" this could be it?

tiuernh, May 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM - Similar Threads - Calendar App OUTLOOK

2. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  3. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  4. Calendar App outlook

Calendar App outlook: Why am I unable to copy and paste Google meet , zoom links from calendar app to my web browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-app-outlook/4b0faa5e-95a0-4aa1-a149-d5a2fb654c44
  5. Calendar in Outlook App on Windows 10

Calendar in Outlook App on Windows 10: I would like to give Feedback without using the Feedback Hub. For the Windows 10 Office 365 Outlook App, it would be great to add the weekday when receiving a calendar invite. Currently it only says the date and the time in the reading pane preview....
  6. windows 10 outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 outlook calendar: In Outlook somehow a second Calendar was created. How do I get rid of it? Also when I click on Calendar to display my normal Calendar, the screen shows a listing of appointments (not a standard calendar with dates, etc.) How do I get the default to look like a standard...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  8. Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar: Is there a procedure for syncing the calendar app in Win 10 with the Outlook 2013 calendar? I have been trying to sync my calendar in Outlook 2013 with my Blackberry Z30 in Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link. So far I can only sync Windows 10 contacts with my BB Z30....
  9. How to export outlook 2016 calendar to windows 10 calendar app.

How to export outlook 2016 calendar to windows 10 calendar app.: How can I export my Outlook 2016 calendar to W10's Calendar app? I have tried saving the Outlook Calendar to an ICS file and then opening that file by right clicking on it to open it with the calendar app but it shows up with "busy" for each event. Can someone help me...
  10. Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App

Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App: Hello everybody, my online outlook calendar does not sync with my Windows Calendar app. I am talking about the online calendar which can be accessed after sign-in here: Prihláste sa do svojho konta Microsoft which for me used to always take all the information from my...