Windows 10: windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network

Discus and support windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem with my computer. I have Asus RT-AC87U AC2400 Gigabit Wireless router. I have a seagate free agent drive connected to router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GIGN1987, Jul 18, 2018.

1. GIGN1987 Win User

windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network

Hello,

i have a problem with my computer. I have Asus RT-AC87U AC2400 Gigabit Wireless router. I have a seagate free agent drive connected to router and shared it with samba/cifs protocol. My computer is connected to router trought cable over one switch. Problem is that i can not see other computers or samba shared drive over router in network places in windows 10 pro. I found that two services was stopped so i started them and set to automatic start. Now i can see my computer but not others. Others can see my computer.

Thanks for reply.

:)

GIGN1987, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 18, 2018
  4. windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network

1. windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network - Similar Threads - computers shares network

2. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  3. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.: My computer will not see my wifi network but will see others around me. Router is seen by phone and streaming devices. Network troubleshooter doesn't help. Connecting via Network cable works but I need wireless connectivity....
  4. Computer cannot see wifi but can see other networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. recently can not see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recently can not see other computers on network: Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎08/‎10/‎2022OS build 22621.1555Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0Discovered this am that this machine is unable to see other computers on my home network. I've checked the sharing settings - all ok...
  6. recently can not see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recently can not see other computers on network: Edition Windows 11 HomeVersion 22H2Installed on ‎08/‎10/‎2022OS build 22621.1555Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0Discovered this am that this machine is unable to see other computers on my home network. I've checked the sharing settings - all ok...
  7. Can share files/printers but can't "see" other computer on my network

Can share files/printers but can't "see" other computer on my network: When I click on "Network" in the Explorer, it doesn't show the other computer named "hostname" on my local ethernet network. However, if I enter "\\hostname" in the search bar, then the shared printers and files set for sharing show up and I can access them and print....
  8. Can See Other Device on Network but not the shared files!

Can See Other Device on Network but not the shared files!: Hi So glad in the last few years there is OneDive so that we haven't had to deal with these stupid Network sharing issues. But today I do need to access a folder on another PC in our network which I don't want to put into OneDrive. I can see the PC, but it only has...
  9. Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software. Network adapter drivers are the latest. I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue. I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks. Both Wifi and...
  10. Cannot see other computer shares on home network

Cannot see other computer shares on home network: I just re-installed Windows 10 clean on my wife's computer. Network Discovery is turned on but I cannot see other computers on my home network. When I enter the UNC path to any network share I get the following: "You don't have permission to access the share". This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not see shares

2. cannot see asus router shares on win10

3. windows 10 cant see network computers