Windows 10: Windows 10 calendar: new calendar

Discus and support Windows 10 calendar: new calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I access outlook on the web, I have the option of creating a new calendar. I use this to separate the type of events I put on my calendar. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FaeFern, Feb 7, 2016.

1. FaeFern Win User

Windows 10 calendar: new calendar

When I access outlook on the web, I have the option of creating a new calendar. I use this to separate the type of events I put on my calendar. I have the holiday one, of course, but I also have one I use to keep all my school classes and events in, so they're a different color than everything else. I then just made one for 'special' events, because I've got an increasing amount of such events, like musical dates, opera dates, my nephew's boy scout events, etc, that I want to have show up separate from my classes. I want to be able to filter which sort of events show up, and I can on outlook.com. That's not my problem. I just click 'new calendar' and I can customize these sort of events.
    However, the problem shows up when I go to the calendar app for windows 10. I use it a lot- a LOT -and it does show different calendars on the side bar. It's got my main outlook calendar, my 'birthday calendar', and the holiday calendar to choose from. I can filter one out, or let them all show up, etc. But those are the only three that show up. My 'special events' calendar and my 'classes' don't show up on the sidebar there. I thought maybe I just needed to wait until it automatically synced with outlook, but when it did, all my classes and special events disappeared completely. These two new, customized calendars don't sync with the app, and the events that are on those calendars disappear.
    Is there a way to make these new calendars show up on the Windows 10 app, or do I just need to wait? I restarted my computer to sort of 'force' it to update and sync when it came back on, but still no dice. Or is this possibly just a feature the app doesn't support and I might as well move all those events back to the same calendar and deal with them all looking exactly the same? Also, I have a windows phone and want the different calendars to show up on the mobile version of the exact same app.

:)

FaeFern, Feb 7, 2016

2. How to sync an alternate calendar instead of the default calendar

Hi,

I recently converted to an OMNIA phone. WIth my previous NOKIA phone, I can program the syncing of the calendar to sync with my (which is the one in office live) that I use as my default rather than the default calendar provided by my ISP.
    IN other words, I can choose a calendar to sync with the phone. Now that is convenient. Thing is, with windows mobile, I can't figure out how to do this. I want to use my and sync it with my phone rather than the one in my outlook. Is
    this possible and how do you do it? If not, then I guess this calls for a software upgrade.

alternate calendar, Feb 7, 2016
  3. After upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10, none of my calendar appointments transferred over.

Problem solved. I successfully returned to Windows 8.1.

Miss Calendar, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 calendar: new calendar

1. Windows 10 calendar: new calendar - Similar Threads - calendar calendar

2. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  3. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  4. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...: I have tried all my user names and passwords i.e. microsoft, admin, and yahoo but it has not fixed the issue. I also receive a message Microsoft OutlookAccess to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a Web site, sign out of...
  6. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...: I have tried all my user names and passwords i.e. microsoft, admin, and yahoo but it has not fixed the issue. I also receive a message Microsoft OutlookAccess to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your Microsoft account with a Web site, sign out of...
  7. I keep receiving a pop-up asking me to sign in to Windows Security to download my calendar...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar: I have just synced my work calendar from an online website with my outlook calendar. It has successfully synced to the calendar on the outlook app.However, it is not showing up on the sidebar calendar when I click on the time and date on bottom right hand corner. I was...
  9. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar: I have just synced my work calendar from an online website with my outlook calendar. It has successfully synced to the calendar on the outlook app.However, it is not showing up on the sidebar calendar when I click on the time and date on bottom right hand corner. I was...
  10. Unable to sync calendar with sidebar calendar

in Windows 10 Customization