Windows 10: Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings?

Discus and support Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Unlike windows 7, when I make setting changes in Windows 10 it seems to occur immediately? Is there a way to cancel those changes while I am on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sjf99, Aug 17, 2016.

1. sjf99 Win User

Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings?

Unlike windows 7, when I make setting changes in Windows 10 it seems to occur immediately? Is there a way to cancel those changes while I am on the same page before exiting? I hope this makes sense? i.e. I went to power settings and adjusted the display mode and sleep mode, but there are no "save/cancel" buttons anymore it just seems to happen automatically? What if I don't want to keep them, is there a way to undo the changes before I exit the page? Please advise.

Thanks.

Scott

:)

sjf99, Aug 17, 2016
  2. hfrmobile Win User

Upload canceled > Save changes? >Can't upload > Save changes?

Having a Word document which is changed at least once a day on the Phone.

Often it works but sometimes it just drives me crazy:

• Upload canceled
    • Save changes?
    • Can't upload
    • Save changes?
    • Can't upload
    • Upload status
    • Resolve
    • Replace item on server
    • Couldn't upload
    • Upload status (We don't support this authentication scheme. Contact the person who manages this SharePoint site)
    • Upload now
    • Couldn't upload
    Screenshots:
    http://.wordpress.com/2013/10/29/upload-canceled-save-changes-cant-upload-save-changes/

hfrmobile, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Langiu Win User
    Upload canceled > Save changes? >Can't upload > Save changes?

Yes, I'm getting exactly the same problem with an Excel file. I think it was caused by my having edited the file whilst the phone was in Flight Mode. As there was no connection to OneDrive, the file was saved locally, but now it just won't upload, giving
    the error message: "We don't support this authentication scheme. Contact the person who manages this SharePoint site"

Langiu, Aug 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

You can:
    a. simply reverse the changes you made manually
    b. set a system restore point manually before launching Settings, and use the restore point to reverse the changes.

dalchina, Aug 17, 2016
  5. sjf99 Win User
    Got it, but I was looking for something even simpler. While on the same page, if I make a bunch of changes, to various settings, before I exit out and decide I don't want to keep them is there a way to cancel that on the same page? Like in previous editions?

sjf99, Aug 17, 2016
  6. sjf99 Win User
    I think I figured it out I need to go to the "classic shell" of the old settings, i.e. control panel, to get the save/update buttons. Thanks.

Scott

sjf99, Aug 17, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Yes, the old CP is still there, but functions are slowly being subsumed into Settings. A whole lot more have been duplicated in Settings in this build.

The plan is to eventually get rid of the old-style CP.

No doubt they run the two in parallel until any bugs in the Settings version are discovered and squished. E.g. having to set hypertext associations manually in the old CP when changing browser defaults.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings? - Similar Threads - Cancel Save Changes

2. How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?: Hello, I've got two questions. Second question is more important for me. 1 When I change my Performance Settings and then log off or reboot my Windows 10 computer, my changes go back to what they were. Why does this happen? 2 What are Group Policy settings that control these...
  3. How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save my performance settings changes in Windows 10 pro?: Hello, I've got two questions. Second question is more important for me. 1 When I change my Performance Settings and then log off or reboot my Windows 10 computer, my changes go back to what they were. Why does this happen? 2 What are Group Policy settings that control these...
  4. Change Windows Camera App Save Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows Camera App Save Settings?: Is there a way to change the save settings for the Windows Camera App? I'm using it in Windows 10, and I would like to change the save settings for the pictures I am taking, specifically the file names. Having the files automatically named something like...
  5. Change Windows Camera App Save Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows Camera App Save Settings?: Is there a way to change the save settings for the Windows Camera App? I'm using it in Windows 10, and I would like to change the save settings for the pictures I am taking, specifically the file names. Having the files automatically named something like...
  6. Windows 10 cancelled a change in permissions and is stuck

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cancelled a change in permissions and is stuck: I mistakenly tried the following fix to my permissions in order to allow google earth to install on my computer. 1. Open File Explorer press Windows logo + E, navigate to This PC > Local Disk C: > Users >Select your User profile. 2. Right click on your User profile...
  7. Can't save or change Proxy setting on Windows 10 - 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save or change Proxy setting on Windows 10 - 1809: Hello, I farmated yesterday my PC for this reason and the problem was solved I could edit proxy settings then I continued installing my work programs and other stuf and today found out that proxy setting don't work again I can't save them, I click save I exit the window and...
  8. Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings: Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup from Stereo to 5.1 when I cancel setting process. Finally VLC and others play DTS 5.1 HD or AC 3 (6 channels) from movies and my connected stereo headphone doesn't play all "voices" anymore. 1. On taskbar right click on the...
  9. Game can't save and change setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game can't save and change setting.: After update to window 10 version 1803, my game - Grim Dawn, Dynasty Warrior 8 - can't save, change setting and it's nothing. But LoL play well. all online game play well. store game play well. WHY???...
  10. Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes

in Browsers and Email
    Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes: W-10 Build 14271 Edge 31.14271.1000.0 Probably in front of my nose.*Huh Edge Settings. After I change the "Open with" settings, I can't find a "Save". I click the "Open with" to "A specific page or pages", change the Drop-down to "Custom", X out "about:start", in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. save changes to settings