Windows 10: Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

Discus and support Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Ok ... I was trying to figure out what command line in PowerShell you entered way back when (before you knew about windowscommunicationsapps. You said... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tiuernh, May 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

Ok ... I was trying to figure out what command line in PowerShell you entered way back when (before you knew about windowscommunicationsapps. You said Hey, I actually never tried "windowscommunicationsapps", I used the mail and calendar one

Of course it worked - you posted the output. Those commands were query only, they weren't meant to change anything.

Of course Comms is in use - you didn't follow the steps in the correct order.

If you want to try again

• PowerShell (Admin)
      Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

• Rename Comms in %LocalAppData%
      if you cannot due to security - stop here and let me know

• Restart the machine

• Reinstall Mail and Calendar - but only if you were able to rename Comms.

• If that doesn't solve the issue ... I'm stumped.

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2016
  2. tiuernh Win User

Actually nevermind sorry for confusion, the one I tried way back was:
    Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

So yes, I am following your steps. Unfortunately I'm getting stuck at Comms. I can follow steps it is easy, open powershell and insert thecommand in. Go to localappdata and i see the comms folder, cannot change name.
    "The action canbt be completed folder or file in it is open in another program.
    Close folder or try again.

tiuernh, Jun 2, 2016
  3. tiuernh Win User
    Okay so I figured out a way, I succesfully changed comms folder name.

Had to create a TEMPORARY user account and log out of my account and change comms to comms_old.

Now I installed the app again on my main account, now INTERESTING getting a new error as soon as I click on my hohtmail account to set up calendar with.

"SOMETHING WENT WRONG"
    "WERE SORRY BUT WE ERENT ABLE TO DO THAT"
    "error code: 0x80040b0b."

Now I do not even have a calendar app to use.

tiuernh, Jun 2, 2016
  4. tiuernh Win User

Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM

Wow, so I played around.

Logged into my local account, I could add my main email into the calendar without no errors popping up. (now i cant add my main account into my main windows account (adminstrator account))

However, as soon as I added my account GUESS WHAT all the JUNK calendars came baaaaaaaack!

So i guess this was kind of helpful because we figured out that the problem is OUTLOOK itself, and nothing to do with calendar because i logged in with a fresh made local account, and all the calendars were synced. This is obviously a outlook problem, and the app itself is fine.
    Good game.. lol so ridiculous @Microsoft / @Outlook.com.

tiuernh, Jun 2, 2016
  5. Good work - Sorry it was not the solution.

I can't think of anything else ... I am officially stumped!

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2016
  6. tiuernh Win User
    So yep,

I just created a new outlook account, just to see if its maybe because my hotmail account is bugged.

However, created the new account, added to windows 10 calendar.

Did the troubleshoot, create calendar on Outlook.com, synced succesfully to app. HERE WE GO..
    Deleted the calendar on outlook.com..

.. DOES NOT SYNC.
    #PermanentSecondaryCalendar
    #Outlook/Windows10

Nothing will fix this issue, it seems to be a outlook or microsoft bug that they never fixed.

Because creating a new account and new calendar had the same problem with the main account.

tiuernh, Jun 3, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I find it great you are trying to make the default app to work(even though I have Outlook 2016 with Office 365 Home, I still use the app to check my mail), you might want to think about, checking the store for an alternative, in your case.*Sad Just take your time and be sure to read about the apps, and read all the comments and look through the comments.

Cliff S, Jun 3, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

There is a very nice and versatile mail app in store, that is TouchMail.
    But that one does not solve the calendar issue, too.

An alternative calendar might be tried, One Calendar is good enough; actually it is very nice.
    When setting it up, uncheck all the additional calendars .....

Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM [​IMG]

..... and it does not show up.

9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Yes, One Calendar does not show the additional calendars when those are unchecked.

Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM [​IMG]

10. Abernolak Win User
    after 2 weeks i found this thread..i have the same problem. creating calendars online in my hotmail account working, all is synced to my desktop calendar application and windows mobile phone. but deleting calendars in online hotmail.com calendar doesn`t delete the calendar in my mobile or desktop calendar application...event and reminders are synced with no problem, only there is no way how to get rid of the junk calendars from desktop and mobile phone.

so there is some issue with hotmail proly, i didnt migrate to outlook when i was offered to. uninstalled calendar and mail on desktop, nothing worked, didnt try to hard reset my mobile, i dont believe its gonna work. it must be stored online somewhere on hotmail server even i dont see deleted calendars online anymore, but they are still on desktop and mobile

Abernolak, Oct 19, 2016
  11. Kouji6309 Win User
    I have the same problem. After I upgraded to the 14955 preview, the problem was solved.

Kouji6309, Oct 25, 2016
  12. Abernolak Win User
    well, so i need to wait for official release right? how long? weeks? months?

Abernolak, Oct 25, 2016
  13. Kouji6309 Win User

Yes, maybe few days. Microsoft will announce something in October 26 10 am EDT.
    Check this URL: Microsoft Windows 10 event
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    對,或許幾天吧。微軟將在美國時間10月26日 10 AM 發表一些東西。
    看看這網址: Microsoft Windows 10 event

Kouji6309, Oct 25, 2016
  14. FreddyM Win User
    Hi, I'm new to this forum*Smile
    I have had the same problem for a couple of days, and have searched everywhere for a solution. Today- finally, I got rid of all of my deleted calendars that appeared in the calendar app in Windows 10.
    I have tried many of the "solutions" mentioned earlier in this tread, but had no luck fixing this problem... I have even removed all of the restorable items in my outlook.com account "deleted items" folder.
    The solution for me, was to empty the "Deleted Items" folder in the Mail app in Windows 10. I tried to empty it in my outlook.com account first, but it had no effect. When I did it in the Mail app, all of those annoying old calendars were gone. I was about to leave thing as it was and give up, but did this as my last try to fix this annoying thing. Hope this can help for some of you *Smile

FreddyM, Nov 6, 2016
  15. Abernolak Win User
    nah, didnt work for me...it says "we didnt find anything to show here " in all my win10 desktop app folders. but those useless calendars still there - on my win10 desktop app and win10 mobile.
    no calendars in online hotmail account. so bugged as hell as it always has been *Tongue

Abernolak, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Calendar App / OUTLOOK.COM - Similar Threads - Calendar App OUTLOOK

2. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  3. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  4. Calendar App outlook

Calendar App outlook: Why am I unable to copy and paste Google meet , zoom links from calendar app to my web browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-app-outlook/4b0faa5e-95a0-4aa1-a149-d5a2fb654c44
  5. Calendar in Outlook App on Windows 10

Calendar in Outlook App on Windows 10: I would like to give Feedback without using the Feedback Hub. For the Windows 10 Office 365 Outlook App, it would be great to add the weekday when receiving a calendar invite. Currently it only says the date and the time in the reading pane preview....
  6. windows 10 outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 outlook calendar: In Outlook somehow a second Calendar was created. How do I get rid of it? Also when I click on Calendar to display my normal Calendar, the screen shows a listing of appointments (not a standard calendar with dates, etc.) How do I get the default to look like a standard...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  8. Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar: Is there a procedure for syncing the calendar app in Win 10 with the Outlook 2013 calendar? I have been trying to sync my calendar in Outlook 2013 with my Blackberry Z30 in Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link. So far I can only sync Windows 10 contacts with my BB Z30....
  9. How to export outlook 2016 calendar to windows 10 calendar app.

How to export outlook 2016 calendar to windows 10 calendar app.: How can I export my Outlook 2016 calendar to W10's Calendar app? I have tried saving the Outlook Calendar to an ICS file and then opening that file by right clicking on it to open it with the calendar app but it shows up with "busy" for each event. Can someone help me...
  10. Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App

Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App: Hello everybody, my online outlook calendar does not sync with my Windows Calendar app. I am talking about the online calendar which can be accessed after sign-in here: Prihláste sa do svojho konta Microsoft which for me used to always take all the information from my...